this is what breaks my heart about this year

aubiefifty

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Lots of good to those making moves, reaching out, and conversing. 

We've always asked to have things lined up before things break. There are a lot of moving parts and lots of ducks needing to be lined up. Those type of things, no matter the institution or industry, rarely see the light of day

And lots of ducks need to be lined to temporarily replace more than 3 staff members 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I think I’m with ya on that, but many are touting him.

He'd be my number 1 choice.  I'm not an AU fan because i worry about whether the coach is a "good man".  I want to win some damn games.

• Sad 1

If your heart was broken in September w/ this OL by getting crushed by now #10 State Pen and a giveaway to LSU, you are a college football newb.

On 10/5/2022 at 4:39 PM, weagl1 said:

Other teams (including Auburn) used to take a lot of the top Georgia HS talent out of state but Kirby has pretty much locked down now.  

Smart is recruiting like a fiend, but he’s not locking down Georgia. For this year’s Rivals Top 100 in the state, UGA only has one commitment (Hughely) from the Top 25. We have 2 with Hopkins and Love. Bama and Clemson are loading up there. I do agree that the lack of volume and quality we are getting from Alabama and Georgia is killing us. 

https://n.rivals.com/state_rankings/2023/georgia

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

If your heart was broken in September w/ this OL by getting crushed by now #10 State Pen and a giveaway to LSU, you are a college football newb.

not at 67 youngster. auburn means more than a football game to me. it is ok as i can understand your point.

On 10/6/2022 at 3:21 AM, aucom96 said:

Kirby isn't where he is just because he's that great of a coach, he's where he is because he owns that Georgia recruiting bed. At best, Auburn had a share of it when we were on top of recruiting and that's as well as I suspect Kirby would have done at Auburn. When he was in Tuscaloosa, he was in a situation where the Alabama recruiting market was already his. He inherited a similar situation at Georgia and tightened it up. It was the perfect land for him. The Auburn job would have been much more challenging and I'm sure his list of conditions was or would have been long to take it. Doesn't really matter now, but I'll just say I'm confident he's much more content with his current situation. 

no wonder  he failed  there

This staff will make people remember the 21-14 loss to uga in 2019 fondly.

This week in 2020 we were ranked #8 and in 2019 we were ranked #7.   That is how much we have regressed in a short period of time.  That isn't me saying Gus should be the coach.  That is me saying that, with all their faults, they could coach circles around this clown show.

• Like 1