Harsin Post Game Presser

ScotsAU

18 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

We’ll never know if Harsin was a good coach because he never had any talent to work with

Thats really not fair. Tank and Hunter are phenomenal talents. Nix is talented, ashford is talented, jav johnson is talented.. Defense is fairly good. You can tell when a coach is good even with teams that arent loaded in fact it is more difficult to gauge a coaches success w say bama level talent where you can call hb draws over and over and get 10 yards each time

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I’m all for letting the coach go, but you act like there is no fault with the players.   On top of being wrong, it’s just not looking at something with an objective view.   

I stand corrected.  It was a brilliant game plan.  Thank you.

5 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I’m all for letting the coach go, but you act like there is no fault with the players.   On top of being wrong, it’s just not looking at something with an objective view.   

Players are to blame for lack of concentration and playing disciplined football.  I’m more prone to lay the lions share of the blame on the guys pulling in millions in salary who’s job is to focus 100% on football, not a bunch of kids juggling football and an academic load. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Thats really not fair. Tank and Hunter are phenomenal talents. Nix is talented, ashford is talented, jav johnson is talented.. Defense is fairly good. You can tell when a coach is good even with teams that arent loaded in fact it is more difficult to gauge a coaches success w say bama level talent where you can call hb draws over and over and get 10 yards each time

Nah. Skill players are nothing without an oline. I think we are seeing that. You can have 6 5 star RBs but they won’t be effective at all without blocking. Harsin can’t block for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Nah. Skill players are nothing without an oline. I think we are seeing that. You can have 6 5 star RBs but they won’t be effective at all without blocking. Harsin can’t block for them.

Agreed and that’s why Bigsby and Hunter only shine in spurts.  The oline will be worse next year. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

We’ll never know if Harsin was a good coach because he never had any talent to work with

Oh horse manure.  The man has run off more talent that he currently possesses.  

• Like 5

Just now, AUFlyer99 said:

Oh horse manure.  The man has run off more talent that he currently possesses.  

Rather typical with a regime and system change. If you didn’t want that, you shouldn’t have hired him to start.

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Well that certainly makes things more difficult but you have to scheme for that in some creative fashion and we have not by and large outside of some low level trickery w the lsu game 

10 minutes ago, keesler said:

I can remember the last time an Auburn offense had an offensive identity.  It’s literally been years since they’ve had a successful, productive identity on offense.  We’ve been lost in the wilderness even though we’ve been through 2 HC’s and at least half a dozen OC’s. 

giphy.gif

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

How does one fix that talent problem? 

Just now, keesler said:

Players are to blame for lack of concentration and playing disciplined football.  I’m more prone to lay the lions share of the blame on the guys pulling in millions in salary who’s job is to focus 100% on football, not a bunch of kids juggling football and an academic load. 

I’m not a fan of Harsin.    What I am, at least try to be, is objective when I watch a game.   I also understand that when teams lose the blame will go directly onto the coaching staff, that doesn’t mean that the team played good or didn’t have some responsibility for the game.    Last time I checked, players are getting paid to play now, so yea, they deserve some criticism too.   It comes with wanting to get money for playing in my opinion.   

NIL. Pay players $$

And he said he’s against it, right? He’s just not bringing in talent, and that’s catching up with him. 

7 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Rather typical with a regime and system change. If you didn’t want that, you shouldn’t have hired him to start.

You’re right about there being turnover.   Who the turnover was is the problem.  

24 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Sorry coach but, if the players cannot execute them, they are not the "right plays".

Not the right players for his system. It’s Gus system players trying to run a pro system. He has to run a Gus system for the players to be effective.

9 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

No, but he can bring in some linemen who can do that task. And hes failed miserably at doing so.

3 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

And he said he’s against it, right? He’s just not bringing in talent, and that’s catching up with him. 

I don’t know if he is our isn’t I’d imagine he’d be for it so had better players

Not the right players for his system. It’s Gus system players trying to run a pro system. He has to run a Gus system for the players to be effective.

Sure, he has had no opportunity to fix that.  Nothing he could do.  No recruiting, no transfer portal. 

And those coaches that were forced upon him.

He deserves more time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Sure, he has had no opportunity to fix that.  Nothing he could do.  No recruiting, no transfer portal. 

He deserves more time.

We’ll probably. Need to give a coach 3-5 . But we have caused irreparable damage and will be forced to move on.

10 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Please list the players who are simply not equipped to play in any system other than the Malzahn system.

6 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

He deserves more time.

Kes, I believe you’ve had enough wine

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Please list the players who are simply not equipped to play in any system other than the Malzahn system.

Look at the oline

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Well that certainly makes things more difficult but you have to scheme for that in some creative fashion and we have not by and large outside of some low level trickery w the lsu game 

Scheme around a bad OL? Well I've got to here about this...how?

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Look at the oline

Yeah, they were fine in the Malzahn system.  No one could have predicted they wouldn't be good in the Harsin system.  It takes years to rebuild the OL.

You've convinced me.  Give the man an extension.