Harsin Post Game Presser

ScotsAU

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

literally anything other than what we are doing currently. Lots of eye candy, motions, sweeps, spread the defense out and anything to get the ball out quickly and creatively. We seem to line up tightend heavy and hand the ball off to tank and thats about it.

You mean exactly what Gus used to do? Eye candy, then hand off up the middle?

• Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, jluvah said:

You mean exactly what Gus used to do? Eye candy, then hand off up the middle?

Yes to the first no to the second point

We have to have some dynamism and simply cannot line up and get any kind of postive gain. This would be a good time to utilize jav johnson in a similar fashion to how we utilized ryan davis at wr

• Like 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Okay.  There was no way we could compete.  Still, look at Georgia's last two games.  Those teams weren't bigger and faster than we are and, they were competitive.

1000% EXACTLY!

2 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Don’t disagree that we have to have better talent acquisition but the first class wasn’t really his and this class was doomed from said witch hunt and the media and fan base which has not let up ever since. Not really easy recruiting with that constant outside noise. Again he’ll have to go but the dude never got a fair shake ( and I wasn’t a fan of Harsin out of the gate but I get the full picture of the mess and s*** cards he was dealt)

His second class where he didn’t have a single signee on NSD?  Then the firestorm happened a week after that when someone in the AD leaked the investigation? 

The man has this program headed in the wrong direction both on and off the field.  Time to cut bait and start over.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Nah. Skill players are nothing without an oline. I think we are seeing that. You can have 6 5 star RBs but they won’t be effective at all without blocking. Harsin can’t block for them.

But he could've recruited athletes who could block for them. He didn't. It IS Harsin's fault for not filling that need   He's had plenty of time and opportunity to fix the problem.

Harsin's just all talk and no action. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, keesler said:

His second class where he didn’t have a single signee on NSD?  Then the firestorm happened a week after that when someone in the AD leaked the investigation? 

The man has this program headed in the wrong direction both on and off the field.  Time to cut bait and start over.

He like the previous two coaches aren't built for this level of football, but he is definitely the worse out of the three by far.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

NIL. Pay players $$

Yes, the four-stars we have verbally committed now, turned down money from other schools to play for Auburn for free. 😂

Edited by AU-24

10 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Your correct they wouldn’t work in either system (They we’re recruited for Gus’s system by Gus)…. Not sure of your argument? Either way I’m not pro Harsin but also not pro fire people prematurely and cause worse damage but at this point it don’t matter.

You have to be a troll! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Okay.  There was no way we could compete.  Still, look at Georgia's last two games.  Those teams weren't bigger and faster than we are and, they were competitive.

Missouri was as big and faster than us in almost every position. Or at least that what it looked like live as I was watching in the stadium. And when it comes to size, if you're slow, and unathletic speed will win just about every time. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Isn't the objective of a scheme,,, to fool them, get them out of position? 

Maybe we don't need games.  We could just run 40 and 100 yard dashes and, have a bench press competition.

Sure, that is the objective and we've tried. But again, you need speed and quickness, which we lack in a bad way, especially on the OL. And after watching the Georgia game we also lack elite speed in the defensive backfield. A qb should never be able to run a 64 TD.

Edited by creed

18 minutes ago, creed said:

Missouri was as big and faster than us in almost every position. Or at least that what it looked like live as I was watching in the stadium. And when it comes to size, if you're slow, and unathletic speed will win just about every time. 

Agreed about Mizzou. Same for MSU and Ole Miss. Our LBs and safeties are slow and undersized. Coaching sucks right now, but our talent level is nowhere near where some fans think it is relative to the rest of the SEC. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Agreed about Mizzou. Same for MSU and Ole Miss. Our LBs and safeties are slow and undersized. Coaching sucks right now, but our talent level is nowhere near where some fans think it is relative to the rest of the SEC. 

I think the disagreements between me and some of the posters is I watch the game from a different perspective. Most people watch schemes and plays, and I get that. But, I watch the game from a player perspective and gauge the player from an abilities (skillset) standpoint, which include size, quickness, speed and strength. The priority for each of these varies by position. As an example I watch a linemans feet to see if he has quick and coordinated steps and postioning. Then I gauge the overall team's speed, which I think is the most important aspect. Currently IMO AU is below average in overall team speed. Coaching can help some with scheme, but with our current physical condition and skillset we'll only have limited success, hence second half failures after the opponent makes adjustments.

• Like 1

So we are where we are.. Everyone knows Harsin is gone. The Pres has a chance to rip the band off... Will he? How he handles this will show how serious we are about Fball and will go a long way toward determining how long it takes to recover from this mess. At best Harsin should be fired today. At worst, make the announcement today and let him finish the year. Every day that goes by with no action, is another day of lost hope for the program. 

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, the four-stars we have verbally committed now, turned down money from other schools to play for Auburn for free. 😂

If true I love that but what’s the plan for the other 20 spots we need to fill.