Athletic Director

AUgrad2013

16 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I think maybe at this point with AU, it’s almost expected. I can’t answer for original poster, but at this point with us it makes total sense even when it doesn’t. 

That wasn't the original point though he said it like the article said it was true. 😒

• Like 1

So you are saying its definitely Freeze?   Is that what I read?

oh-my-god-its-happening.gif                                        /s

Edited by EagleEye67

Any idiot could be our AD.  Just be able to speak in.complete sentences and shower. All they have to do is read our posts hourly and make all their decisions based on our polls. Dirt cheap and will be the best in sports. Pull the trigger and give the new “AD” an AUfamily login.

Next problem.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

This is consistent. After the media's Auburn-bashing media blather when Pearl was hired, the BOT apparently embarked on a worthy mission to change Auburn's unfair reputation (based on lazy media research) as a cheating institution. (The last time AU football ran afoul of the NCAA was 1992 - EXTRAORDINARY for a top tier program). BOT hired squeeky clean Harsin when nobody had HEARD of NIL so he unfortunately spent Fall of '21 rejecting NIL's counterintuitive "buying players is legal now" premise (exit his depth players and up & commer Mason). McGlyn apparently believes compliance & winning formulas are mutually exclusive and his, er, promotion is just a continuation of the BOT's uphill "Auburn reputation" crusade against the Thalmels, Fordes & ESPNs. 

According to JGT, McGlynn was directly responsible for a lot of the FUD that shaped Harsin's view on the utilization of NIL and has been a hold up in AU embracing a collective.  I believe he would be a horrible hire at the juncture we're at and would negatively impact our trajectory going forward.  He has never realized that in this day and age the Compliance departments sole responsibility is providing plausible deniability.

Edited by dyehardfanAU

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Hopefully this means McGlynn is gone after the new AD is hired but then I realize this is probably JABA.

Whitehead is not taking McGlynn’s old job is he? I thought it was an asst. to his old position.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Whitehead is not taking McGlynn’s old job is he? I thought it was an asst. to his old position.

You may be right on that, I will admit to just skimming it hastily.  I can still hope that he was just hired as his assistant to be in place to move up when McGlynn moves on though.  😀

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Hope so. Personally, I don’t want HF anywhere near AU. 

Agree 1000%. Freeze makes Urban look like a choir boy. Would immediately revoke my fandom for Auburn if we ever hired that scumbag…

30 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Agree 1000%. Freeze makes Urban look like a choir boy. Would immediately revoke my fandom for Auburn if we ever hired that 

Just curious why your saying that? 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Agree 1000%. Freeze makes Urban look like a choir boy. Would immediately revoke my fandom for Auburn if we ever hired that scumbag…

Have to agree. Neither has any character or morals. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I don't see anything in the article stating Rich is the permanent AD.  He is only the interim.  It just talks about Jeff Whitehead as Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance.

https://www.al.com/auburn/2022/10/auburn-hires-jeff-whitehead-as-senior-associate-athletic-director-for-compliance.html

Who was the senior athletics director for compliance before this guy?

4 hours ago, AUnMS said:

Yeah, I don't think ADJC would be a good fit.  He's all about love and forgiveness and that mushy stuff.  It's not a good look for a football game to have guys turning the other cheek.

I think Jesus could care less about football.  There are other things more important to him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

Can they win football games?  I'm not looking to hire a church youth group leader, I'm looking for someone that can build a championship level program.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

Backfill in some way for McGlynn. Secure commitment from objective AD. Have McGlynn fire Harsin(so new guy (or gal) can start fresh). Hire new perm AD. Hire new HC. And in 9 angst-free months magically be an SECW contender. Everybody happy. Just that simple. /sarc/just the last 3 sentences

1 hour ago, AUgrad2013 said:

Who was the senior athletics director for compliance before this guy?

McGlynn was listed as Executive Associate AD before his present role as Interim AD.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

Sadly, it appears neither learns nor, has any desire to learn any character or, morals.

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just curious why your saying that? 

All you have to do is research what he did at Ole Miss and what he did this past summer. DMing a sexual abuse victim and trying to intimidate her is beyond pathetic and perverted. He has no morals and has not learned anything since he left Ole Miss. He’s at the perfect place for him, a sham of a university who hides behind a religion to mask their true identity…

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Can they win football games?  I'm not looking to hire a church youth group leader, I'm looking for someone that can build a championship level program.

That’s such a lame and lazy response. I want Auburn to win championships as well. However, there comes a point where you have to draw a line about morality and ethics and Freeze is where I draw the line. He is a sick and scumbag of a human being who has no remorse for his actions. He literally DM’d a sexual abuse victim this past summer at Liberty University who was suing the university. I’m sorry, no way in hell could I ever be proud of Auburn and root for them if we ever hired that scumbag.  So you and others who want Freeze have a severe lack of judgment when it comes to character and have no standards, and that’s sad.

