Not firing him yesterday was a mistake

AUght2win

4 minutes ago, CR said:

I would be shocked if the Harsins go quietly into the night.

That’s what worries me. And, I’d still like to know, just to sleep easier, if AU is dealing with a legal entity solely representing Harsin and paid only by Harsin.

Can we calm down with the middle school speculation and over reaction!!!??? 
Harsin knows he will be fired. He will act professionaly when that time comes along with any other departing staff.

Agents are inquiring about the soon to be open position. The Administration is taking calls and making calls and will implement a plan with the candidates they think are worthy of making a plan for. Each candidate will be on their own timeline if hired.  

Current and prospective players know changes are coming. Once announced  they will decide whether they want to be a part of the program. We will win some and loose some as the new coach brings in his staff. 

If it’s firing happens next week or at the end of the season we will still struggle to win games and remain in leadership and recruiting limbo until after NSD. 

36 minutes ago, CR said:

I would be shocked if the Harsins go quietly into the night.

Professionally, making a stink about it would only harm Harsin's future prospects.  It would be in his best interest to accept it, take his buyout, and go about his business.  Coaches know it is a business.  Coaches that do not want their next job to be in Grand Forks, ND know to be careful in talking about their previous employer.

Even Kiffin had the good sense to be careful in what he says about USC firing him.

The real question is, who can we really afford after paying ANOTHER buyout?

I think we need to start considering our "emergency" options (though I hope we don't have to)...Deion if he goes anywhere will likely go to FSU and that job may very well be opening up...Zona State or Colorado may beat us to the punch with Grimes or Aranda could bolt to Wisky or Neb and he'd be promoted...our admin might not sign off on Freeze...etc.

Plus, WDE and PTB's words about Rich make me nervous, and he's probably going to get the AD job after the news from Utah State today.

Edited by AUwent

2 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Im not asking for the plan, exactly. Im asking for someone to simply say that there is one and that there is a timeline. And that they're sticking to it.

Instead I hear, well it may happen after UGA, oh now maybe Ole miss or the bye week. Actually it might not happen till the end of the year. But it really might not happen till after we hire an AD. It sounds like either no one knows anything or worse, the admin/PTB is making it up week to week based on how they feel.

No one knows, and any “insider” on here are purely speculating.  The Administration (Pres. Roberts) has his hands full.  He needs to name a permanent AD and let the search committee coordinate with the AD on potential candidates for Harsin’s replacement.  

On 10/10/2022 at 11:58 AM, AUght2win said:

Putting myself out there with this take, so feel free to razz me if I’m way off. But we’re going to play OM close Saturday and maybe even beat them.

Auburn is 35-10 all time against Ole Miss. We’ve beaten them 6 in a row. We seem to beat them even when they’re at their absolute best, like last year. Auburn just almost always beats OM, period.

They’re obviously a much better overall team than us this season. But the talent gap isn’t enormous. We’ll be the best defense they’ve played (I would think we’re better than Kentucky). Vandy put up big offensive numbers on them Saturday. And Kiffin’s analytics can blow a game fast.

If we do upset them, we’re likely stuck with Harsin until the end of the year. That completely destroys recruiting with the fact that 80% of kids sign on ENSD. 

Had we canned him yesterday, we’d have 10 weeks to distance ourselves from Harsin before ENSD. We’d have guys like Cadillac or Zach (who have a good chance of being retained on the next staff, regardless of HC) promising  that the next coach is going to be incredible, and that we’re moving on.

I just don’t understand our PTB. They wanted him gone in February. Why wait another day? Every hour that passes with CBH still at the helm is actively hurting the program. 

I’ll never root against Auburn. But we’ll be in a real disastrous situation if we win Saturday.

I don't think our offense can keep it close. Which is really saying something, when we've won the last 6. 

I agree with your point that this feels like the one weird upset we could get. But the wheels are completely off and this will be a 2012 type season. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, cbo said:

I don't think our offense can keep it close. Which is really saying something, when we've won the last 6. 

I agree with your point that this feels like the one weird upset we could get. But the wheels are completely off and this will be a 2012 type season. 

I’m skeptical with guys like Derrick Hall, Pappoe, Shenker and Colby Wooden that the wheels will come off. I don’t expect a 2012. They are real leaders and will keep fighting. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I’m skeptical with guys like Derrick Hall, Pappoe, Shenker and Colby Wooden that the wheels will come off. I don’t expect a 2012. They are real leaders and will keep fighting. 

I agree with you about Hall and Wooden. I think Pappoe is lost and I don't blame him because every LB looks like they haven't had a day of coaching in the past year. I like Shenker, but I can't see anyone on this offense rallying the troops. It's hard to lead when you aren't producing on the field. 

But the defense is better than 2012. There might be a game where the D scores a touchdown or two and we get a surprising win. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Was optimitically hoping a new regime might bring actual organizational change. Guess I'm naive haha

I just think they can’t do those type of things in public. I believe the fact that New President and interim AD are not saying anything (including the old “will be evaluated at end of season” is extremely telling

Edited by Hank2020

Hiring him in the first place was the mistake.  Even Gus was better than this. At least if he had stayed we wouldn’t have lost the 20 players and gutted this team for the foreseeable future.  This is a mess that is going to take a good coach a long time to overcome.