Biden actually pardoning those in prison for nonviolent drug crimes.

DKW 86

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, I guess you can’t figure it out, so I’ll give you my take.  Knowing the Republicans have shot it down in the past, Biden is making the Republicans publicly state their position so voters can determine who they want to vote for in November.

Why do you categorize someone disagreeing with you as “not figuring it out”, I knew what you were implying, I didn’t need the explanation.

I just disagree that you can point and say it’s only about mid term optics when the Dems have been pushing this for years. 

I’d agree with you if Dems had never supported it or tried to legalize in the past and then right before midterms they turn course and support this, then yes of course it’s because of optics. However, this has been an ongoing battle for democrats since 2012 when Colorado legalized. 

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Maybe you should wait until the question is answered until you make a fool of yourself.

oh gosh that one hurt me bad. i am getting like some of you with blackened hearts in the fact i do not care what you think. all we get on here is lies and slander fro you guys. not much truth in anything. deflection and what abouts and everything else relative to you guys. it is stupid. i tell you the church is declining to give christians a heads up and i am a christian hater. you people are a mess i can sure tell you.

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

Why do you categorize someone disagreeing with you as “not figuring it out”, I knew what you were implying, I didn’t need the explanation.

I just disagree that you can point and say it’s only about mid term optics when the Dems have been pushing this for years. 

I’d agree with you if Dems had never supported it or tried to legalize in the past and then right before midterms they turn course and support this, then yes of course it’s because of optics. However, this has been an ongoing battle for democrats since 2012 when Colorado legalized. 

This is your OP:

Strange if it was timing this would be the first time Dems have tried to do this. Except it isn’t. Dems have been trying to pass this for years and years. Even this year they tried to pass a bill but the senate shot it down.

Which implies you didn’t know what I was saying, just the opposite.  Joe knows, because the Republicans have not supported this policy, they will not support it now right before the November election.

We obviously look at this differently and that’s fine.

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

oh gosh that one hurt me bad. i am getting like some of you with blackened hearts in the fact i do not care what you think. all we get on here is lies and slander fro you guys. not much truth in anything. deflection and what abouts and everything else relative to you guys. it is stupid. i tell you the church is declining to give christians a heads up and i am a christian hater. you people are a mess i can sure tell you.

The point being you are always jumping to set the narrative (I am wrong and should admit it even before you see my response).  It really isn’t a good look.

• Haha 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

The point being you are always jumping to set the narrative (I am wrong and should admit it even before you see my response).  It really isn’t a good look.

my point being i do not care that you do not care. you never discuss anything in good faith that i have ever seen. and there are several on here that believe that.

• Like 1

Just now, aubiefifty said:

my point being i do not care that you do not care. you never discuss anything in good faith that i have ever seen. and there are several on here that believe that.

I have different opinions and several on here don’t like that opinion.  I wonder if that has anything to do with it.  It’s amazing how that works.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

My God man, the reason he brought it up now is BECAUSE the Republicans didn’t support it in the past. Otherwise he could have waited until after November.

If Republicans didn't oppose so many wildly popular policies then there wouldn't be all this low hanging fruit legislation the Democrats could use to "buy" votes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have different opinions and several on here don’t like that opinion.  I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Nope.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

If Republicans didn't oppose so many wildly popular policies then there wouldn't be all this low hanging fruit legislation the Democrats could use to "buy" votes.

There in lies the rub, Republicans don’t believe they are wildly popular policies.

I'm all for legalization. We're ok with barrels and barrels of 180 proof hitting the shelves yet stuck in the "stone" ages when it comes to Mary Jane.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

I got it on good word that they do indeed smoke weed in Muskogee. Willy Nelson said so. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

There is a reason for the timing.  I’m sure you can figure that out.

A reason for it being 50 years late?  :dunno:

Edited by homersapien

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, I guess you can’t figure it out, so I’ll give you my take.  Knowing the Republicans have shot it down in the past, Biden is making the Republicans publicly state their position so voters can determine who they want to vote for in November.

Isn't that more or less the way our system is suppose to work?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

There in lies the rub, Republicans don’t believe they are wildly popular policies.

That's because Republicans are so insular.  It's one of the side effects of extreme conservatism.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

That's because Republicans are so insular.  It's one of the side effects of extreme conservatism.

i might take a break from here. no one admits to anything wrong on the right and it is frustrating. it is a waste of time.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i might take a break from here. no one admits to anything wrong on the right and it is frustrating. it is a waste of time.

I tend to think that the Russians! Russians! Russians!  And all they other threads on this forum are very much weighted toward being Anti-Conservatives. I dont think you are going to see much if any people on the Right criticizing their own. It just doesnt happen. 

I dont attribute evil to those I disagree with, I study to see if there is any reasonable common ground. 

On 10/7/2022 at 10:40 AM, aubiefifty said:

You really think you are giving Christians a heads up? Seriously? One could Imagine you are trying to drive Christians FROM the church by telling prospects and potential members how bad Christians are. You ARE a Christian hater. You bash Christians daily and yet WE are the ones with blackened hearts? Us people are a mess? 

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

You really think you are giving Christians a heads up? Seriously? One could Imagine you are trying to drive Christians FROM the church by telling prospects and potential members how bad Christians are. You ARE a Christian hater. You bash Christians daily and yet WE are the ones with blackened hearts? Us people are a mess? 

Is Christianity holy?  Has Christianity ever made a mistake?  Has Christianity ever strayed from the love of Jesus?

There is no authority other than Jesus and His perfect love.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Is Christianity holy?  Has Christianity ever made a mistake?  Has Christianity ever strayed from the love of Jesus?

There is no authority other than Jesus and His perfect love.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

9 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

FACT. church enrollment is in decline. why is that? you always have the all the answers/ if someone is a christian and hurts their religion by their mouth and their actions i will call it out. you can blow all the hot air you want but you are very very wrong. i bash what the christians do and not just christians. i have many friends who are christian and while not perfect they do nothing to harm something sacred like you guys do. and here is another thing. you guys claim to be the christian side of politics right? and yet you guys vote in scum year after year.this is fact. trump. trying like hell to get walker. your side wants to do ANYTHING with gays from brain washing them to killing them. if you claim to be christian and bring the hate i will call you on it. if you push anything other than love i will call you on it. most of you hate dems and are now teaching in church dems are evil. so go try that crap on someone else. i am tired of repeating myself as well as having to explain where i come from instead of you distorting what i believe.

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

I am sorry.  I was not asking about my post.  I was asking about your response.

You changed the question from Christianity to Church. I answered for Christianity. You inserted Church. I am typing slowly so you can understand.

7 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

You changed the question from Christianity to Church. I answered for Christianity. You inserted Church. I am typing slowly so you can understand.

I apologize again.  Let's start over.

Is the Church holy?

Is Christianity holy?