Not firing him yesterday was a mistake

AUght2win

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I think that level of dysfunction would make our current level of dysfunction look like a dream.  Who do you think the Boise guys allegiance is to,,, Harsin or, Auburn?

As the wise man said, "we have to do this right".

They are not going to jeopardize their buy outs and future options, that's crazy talk.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AUght2win said:

That completely destroys recruiting with the fact that 80% of kids sign on ENSD. 

Had we canned him yesterday, we’d have 10 weeks to distance ourselves from Harsin before ENSD. We’d have guys like Cadillac or Zach (who have a good chance of being retained on the next staff, regardless of HC) promising  that the next coach is going to be incredible, and that we’re moving on.

I wanted Harsin canned 12 months ago, but disagreed with this take. Cadillac & Etheridge can’t promise a recruit anything, much less the next HC will be incredible or even their own jobs are safe. 

IMO, this class is toast, regardless if he’s fired today or the day after the Iron Bowl. Why? Because the earliest we will hire a new HC is the first week of December…likely the 2nd or 3rd week of December. 

Anything Cadillac & Etheridge tell recruits prior to that is 100% speculation.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

I think that level of dysfunction would make our current level of dysfunction look like a dream.  Who do you think the Boise guys allegiance is to,,, Harsin or, Auburn?

I made this same point a couple of weeks ago, but what are Harsin’s boys going to do? Purposely lose more games than we’re already losing? More transfers? So what? If Harsin is more their allegiance than AU, then GTFO. Transfer to Boise and see how far Harsin can take you there.

It can’t get much worse here. Cut the cord and damn the repercussions. 

15 minutes ago, Viper said:

I wanted Harsin canned 12 months ago, but disagreed with this take. Cadillac & Etheridge can’t promise a recruit anything, much less the next HC will be incredible or even their own jobs are safe. 

IMO, this class is toast, regardless if he’s fired today or the day after the Iron Bowl. Why? Because the earliest we will hire a new HC is the first week of December…likely the 2nd or 3rd week of December. 

Anything Cadillac & Etheridge tell recruits prior to that is 100% speculation.

Yep.  We're going to have our third (at minimum) subpar recruiting class in a row.  That's how programs get destroyed.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm not worried in the least about beating Ole Miss Saturday. We will play them tight early and get blown out late.

I'd love if we find a way to win, but it ain't happening. 

Also, he's getting fired whether he wins or not, just a matter of when. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Viper said:

I made this same point a couple of weeks ago, but what are Harsin’s boys going to do? Purposely lose more games than we’re already losing? More transfers? So what? If Harsin is more their allegiance than AU, then GTFO. Transfer to Boise and see how far Harsin can take you there.

It can’t get much worse here. Cut the cord and damn the repercussions. 

I understand.  I feel your pain.  Still, you cannot make big decisions with emotions.  We have to be smart.

Believe me, I want Harsin gone more than anyone.  I have not seen one positive from his tenure.

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I think their ultimate allegiance is to themselves.  While it would be obvious to them that they are likely gone at the end of the season, they are still professionals.  They had only worked for Harsin for a few years before coming to Auburn, and I doubt any of them are going to sabotage their careers with some internal dysfunction protest on his behalf.  It is in their best interest to do their jobs to the best of their ability, until they are fired.  That is what their next employer will expect them to have done.  Harsin is a professional too, and will quietly go on to whatever his next gig is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I think their ultimate allegiance is to themselves.  While it would be obvious to them that they are likely gone at the end of the season, they are still professionals.  They had only worked for Harsin for a few years before coming to Auburn, and I doubt any of them are going to sabotage their careers with some internal dysfunction protest on his behalf.  It is in their best interest to do their jobs to the best of their ability, until they are fired.  That is what their next employer will expect them to have done.  Harsin is a professional too, and will quietly go on to whatever his next gig is.

Probably, but sabotage was not the sort of dysfunction I was referring to.  It never entered my mind. 

One of the things that I think frustrates me is the lack of a known plan. Now maybe there is one and none of us know about it, but I havent seen anything but vague generalities at best. People keep saying we cant fire him now and we have to do this the right way. What is the right way? Is there progress being made on this supposed right way? What are the clear benefits to doing it this right way vs firing him now and starting on the future? My faith in trusting AU men working in the shadows is pretty low. So all I have to stare at is the fact that he isnt fired, and assume the worst.

