So you want stability…

auburnatl1

8 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

I was born into an Auburn family, and I have always been an Auburn fan no matter what. Some years are harder than others, and some years are more colorful......the Kick 6 game comes to mind as being a particularly bright moment. It's a roller-coaster ride and it's not for weak people. The gutless wonders can be bammer fans. They may have a lot less stress but they also are very boring and most often a lot less fun. My Auburn wrinkles and grey hair are the result of the craziness that goes on in the Orange and Blue World. There's just nothing quite like it. 

WDE!

some smell of coach Gus here?  

9 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

WTH good golfers are not bowlegged you numnut

just what is a numnut golf?

7 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

So, if we get a decent HC, we have to stop taking recreational drugs? Yea, I'll get back to you on that...(takes in a deep draw)

i stand firmly behind you david.

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

OK GREAT didn't want to brag buttttt

you got a link for that?

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

google is your friend numnuts

well golf that is great but you always leave out the b.

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Why do you think that is???? Spell Nazi

nazi is spelled  n a z i. there! you satisfied?

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

just what is a numnut golf?

Golf is just projecting. When you get as old as golf things begin to sag and sitting too long behind a keyboard isn't only mind numbing.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Well duh. Everyone knows that. He’s the bowlegged guy who likes pbr and golf. That’s like his only 3 descriptors.

I personally like to picture my version of @augolf1716 as the Ernie to Bird’s Burt. 

image.gif.26379a4a42f0856a0e4e910904a3d32f.gif

nut-shot.gif

• Haha 1

I don’t think there’s a magic island of happy fans. My son goes to uga (who were pretty friggin average for generations - even with every possible recruiting advantage) and he said they’re already beginning to mutate into bama fans: miserable if they don’t win by 30, suicidal if they lose. Ironically, some of the best fans I’ve experienced are USCe’s - low expectations, euphoric when they win, supportive to a fault. To each their own.

As for AU, I wish we could drop the Game of Thrones political crap. But knowing what I know now, I’d still do it again. Heck, the 2013 season alone (even though we didn’t win the NC) was the greatest fan experience for any team potentially… ever.

Again, if we continue to follow our Cicadas cycle, the next 4 years are about to be amazing. But unfortunately, we’ve first got to survive the Game of Thrones stuff that’s inevitability coming. It’s just part of being Auburn.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, bigbird said:

nut-shot.gif

This is one way of getting numbnuts.  Its a quick way, another is to ride a bike for hours.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Heck, the 2013 season alone (even though we didn’t win the NC) was the greatest fan experience for any team potentially… ever.

Agree. Being in Auburn that night of the iron bowl was the most amazing thing ever. 

• Love 1

I view it as a way to rid AU of the riffraff.. AU might possibly have the fewest low rent, loser fans in the entire country. We might also have the highest percentage of AU graduates as fans compared to any other University. Now, I'm not saying you can't be an upstanding person and citizen if you didn't go to College. But I would say that if you lined up 100 lowlifes, the majority of them would not be college graduates. If you didn't go to College in the state of AL and you're a FB fan.... well, you're probably a bammer fan. Why wouldn't you be?

Combine the fact that bammer is one of the most successful teams in the country with the fact that AU inflicts consistent pain on it's fans... And the result is, that unless you have some compelling reason to be an AU fan, you're probably NOT.

Which is what makes it so unique. No other University has an in state rival that is the most iconic FB school in the country except us!

But if we started consistently winning and not inflicting pain on our fans, our fanbase wouldn't be what we are. Which I believe is the most upstanding, strong willed, highest character fanbase in the entire country. It has to be! To top it off, we have the AU Creed, which enshrines these traits in writing. 

Our FB team might not be the best. But our fanbase is by far the best, and if you ever have the opportunity to be a part of it, you'll just smile and understand how special we are.

I don't necessarily want stability if it's associated with mediocrity.  We've had that.  We need stability from the leadership, that is what will translate to a higher level of consistency across the program and on the field 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i have never seen golf but i have always thought he was bowlegged for some reason.

When I envision meeting Golf at the Stadium....I get mad Seamus vibesgiphy.gif

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I don't necessarily want stability if it's associated with mediocrity.  We've had that.  We need stability from the leadership, that is what will translate to a higher level of consistency across the program and on the field 

Yep and idk why any auburn fan wouldn't want a program that is firing on all cylinders like an Alabama or UGA. To me it is a defeatist and complacent attitude to say "this is how auburn has always been" I'd say most of us expect auburn to take that next step

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yep and idk why any auburn fan wouldn't want a program that is firing on all cylinders like an Alabama or UGA. To me it is a defeatist and complacent attitude to say "this is how auburn has always been" I'd say most of us expect auburn to take that next step

Question is choosing the correct set of steps to climb. As you can see from our many different choices (forum choices) that we each think might get us there. To me (another forum choice coming) having the courage/financial backing to swing for the fences is the most important aspect. May strike out but bunting is not an option from out “leaders”.

47 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

When I envision meeting Golf at the Stadium....I get mad Seamus vibesgiphy.gif

More wood than he's seen in a...nevermind 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

My "nobody gives a damn" Top Five:

Jeff Grimes

Lane Kiffin

DeMeco Ryans (if interested at all...love his defensive playcalling/style)

Deion Sanders

Sonny Dykes 

10 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

My "nobody gives a damn" Top Five:

Jeff Grimes

Lane Kiffin

DeMeco Ryans (if interested at all...love his defensive playcalling/style)

Deion Sanders

Sonny Dykes 

Dykes is a new one. He has had an ip and down career as HC.