Robby Go Play Baseball

maryland tiger

41 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Robbys skill set doesn't match what Harsin wants to do. Not a knock on Robby. It's just a fact. Why Harsin recruited him to AU is beyond me. I guess he couldn't get no one else to come. And it's too late to try to implement zone read ( Robbys strength). 

Hit the nail on the head!

16 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Wth has Will Friend been doing besides collecting a check 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, bishoptf said:

Eh I hope Nix does well but I usually do not watch PAC10 games, Nix no longer plays for AU so at least for me I have moved on...

Then why did you even bother to post something inaccurate? Just delete your first post if you meant what you typed here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Then why did you even bother to post something inaccurate? Just delete your first post if you meant what you typed here. 

It does show that out OL was a bit less talented than many of our opponents last season. If you need a Cam Newton to win all of your games, you probably won’t win a lot. 
And there was a DJ Williams sighting for Arizona. I had forgotten about him after he transferred to fsu. 

4 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I don’t know if Robbie will ever be successful, but I did watch this clip of Oregon and noticed that Bo Nix looks like a completely different QB behind a line that gives him time to throw. 

Of course he looks better playing a Pac 10 schedule.  This was obviously coming.  Sure, a good OL would make for better QB play but Bo lacked consistency and an accurately thrown deep ball.  As to Robby, baseball or a lower division school playing QB would definitely be good moves for him.

Edited by dyehardfanAU

4 hours ago, woodford said:

Robby is not a P5 QB whatsoever yet but to be fair he is playing behind one of the worst offensive lines on planet Earth. 

Yeah, he should be playing baseball.  He's a good athlete, but not an SEC QB.  And Holden should be given a chance at QB.  We have nothing to lose.  Nothing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I don’t know if Robbie will ever be successful, but I did watch this clip of Oregon and noticed that Bo Nix looks like a completely different QB behind a line that gives him time to throw. 

What people don’t realize, (at least, I didn’t realize) Bo actually put up some decent numbers at Auburn, especially when you consider the O-line he was throwing behind. Meanwhile, you are correct, he is tearing it up in the Pac 12.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

What people don’t realize, (at least, I didn’t realize) Bo actually put up some decent numbers at Auburn, especially when you consider the O-line he was throwing behind. Meanwhile, you are correct, he is tearing it up in the Pac 12.

Hard to fault him for leaving…he’s going to play his way into a decent draft pick.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

i agree, i entirely did not realize he put up the kind of numbers he did.. Had he not got hurt he would have been top 3 all time passing which is shocking to me (if i recall correctly).. 

9 hours ago, bishoptf said:

Just watched a little, still see that he has issues with the long ball going to wide open receivers, lol.

You didn't watch enough if that's what you think. 20 for 25, 265 yards and zero interceptions. Add in 141 rushing yards on eight carries and three TD's. This isn't the first game he's had such outstanding numbers. If the balloting were right now, Bo Nix would be the all Pac-12 1st team QB and it wouldn't be close.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

i agree, i entirely did not realize he put up the kind of numbers he did.. Had he not got hurt he would have been top 3 all time passing which is shocking to me (if i recall correctly).. 

Bo Nix is Auburn's all-time total offense leader. He passed Stan White's record in three years, a record that it took White four years to set. Nix also holds the Auburn record for most consecutive passes without an interception. When he set that record, he broke his own record which he'd set previously. The guy is better than many AU fans want to admit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, woodford said:

Robby is not a P5 QB whatsoever yet but to be fair he is playing behind one of the worst offensive lines on planet Earth. 

One of the worst? In my opinion there is no doubt Auburn's OL is #1 when it comes to being the worst OL in college football this season. :soapbox:

7 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Robbys skill set doesn't match what Harsin wants to do. Not a knock on Robby. It's just a fact. Why Harsin recruited him to AU is beyond me. I guess he couldn't get no one else to come. And it's too late to try to implement zone read ( Robbys strength). 

Is it really too late to implement it the zone read.How can Bama do it for Milroe and Auburn can’t for Robby and they have had more time to do it. Is it they can’t or won’t.

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Too late? Or is Harsin just too stubborn to run a spread offense?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Bo Nix is Auburn's all-time total offense leader. He passed Stan White's record in three years, a record that it took White four years to set. Nix also holds the Auburn record for most consecutive passes without an interception. When he set that record, he broke his own record which he'd set previously. The guy is better than many AU fans want to admit.

I’ve never understood that hate on Nix. He gave his all every game for AU. There were games where he just wasn’t “on,” but it wasn’t because he didn’t care or wasn’t trying. 
Personally, I think he left because he saw what we’re seeing now. He had no chance at succeeding with this staff and this line, and finally felt like he had to do what was in his best interest. 
Still don’t know if I think he’s going to be draftable when the time comes, but he certainly wouldn’t have been if he’d stayed here.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, e808 said:

Is it really too late to implement it the zone read.How can Bama do it for Milroe and Auburn can’t for Robby and they have had more time to do it. Is it they can’t or won’t.

The plays AU run with Robby back when TJ was playing wasn't zone read. Robby was keeping all the way. Bama has Saban. We got Harsin

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Too late? Or is Harsin just too stubborn to run a spread offense?

Good coaches coach to their players strengths. If you need one specific type of QB to be successful then maybe you not that good of a coach. What if Harsin had Cam what would he do? Make him run I formation the whole time? 

• Like 1