Also, speaking purely football, Freeze is literally Gus 2.0. Actually, Gus was 3-1 against Hugh but because Freeze beat UAT twice the Freeze fan club slobber all over him. You guys completely gloss over how he had so many inexplicable losses to overmatched teams and had 1 10 win season WHILE HE CHEATING! I mean come on, as much as people dog Gus, he was way more successful than Freeze, and I’m glad we got rid of Gus. So, in summary, he’s a lousy human being on top of being a very mediocre coach. So, yea, I have standards for both a human and a football coach, unlike many who blindly want him just because he beat UAT twice. You guys do realize there are more teams than UAT right? If that’s your criteria, might as well just rehire Gus, at least he’s a decent guy with a better resume…

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

I’ll add this as well: I would still not want him because of his continued lack of remorse and responsibility for his despicable actions, however, I would at least understand the obsession on the football side of Freeze had won a couple of SEC championships and played for a national title or at least was a contender. That would at least make some sense, but damn, he cheated the whole time and his best team still lost 3 games with all of that talent. Again, I could name 10 coaches off the top of  my head that are better than him. Ask yourself this too. Why  are no other schools going after him? Read other school’s boards and not one of them ever mention Freeze. It always perplexes me how many Auburn fans latch on these loser coaches and believe that we’re seeing something that no one else in college football sees when in reality everyone knows Freeze is mediocre and a trash person…

17 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Again, I could name 10 coaches off the top of  my head that are better than him.

Name those who we could realistically get. 

Let me hear the ten

You clearly don't go to other people boards.

Heck Virginia Tech was writing about Hugh Freeze just last year https://www.gobblercountry.com/2021/11/19/22790697/coaching-candidate-hugh-freeze-2021-acc-vt-virginia-tech-hokies-ncaa-coaching-search-liberty-flames

https://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/hugh-freeze-mega-thread-and-poll-merged.321493/page-168#post-19325730

You are just talking out of your ass now.

Edited by DAG
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

Name those who we could realistically get. 

Let me hear the ten

You clearly don't go to other people boards. Heck Virginia Tech was writing about Hugh Freeze just last year https://www.gobblercountry.com/2021/11/19/22790697/coaching-candidate-hugh-freeze-2021-acc-vt-virginia-tech-hokies-ncaa-coaching-search-liberty-flames

. You are just talking out of your ass now.

Let the Hokies have him, doesn’t change my opinion of him. And the ten we could get realistically: Deion, Kiffin, Aranda, Fickell, Campbell, Grimes, Demeco Ryans from the NFL, Kyle Wittingham, Mark Stoops and Lance Leipold. There’s ten. And before you say that some might be unreal, you throw enough money at anyone and you would be surprised who would come here…

Edited by Auburnguy101
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Let the Hokies have him, doesn’t change my opinion of him. And the ten we could get realistically: Deion, Kiffin, Aranda, Fickell, Campbell, Grimes, Demeco Ryans from the NFL, Kyle Wittingham, Mark Stoops and Lance Leipold. There’s ten. And before you say that some might be unreal, you throw enough money at anyone and you would be surprised who would come here…

OMFG.

Aranda is not coming here. Jeez

Deion Sanders? Based on what? How is he a better HC than Hugh Freeze? and I like Deion, btw

Luke Fickell is not coming here. Again another ridiculous name. Also made his chops in the midwest. No association to the south which is a major crying point for the current coach right now?

Jeff Grimes? What is Jeff Grimes Head coaching record?

Demeco Ryans? What is his coaching record? He has never even coached in the college football ranks.

Mark Stoops. Yes

Lance Leipold? Based on what? And I am a Wisconsin guy. 

You really think Kyle Wittingham is leaving Utah to come to Auburn?

You might as well add Lincoln Riley, Jim Harbaurgh and Ryan Day to the mix.

Again, you are just talking out of your ass. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

The OP might have been poorly worded, but it obviously was a prediction on AD, based on the first sentence. 

Some of ya'll should take a pause and think before you lose it. We are on the internet here.  

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

OMFG.

Aranda is not coming here. Jeez

Deion Sanders? Based on what? How is he a better HC than Hugh Freeze? and I like Deion, btw

Luke Fickell is not coming here. Again another ridiculous name. Also made his chops in the midwest. No association to the south which is a major crying point for the current coach right now?

Jeff Grimes? What is Jeff Grimes Head coaching record?

Demeco Ryans? What is his coaching record? He has never even coached in the college football ranks.

Mark Stoops. Yes

Lance Leipold? Based on what? And I am a Wisconsin guy. 

Again, you are just talking out of your ass. 

You literally asked me who I thought we could get. Throw money at those guys and they would come. Cristobal was coming here last search before we screwed that up. Brian Kelly was never thought to leave Notre Dame before LSU threw all that money his way. Again, it’s realistic if we decide to throw money. Also, all of those coaches have better resumes than Freeze. Also, none of them are scumbags like Freeze, so that automatically makes them much better. But you do you guy, support a POS mediocre coach…

Edited by Auburnguy101