Tuberville: ‘Pro-crime’ Democrats want ‘reparations’ for ‘people who do the crime’

Auburn85

https://www.al.com/news/2022/10/tuberville-pro-crime-democrats-want-reparations-for-people-who-do-the-crime.html

U.S. Sen. Tommy Tuberville on Saturday said Democrats are in favor of “reparations” because they are “pro-crime.”

Tuberville, R-Ala., made the comments while at a rally held by former President Donald Trump in Nevada.

“They want reparations because they think the people who do the crime are owed that,” Tuberville said as the crowd cheered behind him. “bull****!” he added.

Tuberville’s office did not immediately reply to a request for comment.

Tuberville joined Trump and other Republicans speaking at a rally near Lake Tahoe in Nevada in support of Adam Laxalt, a Republican candidate for U.S. Senate and Joe Lombardo, a candidate in the state’s governor’s race.

“We’re going to take our country back and we’re going to straighten up education and we’re going to close the border,” Tuberville said. “We’re going to get inflation under control, and we’re going to stop this damn crime. You have to select and get Adam Laxalt elected senator of the state of Alabam-of Nevada.”

During the rally, Tuberville also said the U.S. cannot afford food stamps and “people need to go back to work.”

Reparations typically refer to “financial recompense for African-Americans whose ancestors were slaves and lived through the Jim Crow era,” according to the NAACP. The association has called for a national apology, as well as financial payments, social service benefits and land grants to every descendant of enslaved African Americans.

“[Democrats are] not soft on crime. They’re pro-crime. They want crime. They want crime because they want to take over what you got. They want to control what you have. They want reparations because they think the people that do the crime are owed that. bull****!” the senator and former Auburn football coach said as the crowd cheered. “They are not owed that!”

What a disgusting human being.  Alabama should be proud.

Now, tell me there is no racism in the Republican Party.  Tell me there is no institutional racism.  Who is heinous enough to defend this racist.  We know who is heinous enough to vote for it.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

To the board. I supported CTT as coach. I never supported him for one second as a pol. 

He makes me physically ill as a pol. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

“[Democrats are] not soft on crime. They’re pro-crime. They want crime. They want crime because they want to take over what you got. They want to control what you have. They want reparations because they think the people that do the crime are owed that. bull****!” the senator and former Auburn football coach said as the crowd cheered. “They are not owed that!”

What a disgusting human being.  Alabama should be proud.

Now, tell me there is no racism in the Republican Party.  Tell me there is no institutional racism.  Who is heinous enough to defend this racist.  We know who is heinous enough to vote for it.

He's so racist he partnered with democrat Raphael Warnock to sponsor a bill to help peanut farmers in Georgia and Alabama. Not my words but Warnock's.

• Facepalm 1

16 hours ago, creed said:

He's so racist he partnered with democrat Raphael Warnock to sponsor a bill to help peanut farmers in Georgia and Alabama. Not my words but Warnock's.

I'll have to admit, when I saw/heard this, the first thing that came to my mind is he really so stupid as to not realize he what he just said?  (My wife said no wonder he was a s***ty coach.)

But this was deliberate and calculated.

Anyone who would use racism for such political reasons is a racist who's merely willing to cut deals with blacks - or to otherwise tolerate them in their service (George Wallace).  That's as old as racism itself. 

You are in denial.

Edited by homersapien

39 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

At a “rally”. Always great at telling folks what they want to hear. Extremely disappointed in Tommy. 

When people tell you who they are, believe them.

• Like 1

We've got a long ways to go before you guys wake up.  Tommy is playing his part in this "team sport" well and you guys are lapping it up. Rep = Dem.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, creed said:

I cannot believe you are defending him.

i believe in my heart certain pols in alabama and on the national level are using racists to help their numbers. i read a while back one of trumps ex white house guys says he did not like the racists but he needed their votes.

2 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Sorry, he represents Alabamians pretty well.  He certainly speaks for the vast majority of them.

does he? go google all the stuff alabama is last in in the country.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

does he? go google all the stuff alabama is last in in the country.

Maybe if y'all decided to put the Antebellum BS into the garbage and join the 21st century, it might not be an issue any longer

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1716AU said:

Sorry, he represents Alabamians pretty well.  He certainly speaks for the vast majority of them.

"White" Alabamians possibly, but I doubt it's a "vast majority" of even them. 

So, I take it you approve his statement?

2 hours ago, 1716AU said:

Maybe if y'all decided to put the Antebellum BS into the garbage and join the 21st century, it might not be an issue any longer

So you approve "Antebellum BS", the most prominent being slavery?

Figures.

21 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"White" Alabamians possibly, but I doubt it's a "vast majority" of even them. 

So, I take it you approve his statement?

Disagree.  I believe most white Alabamians are racists.  Remember, some racists are not the hateful kind.

And, I think you are misunderstanding what 1716 is saying.  I think 1716 misunderstood what Fitty was saying.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I cannot believe you are defending him.

I'm not defending him. He doesn't represent me. I just made a statement that Raphael Warnock worked with him and probably knows him better than any of us. I believe Tuberville is talking out of his rearend and is way out of his element.

3 minutes ago, creed said:

I'm not defending him. He doesn't represent me. I just made a statement that Raphael Warnock worked with him and probably knows him better than any of us. I believe Tuberville is talking out of his rearend and is way out of his element.

Well, forgive me if I misunderstood but,,, the old "I have a black friend" doesn't mean anything.  I still don't understand your point.

8 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Well, forgive me if I misunderstood but,,, the old "I have a black friend" doesn't mean anything.  I still don't understand your point.

The way I take the Warnock politcal add, it's the other way. Tuberville has not mentioned the bi-partisan agreement, but he is not up for re-election. Many politicians say things to pander to their electorate, but may personally believe something different. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 4:03 PM, DKW 86 said:

To the board. I supported CTT as coach. I never supported him for one second as a pol. 

He makes me physically ill as a pol. 

18 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Disagree.  I believe most white Alabamians are racists.  Remember, some racists are not the hateful kind.

And, I think you are misunderstanding what 1716 is saying.  I think 1716 misunderstood what Fitty was saying.

Quite possible.  It was ambiguous to me.

Edited by homersapien

16 hours ago, creed said:

The way I take the Warnock politcal add, it's the other way. Tuberville has not mentioned the bi-partisan agreement, but he is not up for re-election. Many politicians say things to pander to their electorate, but may personally believe something different. 

I don't believe Tuberville's really racist...he just says racists things because that's what his Republican constituents want to hear. 

A ringing endorsement if there ever was one. 

• Haha 2