Are we fighting him for cause and need more time or are we not? Are we hiring an AD first before we fire him or not? Are we waiting for the bye week or the end of the year?

My point is, if people are alluding to a right way, then that has to be based on something. There has to be at least some semblence of a plan for there to be a right way. 

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

One of the things that I think frustrates me is the lack of a known plan. Now maybe there is one and none of us know about it, but I havent seen anything but vague generalities at best. People keep saying we cant fire him now and we have to do this the right way. What is the right way? Is there progress being made on this supposed right way? What are the clear benefits to doing it this right way vs firing him now and starting on the future? My faith in trusting AU men working in the shadows is pretty low. So all I have to stare at is the fact that he isnt fired, and assume the worst.

Are we fighting him for cause and need more time or are we not? Are we hiring an AD first before we fire him or not? Are we waiting for the bye week or the end of the year?

My point is, if people are alluding to a right way, then that has to be based on something. There has to be at least some semblence of a plan for their to be a right way. 

Good luck with that. I too have the same frustration 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Allegiance is to whoever signs the paycheck.  IF the Boise guys choose to back out when Harsin is terminated, then they are in breach of their contract with Auburn and they would not receive their buyout. 

10 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Allegiance is to whoever signs the paycheck.  IF the Boise guys choose to back out when Harsin is terminated, then they are in breach of their contract with Auburn and they would not receive their buyout. 

💯 

47 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

My point is, if people are alluding to a right way, then that has to be based on something. There has to be at least some semblence of a plan for there to be a right way. 

I've wondered all this too. I have my guesses. Which means nothing BTW. We have to trust folks know what they are doing,  even though they haven't proven this in the past

Edited by NWALA Tiger

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

I do not believe there is a right way or time for a university to fire their head football coach.  Midseason firings are less common, but I suspect Harsin already knows that it is a matter of when, not if.

I understand.  I feel your pain.  Still, you cannot make big decisions with emotions.  We have to be smart.

Believe me, I want Harsin gone more than anyone.  I have not seen one positive from his tenure.

My point is…if Harsin is fired before the season ends, how can his Boise boys sabotage the season worse than if he stayed till post-Iron Bowl? IMO, it’s not possible it can get worse, unless they commit major recruiting violations…which they’re not recruiting at all so we don’t have to be concerned with that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

Are we fighting him for cause and need more time or are we not?

Very interesting point. Could be. But after they clusterflubbed it last February, not even Harsin is dumb enough to do anything but go home straight after work.

Even Kiffin could stay away from the college bars the next 2 months if it meant another 15M in the bank. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

I do not believe there is a right way or time for a university to fire their head football coach.  Midseason firings are less common, but I suspect Harsin already knows that it is a matter of when, not if.

It's all about "execution".   WDE

4 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

If there is a plan, sharing that plan in the general public is logically not part of the plan.

• Haha 1

My guess is that we won’t have to wait long after the Iron Bowl to find out who our next HC will be, no matter when he’s let go.
It could drag on if we don’t get our first or second choice.

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

So if we let him go now, the players have a 30 day window to leave. Firing him later allows us to possibly have a coach in place for the players to consider before deciding. JFYI...

Maybe he was fired 30 days ago…

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

If there is a plan, sharing that plan in the general public is logically not part of the plan.

Im not asking for the plan, exactly. Im asking for someone to simply say that there is one and that there is a timeline. And that they're sticking to it.

Instead I hear, well it may happen after UGA, oh now maybe Ole miss or the bye week. Actually it might not happen till the end of the year. But it really might not happen till after we hire an AD. It sounds like either no one knows anything or worse, the admin/PTB is making it up week to week based on how they feel.

Edited by KansasTiger

37 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Im not asking for the plan, exactly. Im asking for someone to simply say that there is one and that there is a timeline. And that they're sticking to it.

Instead I hear, well it may happen after UGA, oh now maybe Ole miss or the bye week. Actually it might not happen till the end of the year. But it really might not happen till after we hire an AD. It sounds like either no one knows anything or worse, the admin/PTB is making it up week to week based on how they feel.

If they handled it the way you propose, it would be first time ever.

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

If they handled it the way you propose, it would be first time ever.

Was optimitically hoping a new regime might bring actual organizational change. Guess I'm naive haha

7 hours ago, Strychnine said:

and will quietly go on to whatever his next gig

I would be shocked if the Harsins go quietly into the night.

• Like 1