I believe Dell McGee is the answer

Auburn93

Dell McGee walks into a high school auditorium  versus Deion Sanders walks into a high school auditorium. Who do you think the youth is going to recognize and/or resonate with first? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

Dell McGee walks into a high school auditorium  versus Deion Sanders walks into a high school auditorium. Who do you think the youth is going to recognize and/or resonate with first? 

UGA fans don't even want Dell anymore b/c their RB recruiting has gone downhill.  Yet "he's the answer" for Auburn (because he played here).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

Deon played 30 years ago.  To your average high school kid, he is one of those guys who played with leather helmets.  If they know him at all, it's from his commercials.  He still has charisma, but kids today are savvy.  He is still going to have to explain to them how he is going to put them in the NFL, and how much NIL money they will get.  I'm really not knocking Sanders. I just don't think showing up and saying I'm Deon Sanders will have the impact on high school kids that you think it will.  I like McGee a lot,  but we are taking a chance no matter who we hire. I'm glad I'm not making this decision.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Deon played 30 years ago.  To your average high school kid, he is one of those guys who played with leather helmets.  If they know him at all, it's from his commercials.  He still has charisma, but kids today are savvy.  He is still going to have to explain to them how he is going to put them in the NFL, and how much NIL money they will get.  I'm really not knocking Sanders. I just don't think showing up and saying I'm Deon Sanders will have the impact on high school kids that you think it will.  I like McGee a lot,  but we are taking a chance no matter who we hire. I'm glad I'm not making this decision.

You are very much out of touch if you don’t think African American young adults don’t know Deion. That is like saying these kids wouldn’t know Scottie Pippen if he walked in. Very telling. My gosh. In fact Deion is on very much a lot of different social media outlets including gilly and Waldo, deestroying.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What exactly is it "telling".  I know a bit about high school kids. I'm around them all the time.  I didn't say they don't know who he is. I said his name alone isn't going to sell them. They think anybody over 35 is an old guy. He's 55. He's ancient.  His name might get him the first conversation, but he is going to have to sell them on what Auburn can do for them, just like everyone else. Give the kids some credit; they aren't  going to just swoon over the name. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

What exactly is it "telling".  I know a bit about high school kids. I'm around them all the time.  I didn't say they don't know who he is. I said his name alone isn't going to sell them. They think anybody over 35 is an old guy. He's 55. He's ancient.  His name might get him the first conversation, but he is going to have to sell them on what Auburn can do for them, just like everyone else. Give the kids some credit; they aren't  going to just swoon over the name. 

Like I said you are generalizing as hell. The point I was making was if Deion Sanders walks into a room and Dell McGee does, I guarantee you more of the young athletes would be quick to go to him first. This idea that Dell McGee has some advantage over Deion because he knows high school coaches is laughable to me. Deion went into UGA last year and took their #1 prospect from Kirby. 

Like I said , you probably have no clue who Gilly or Deestroying is, yet saying these kids probably don’t know who Deion Sanders is. Cmon bruh. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

Like I said you are generalizing as hell. The point I was making was if Deion Sanders walks into a room and Dell McGee does, I guarantee you more of the young athletes would be quick to go to him first. This idea that Dell McGee has some advantage over Deion because he knows high school coaches is laughable to me. Deion went into UGA last year and took their #1 prospect from Kirby. 

Like I said , you probably have no clue who Gilly or Deestroying is, yet saying these kids probably don’t know who Deion Sanders is. Cmon bruh. 

Kinda sad u have to explain the simple point u were making LOL

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Kinda sad u have to explain the simple point u were making LOL

Deion got T.O. out here in Montgomery, shoulder to shoulder and these dudes talking about Dell Mcgee SMH. And I like Dell, but he is lightweight compared to Deion. 

Edited by DAG
  • Haha 3

Just now, DAG said:

Deion got T.O. out here in Montgomery, shoulder to shoulder and these dudes talking about Dell Mcgee SMH. And I like Dell, but he is lightweight compared to Deion. 

Lol there is really no comparison. We have to go hard after deion and i suspect he turns us down but we had better try

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Lol there is really no comparison. We have to go hard after deion and i suspect he turns us down but we had better try

Uh oh

... Ruhle is available 

21 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Matt Ruhle on the market

4 hours ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

I'm simply saying your post encapsulates what is/isn't a 'good fit'. People ask, 'what's a good fit at Auburn anyway?'. Auburn's culture/perceived reputation and scumbags are not a good fit. It certainly wasn't meant to offend you. 

I apologize for misinterpreting your comment then, that’s my mistake. Hard to tell over message boards when people are being snarky, haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Uh oh

... Ruhle is available 

Absolutely fuggin not. Does Not even comes close to the kind of proven recruiter we need. He’s a ball coach through and through. No ties to the sec. 

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Absolutely fuggin not. Does Not even comes close to the kind of proven recruiter we need. He’s a ball coach through and through. No ties to the sec. 

Ha ha.. Lock him down 10 yr, 10 million guaranteed per yr. 10 million buyout...

Edited by NWALA Tiger

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Sadly I agree. If he had just beaten OU once in 2019 (came agonizingly close both times)—OR if more teams in the Big 12-2 had finished ranked—I would say hell yes!

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ha ha.. Lock him down 10 yr, 10 million guaranteed per yr. 10 million buyout...

Problem is, he is making 6.5 m/year not working right now. I believe they fired him now hoping somebody else would help pay that.

Edited by Hank2020