Has there ever been a less principled group of folks

TexasTiger

36 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

my opinion is they are using herschel and if he loses they will turn their back on him and drop him like a hot potato.

Who is they and what would be the proper thing for they to do if he loses?

• Facepalm 1

15 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

People say "Both parties are the same" 

But they really aren't. Democrats aren't perfect by any means and there are terrible people out there in the Democratic party, but by and large you can be fairly confident that when/if their misdeeds are uncovered they will be forced out of the party and/or lose their elections, but in large organizations you'll always have a few bad eggs that slip through the cracks and benefit from corruption. 

Republicans though... literally have NO standards at all in terms of character, intelligence, or temperament for their political candidates. Republicans have to SAY all the right things, but they never have to live out their own stated values personally.

As long as you SAY you're a Christian, you don't actually have to act like a Christian or even actually be one.

As long as you SAY you're against abortion, it doesn't matter if you've had or paid for them in the past...as long as you say you'll vote against allow other people to get them.

As long as you SAY you're for family values it doesn't matter how many divorces you've had, how many times you've cheated, or whether you have an open marriage or not. As long as you hate the Gays and trans. 

As long as you SAY you're for personal responsibility, it doesn't matter if you yourself have always blamed others for your problems and failures and never take responsibility yourself. 

As long as you SAY you're a great businessman it doesn't matter if you lie about your success or how many bankruptcy's you've gone through. 

As long as you SAY you tell the truth...you don't actually have to tell the truth....and anyone in the media who factchecks you will be dismissed as "liberal bias"

I could nit pick and fly speck this a bit but YOU ARE INDEED CORRECT. By and Large, the Republicans talk about morals and such and have plainly walked away from them almost completely. 

If I could offer one different take it would be this: They dont so much condone the bad in their pols as they HATE THE DEMS so much that they rationalize anything their pols do. 

It is the flipside of "Vote Blue, No Matter Who!" And yes both parties have these elements in their midst. As I have said many times, they are alike, but not equal. Neither party impresses me much. They talk and talk and talk and at the end of the day take the Wall Street check and go do what they are told.  I dont like either one and would not trust either one for a minute. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Christian Walker (yes I was laughing hard at typing that name connected to Herschel Walker) is outing his dad.

https://www.totalprosports.com/2022/10/04/christian-walker-herschel-walker-anger/?fbclid=IwAR2f6fs5V-I39kyZ-UQ_qBWlXogYa24Z89mk0KwyXcKFpS8LNWUfKqDwXGc