Joe Biden setting records...

Tigermike

WASHINGTON (AP) — The nation's gross national debt has surpassed $31 trillion, according to a U.S. Treasury report released Tuesday that logs America's daily finances.

Edging closer to the statutory ceiling of roughly $31.4 trillion — an artificial cap Congress placed on the U.S. government’s ability to borrow — the debt numbers hit an already tenuous economy facing high inflation, rising interest rates and a strong U.S. dollar.

LINK

• Facepalm 1

We have been moving to the political right for the last 60 years.  We have killed organized labor.  We have lowered taxes on the wealthy.  We have the lowest tax rates for capital (passive income).  We have privatized government functions, we have bailed out every industry except for manufacturing, we have irrationally approached globalism with only the interests of capital in mind.

We are now,,, deeply in debt with a very narrow economy and, extreme income and wealth concentration. 

The obvious answer:  It's Joe Biden's fault?

Edited by icanthearyou

The president now brags that he cut the deficit!

“We’re on track,” he says, to have “the biggest decline in a single year ever in American history.”

It’s actually true. But utterly deceitful.

President Joe Biden’s deficit will be down from last year, but that’s only because he spent such gargantuan amounts then.

lnk

The U.S. national debt grew by $2.11 trillion during President Biden’s first year in office.

link

The budget proposal that President Joe Biden released today calls for the federal government to run a cumulative deficit of $14.53 trillion ($14,531,000,000,000) over the next ten years.

Under Biden’s proposal, the lowest the deficit would ever go in the next decade is in 2027, when it would hit $1,303,000,000,000.

link

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

We have been moving to the political right for the last 60 years.  We have killed organized labor.  We have lowered taxes on the wealthy.  We have the lowest tax rates for capital (passive income).  We have privatized government functions, we have bailed out every industry except for manufacturing, we have irrationally approached globalism with only the interests of capital in mind.

We are now,,, deeply in debt with a very narrow economy and, extreme income and wealth concentration. 

It's all of them. Biden, Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush......

• Like 2

8 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Neither me or the article said it was all because of Joe Biden.   But he has added to it big time.  And considering Biden's years in the senate and eight years as VP and now as president it's safe to say he's done more than most to cause the problem. 

5 minutes ago, Tigermike said:

Neither me or the article said it was all because of Joe Biden.   But he has added to it big time.  And considering Biden's years in the senate and eight years as VP and now as president it's safe to say he's done more than most to cause the problem. 

Are you lying or did you not write the title?

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Are you lying or did you not write the title?

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?  He is setting records by adding to both the debt and the deficit.

Please by all means show how Biden is fiscally conservative and a deficit hawk.

1 minute ago, Tigermike said:

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?  He is setting records by adding to both the debt and the deficit.

I see.  You are just disingenuous.

3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

It's all of them. Biden, Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush......

True.  The entire country moved to the political right. 

And,,, here we are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

True.  The entire country moved to the political right. 

And,,, here we are.

There’s some left in there 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tigermike said:

trump just saw one of the biggest increases in debt and the deficit that most presidents. in fact i posted that articl and it is on this board and not the other political board. and you know who mostly benefited? the rich. so i would not jump biden too hard after what your boy did. giving a huge chunk of that to people that do not need it. and many of them never pay taxes.....................

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

trump just saw one of the biggest increases in debt and the deficit that most presidents. in fact i posted that articl and it is on this board and not the other political board. and you know who mostly benefited? the rich. so i would not jump biden too hard after what your boy did. giving a huge chunk of that to people that do not need it. and many of them never pay taxes.....................

Covid says hi. That’s the main cause of Trumps spending. 

• Dislike 1

8 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Covid says hi. That’s the main cause of Trumps spending. 

so you are saying biden cannot claim the same?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

so you are saying biden cannot claim the same?

Yes. I believe the initial outlay for fighting the outbreak from the beginning was way more than the cost of maintaining the fight in later years. Don’t get me wrong though, in no way do I think Trump was fiscally conservative enough. He spent way more that I was hoping he would. Way too much for me. Biden claiming he reduced the deficit because he came in a couple of zeros below his previously outrageous budget is laughably transparent. But nobody is doing a good job with the budget. We need to get rid of the mandatory 8% increase, fly with the same budget for a couple of years, and chip away at the debt with small 1% cuts across the board. If we do that it won’t be painful and with vigorous economic growth we will hold the line and make some progress.

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Yes. I believe the initial outlay for fighting the outbreak from the beginning was way more than the cost of maintaining the fight in later years. Don’t get me wrong though, in no way do I think Trump was fiscally conservative enough. He spent way more that I was hoping he would. Way too much for me. Biden claiming he reduced the deficit because he came in a couple of zeros below his previously outrageous budget is laughably transparent. But nobody is doing a good job with the budget. We need to get rid of the mandatory 8% increase, fly with the same budget for a couple of years, and chip away at the debt with small 1% cuts across the board. If we do that it won’t be painful and with vigorous economic growth we will hold the line and make some progress.

I agree.  However, that growth must be broad.  In order to achieve that, we are going to have to reduce inequality.  In order to do that, we are going to have to tax the over class, the billionaires and near billionaires.

We cannot continue to under tax all but the upper middle class.  It is a growth killer. 

We need a broader economy.  That will give us a broader tax base.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

that is fine but do not throw seniors to the wolves. i imagine inflation hurts me way more than it does you. one reason i am diabetic 2 is because i had to eat a ton of garbage like baloney sammies to get by. i will admit my sweet tooth did not help. and you know you cats never gave bill any credit but he balanced the budget and we mostly all prospered under him. this is fact. my mom took fifteen grans and made a killing for the record.

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

I agree.  However, that growth must be broad.  In order to achieve that, we are going to have to reduce inequality.  In order to do that, we are going to have to tax the over class, the billionaires and near billionaires.

We cannot continue to under tax all but the upper middle class.  It is a growth killer. 

We need a broader economy.  That will give us a broader tax base.

the rich never pay their fair share and they tax folks who are struggling like hell to get from one pay check to the next. it makes me sick. just pay your damn taxes and be fair. we do not want this to be a commie nation we want it to be fair. repubs have never been fair...........

• Like 1

Honestly, I’d give Biden a pass if he wasn’t pushing a new Cold War, paying student loans off, hiring a million irs agents, overwhelming our border agents w/ his policies……….Aw hell, I guess I do blame Biden 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

that is fine but do not throw seniors to the wolves. i imagine inflation hurts me way more than it does you. one reason i am diabetic 2 is because i had to eat a ton of garbage like baloney sammies to get by. i will admit my sweet tooth did not help. and you know you cats never gave bill any credit but he balanced the budget and we mostly all prospered under him. this is fact. my mom took fifteen grans and made a killing for the record.

I am roughly the same age as you. Not throwing seniors to the wolves. I am a senior too. Bill was forced to balance the budget by Newt and a Republican congress. Glad he did it though. We should always have a balanced budget. If you and I have to live within our means, so should the government.

• Like 1