Uat vs UT - who do you like?

gr82b4au

49 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Auburn been out for a while but no doubt it was a bs called game. Bama had 17 penalties to Tennessee's 6. Thats how they call it now. "Bama has better players so lets call 10 more penalties against them" that will make it more fair. College football is like politics now and that is why it is declining......................... 

why are you like this 

• Like 1

there's no possibility that the team that played ridiculously undisciplined when their backs were against the wall in a road game against UT earlier this season, couldn't also play ridiculously undisciplined when their backs were against the wall in a road game against UT tonight?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Auburn been out for a while but no doubt it was a bs called game. Bama had 17 penalties to Tennessee's 6. Thats how they call it now. "Bama has better players so lets call 10 more penalties against them" that will make it more fair. College football is like politics now and that is why it is declining......................... 

Cry more, it's fun to read

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Really? 

That's the hill you choose to die on?

Bama had 17 penalties, most of the self inflicted, but if every pass interference was called committed by #14 in white they should have had 22. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, E'Town4Bama said:

D73B2E47-0377-408C-BB5F-804DCB142D65.gif

• Haha 6

I've never been a Vol fan, but then I've never been a Bama fan either.

USUALLY, Bama almost never gets called for PI. False starts, off sides, delay of game, but rarely big penalties like PI or face mask no matter how blatant, no matter how obvious.

Even in this game, a play in the end zone that should have been flagged as PI on Bama was instead called against TN.

To beat Bama, you not only have to outplay the Bama team, you have to overcome the ref bias.

Fact is, Bama did not *deserve* to win this game. They did not *earn* a win. They may go to the SECCG, but whichever East team they play, if the Refs don't decide it, they will lose. And I am really happy about that.

Now, if TN can just knock off UGA ...... we will have a really fun SECCG and a CFB playoff to remember. Imagine UT vs Michigan or Ohio State.

Edited by AURex
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, AURex said:

I've never been a Vol fan, but then I've never been a Bama fan either.

USUALLY, Bama almost never gets called for PI. False starts, off sides, delay of game, but not big penalties like PI or face mask no matter how obvious.

Even in this game, a play in the end zone that should have been flagged as PI on Bama was instead called against TN.

To beat Bama, you not only have to outplay the Bama team, you have to overcome the ref bias.

Fact is, Bama did not *deserve* to win this game. They did not *earn* a win. They may go to the SECCG, but whichever East team they play, if the Refs don't decide it, they will lose. And I am really happy about that.

Now, if TN can just knock off UGA ...... we will have a really fun SECCG and a CFB playoff to remember. Imagine UT vs Michigan or Ohio State.

If, Tenn can beat UGA and win the East, it's going to be very hard for them to beat Bama again in the SECCG.

14 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

If, Tenn can beat UGA and win the East, it's going to be very hard for them to beat Bama again in the SECCG.

This is why we need to fire Harsin and beat Bama. That will send the Egg Bowl winner to the SEC championship.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

This is why we need to fire Harsin and beat Bama. That will send the Egg Bowl winner to the SEC championship.

It's still possible that Ole Miss and/or MSU could beat Bama. I like their chances better than ours.

Just now, woodford said:

Incredible game. So stoked UT won. What a helluva scene. 

Don’t let Tennessee get good lol

We need Tennessee to get better.  Tired of UGA cake walking to the SECCG and Bama getting automatic wins against them.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

We need Tennessee to get better.  Tired of UGA cake walking to the SECCG and Bama getting automatic wins against them.

This.   You can’t overstate how much Bama under Saban has benefitted from TN’s demise .     And you could throw UGUs rise as well.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Incredible game. So stoked UT won. What a helluva scene. 

Don’t let Tennessee get good lol

We need UTk to be competitive to keep bama/UGA/UF in check. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

why are you like this 

I've got several family members who are diehard Bammer's and most are saying this. I had to drive for a bit today and I had the Tenn./Bama game on radio and it was 14-7 Tennessee like 7 minutes in. Eli Gold is out so they had 2 other guys calling it and they were griping about how Tennessee was piping in more noise through the P.A. and how the ref's only seem to watch Bama's O-Line when calling false starts. When their own damn radio announcers are making excuses and acting as if it's all rigged against Bama, then it's no wonder the fans are all that way. Gosh, I hate that fanbase something terrible!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We are seeing Alabama fall from their 14 year run, right before our eyes. Saban knows it but won't admit it. Look how much Saban's aged, just in his appearance, the past 2 years. I think Georgia is VERY likely going to start a dynasty themselves. Tennessee has Hendon Hooker and he is nearly 25 yrs old and Heupel is making hay while he can with Hendon. Tennessee may fall off a touch at QB next year but they'll also get better players in other positions so Tennessee won't be going away anytime soon. Kiffin looks scary at Ole Miss and Brian Kelly is going to have LSU in the hunt alot sooner rather than later. Hopefully we can get the right hire and be a pain in Saban's side again. 

