Athletic Director

AUgrad2013

4 minutes ago, AUgrad2013 said:

Per Al.com auburn just hired a “senior athletics director for compliance”. Rich McGlynn will be the next AD. Worst possible outcome. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Edit: I did see the hire but that still doesn't mean Rich McGlynn will be the permanent AD, however.

Edited by DAG

Nothing on the insider forum re: this so I will press [X] for doubt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUgrad2013 said:

Per Al.com auburn just hired a “senior athletics director for compliance”. Rich McGlynn will be the next AD. Worst possible outcome. 

I don't see anything in the article stating Rich is the permanent AD.  He is only the interim.  It just talks about Jeff Whitehead as Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance.

https://www.al.com/auburn/2022/10/auburn-hires-jeff-whitehead-as-senior-associate-athletic-director-for-compliance.html

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, AUgrad2013 said:

I don’t know too much about McGlynn, but it seems he may not be the best person for the job, which means if he is made the new AD, isn’t that par for AU? Hard to expect much better from this University anymore. 

That would certainly indicate certain boosters are holding sway…and we can prepare for (ironically) a waste like Freeze to soon be brought in.

24 minutes ago, AUgrad2013 said:

Ive read this article 5 times trying to figure out where it states Rich was made permanent AD? Where did you see it say that?🤷

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aucom96 said:

That would certainly indicate certain boosters are holding sway…and we can prepare for (ironically) a waste like Freeze to soon be brought in.

You think Freeze would really come in if this dude is the freaking AD? That literally makes no sense. He is the anti-freeze. If anything it will be Grimes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sigh.
Nowhere in this does it say Rich is the permanent AD. 

again- it may happen, but also the new guy they hired today worked for the current Utah State AD back in the day. And he is #1 on the list for New AD. 

Step away from your jump to conclusions mat for a little while hahaha

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

If theres one thing i know it is that no matter whom the ad at auburn is, he will be met with immediate disapproval and distain. They could hire jesus christ himself and people would say it is terrible. Perhaps thats a bad analogy but still..

Yeah, I don't think ADJC would be a good fit.  He's all about love and forgiveness and that mushy stuff.  It's not a good look for a football game to have guys turning the other cheek.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

28 minutes ago, DAG said:

You think Freeze would really come in if this dude is the freaking AD? That literally makes no sense. He is the anti-freeze. If anything it will be Grimes. 

Anti- freeze... Good one , dude 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Ive read this article 5 times trying to figure out where it states Rich was made permanent AD? Where did you see it say that?🤷

Gotta read between the lines bro, you know the invisible ones

• Haha 1

From July 2011 until his arrival in Columbia, Whitehead worked as the Compliance Coordinator at Troy University in Troy, AL. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

From July 2011 until his arrival in Columbia, Whitehead worked as the Compliance Coordinator at Troy University in Troy, AL. 

Exactly!

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I think maybe at this point with AU, it’s almost expected. I can’t answer for original poster, but at this point with us it makes total sense even when it doesn’t. 

48 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hope so. Personally, I don’t want HF anywhere near AU. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Sigh.
Nowhere in this does it say Rich is the permanent AD. 

again- it may happen, but also the new guy they hired today worked for the current Utah State AD back in the day. And he is #1 on the list for New AD. 

Step away from your jump to conclusions mat for a little while hahaha

Seriously though, some of you people are a Buzzfeed/TMZ “writer’s” dream.

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 4

This is consistent. After the media's Auburn-bashing media blather when Pearl was hired, the BOT apparently embarked on a worthy mission to change Auburn's unfair reputation (based on lazy media research) as a cheating institution. (The last time AU football ran afoul of the NCAA was 1992 - EXTRAORDINARY for a top tier program). BOT hired squeeky clean Harsin when nobody had HEARD of NIL so he unfortunately spent Fall of '21 rejecting NIL's counterintuitive "buying players is legal now" premise (exit his depth players and up & commer Mason). McGlyn apparently believes compliance & winning formulas are mutually exclusive and his, er, promotion is just a continuation of the BOT's uphill "Auburn reputation" crusade against the Thalmels, Fordes & ESPNs. 

• Like 1