Auburn/Tennessee Metrics in Year 2 Under New HC

woodford

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Cam was better when he left AU than he was when he got here. Marshall was better when he left AU than he was when he got here. Stidham was better in his first year than he had been before. He could have been better still his second year had he not played the entire season with priority #1 being to avoid injury so his draft chances wouldn't be hurt. Nix got better in year 2.

There was no decade long history of terrible QB development.

Stidham was also dealing with poor OL development…a theme throughout Gus’ tenure.  He was the original “hike it and run for your life” that Nix and Ashford have perfected.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

You're wrong and look foolish 

I don't have any faith in shrinks, but you and some others who are afflicted with GDD (Gus Dissociative Syndrome) might want to look into that area, or maybe just go fishing for a week and get your heads squared away.

Moseley 

Frasier 

Woody 

White 

Johnson 

Queen

JF3 

Willis 

Gatewood

Garrett 

Stidham

Nix 

Yeah, WE have the problem...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Cam was better when he left AU than he was when he got here. Marshall was better when he left AU than he was when he got here. Stidham was better in his first year than he had been before. He could have been better still his second year had he not played the entire season with priority #1 being to avoid injury so his draft chances wouldn't be hurt. Nix got better in year 2.

There was no decade long history of terrible QB development.

Good grief man, this is some "we have always been at war with Eastasia" level revisionist history. Here are the facts:

1. His freshman year at Baylor, Jarrett Stidham's completion percentage, yards per attempt, and passer rating were all significantly better than either of his two seasons at Auburn. He also threw only six fewer TDs despite only starting two full games and mostly appearing in mop-up duty.

2. Bo Nix threw for fewer yards, fewer TDs, more interceptions, and his passer rating went DOWN in year 2.

3. In 11 seasons as Auburn's HC/OC, Gus Malzahn-coached QBs finished in the bottom half of the SEC in passing yards 6 times, TD passes 7 times, and passer rating 5 times. Only twice did any of his QBs finish in the top 3 in any of those categories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Stidham was also dealing with poor OL development…a theme throughout Gus’ tenure.  He was the original “hike it and run for your life” that Nix and Ashford have perfected.

That was actually Jeremy Johnson/Sean white

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The Freak said:

Acronym fail.

Gus Dissociative Disorder.

Here, I hope you find this term for your problem more to your liking.

11 hours ago, AUAlumnTN said:

In 11 seasons as Auburn's HC/OC, Gus Malzahn-coached QBs finished in the bottom half of the SEC in passing yards 6 times, TD passes 7 times, and passer rating 5 times. Only twice did any of his QBs finish in the top 3 in any of those categories.

The offense Gus coached wasn't conducive to putting passers into the top level of QB stats. It was very run oriented.

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

Moseley 

Frasier 

Woody 

White 

Johnson 

Queen

JF3 

Willis 

Gatewood

Garrett 

Stidham

Nix 

Stidham, Willis and Nix are doing quite well after leaving Auburn but Stidham and Nix did well at Auburn as well. Willis has told us exactly why he failed at Auburn. 

The rest of your list wasn't expected to do much and they didn't, either at AU or any other place. I suppose some had high hopes for Frazier but anybody who looked at the level of high school ball he played had serious reservations.

So basically, your list of afterthoughts turned out to be afterthoughts, except for White who turned himself into an afterthought.

Edited by Mikey
  • Dislike 1

You defending the two worst positions under Gus is priceless.  I thought your depth argument was dumb, but trying to defend his QB talent evaluation and development is down right stupid.  

You're troll game is on point with your takes 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, bigbird said:

Moseley 

Frasier 

Woody 

White 

Johnson 

Queen

JF3 

Willis 

Gatewood

Garrett 

Stidham

Nix 

If Gus had seriously invested in QB development and brought in OC's to help evolve the offense, those 4 could have done incredible things. Maybe JF3 too now that I think about it.

I know some overlap, but you get my point.

Edited by woodford
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

You defending the two worst positions under Gus is priceless.

Like a bumper sticker I saw on an old car: "I might be slow but I'm ahead of you". Gus was far from perfect but he's way ahead of your man Harsin.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Like a bumper sticker I saw on an old car: "I might be slow but I'm ahead of you". Gus was far from perfect but he's way ahead of your man Harsin.

Your Troll game is equal to Bill Taylor's OL game

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Your Troll game is equal to Bill Taylor's OL game

Taylor is very snappy! Thanks for the compliment.