When you go back to last year, you could see the chink in Bama's armor. They lost to Texas A&M and Calzada!!! Saban was like 25-0 against his former assistants and then Jimbo beat him. Later, our terrible Auburn team took Bama to 4 overtimes but Bama sneaked by. 3 games later, another former Saban assistant Kirby Smart and Georgia throttle Bama for the Natty. Then 2nd game this year, against a former Saban assistant in Sarkisian, Texas should've beaten Bama but they snuck away with another close one. Then Jimbo again last week, comes to Tuscaloosa and throws to the endzone to win the game but Bama barely squeaks by and this A&M team is not good. Plus they've got their backup QB playing and he nearly beats Bama. And now Bama loses today, giving up 52 points in the process. Saban and Bama are 2 seconds from 7-0 season but are 5 seconds from a 4-3 record. Add in last years blunders and scares, it's obvious they've fallen from the mountaintop and I would be really shocked if Saban gets another Natty at Bama. It happened to Bear, Bobby Bowden, all of them. Saban will be no different.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We need UTk to be competitive to keep bama/UGA/UF in check. 

We need AUBURN to be competitive to keep those fools in check. On to the next AD, coach, and stage of Auburn football!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

We are seeing Alabama fall from their 14 year run, right before our eyes. Saban knows it but won't admit it. Look how much Saban's aged, just in his appearance, the past 2 years. I think Georgia is VERY likely going to start a dynasty themselves. Tennessee has Hendon Hooker and he is nearly 25 yrs old and Heupel is making hay while he can with Hendon. Tennessee may fall off a touch at QB next year but they'll also get better players in other positions so Tennessee won't be going away anytime soon. Kiffin looks scary at Ole Miss and Brian Kelly is going to have LSU in the hunt alot sooner rather than later. Hopefully we can get the right hire and be a pain in Saban's side again. 

When you go back to last year, you could see the chink in Bama's armor. They lost to Texas A&M and Calzada!!! Saban was like 25-0 against his former assistants and then Jimbo beat him. Later, our terrible Auburn team took Bama to 4 overtimes but Bama sneaked by. 3 games later, another former Saban assistant Kirby Smart and Georgia throttle Bama for the Natty. Then 2nd game this year, against a former Saban assistant in Sarkisian, Texas should've beaten Bama but they snuck away with another close one. Then Jimbo again last week, comes to Tuscaloosa and throws to the endzone to win the game but Bama barely squeaks by and this A&M team is not good. Plus they've got their backup QB playing and he nearly beats Bama. And now Bama loses today, giving up 52 points in the process. Saban and Bama are 2 seconds from 7-0 season but are 5 seconds from a 4-3 record. Add in last years blunders and scares, it's obvious they've fallen from the mountaintop and I would be really shocked if Saban gets another Natty at Bama. It happened to Bear, Bobby Bowden, all of them. Saban will be no different.

I don’t think people in general, and Bama fans in particular, give Kirby Smart the credit he is due for Bama’s dominance in the Nick Saban era. But all of your points are valid and spot on. 

11 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Even a uater has to be smarter than that.  Wait, maybe not.  You are seriously going to blame an officiating crew on that?  Uat has gotten the benefit of officiating more in the SEC than all other teams combined and extremely often at very critical times during the games throughout the years.   The FACT is, your team was undisciplined and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE penalties were there.  Not one of them was made up.  How many times was their something questionable that was passed on and not flagged that uat did?  I'm guessing quite often, and I'm sure there were some close/questionable ones on UT that were passed on as well.  Newsflash, its not  the officials job to keep the penalties even.  Bottom line is you LOST because Tennessee lit up your defense for 567 yards of offense and they made great plays at the end.  Oh, and uat still can't find a kicker.    

Side note:   uat time of possession:  37:29. Tennessee:  22:31    567 yards of offense in only 22 1/2 minutes of possession?  That's why you lost, not officiating.  The "officials screwed us" mantra is not something uat can EVER use.  Try harder.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I agree w everything except Kelly at LSU.. He is so cringe and that offense of his is lame. I think he trends toward crash and burn.. I wouldnt sleep on Jimbo, hate the guy but if he ever gets a qb they could begin to live up to their recruiting potential sooner than LSU

Imo

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

A good Auburn alone doesn’t do anything to prevent UGA and UA from being on the precipice of title contention (2017, 2019). 1 loss regular seasons do not matter for those two 

When your coach doesn’t run your star player into the ground, we would have knocked UGA in the mouth again