when you die................

aubiefifty

11 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Multiple times this thread you seem to conflate trans people with homosexuals. I picked this quote, but you did it a few times.

Being gay, lesbian, bisexual are all differences in sexual preferences.

Being Trans is a personal self-identifier. They are not the same. Hence why people who feel the need to do so will say things like; I am a homosexual trans-male. Or; I am a bi-sexual trans-woman.

I get the group name includes 'T' in it, but that does not mean they are the same.

Also, I think you are making the same mistake as the guy you are arguing against. Being gay/bi/lesbian or being trans is not 100% a choice, nor is it 100% due to biological or mental issues. It's a mix bag for both.

I am combine them because the self identified Christians combine them.

It makes the discussion - and my points - much simpler to simply adapt their thinking.

I am happy to have a serious, non-judgmental discussion of the science, but people who quote the bible to condemn these people are not receptive to such nuance or precision.  It certainly doesn't matter to them.

Edited by homersapien

13 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Also, I think you are making the same mistake as the guy you are arguing against. Being gay/bi/lesbian or being trans is not 100% a choice, nor is it 100% due to biological or mental issues. It's a mix bag for both.

I think you misinterpreted my stance as homer likes to change words and meanings in his responses to make his argument better than it is.

Having said that; I have stated more than once that if a person, whether LBGQ or T declares such when they are an adult, I have no issue with that.  It is their life.  My issue has always been teaching kids (K-3) gender studies and then keeping those same kid’s *gender identity* from the people responsible for the kid if they are influenced into thinking they are not the same gender that they were born.

The medical community has bought into this and has preformed irreversible procedures on minors, whether it be puberty blockers, cross sex hormones or top surgery (once the protocol is started the pressure to continue is immense), the child can not fully understand the consequences of these procedures and should by allowed to grow into their identity without undue pressure from authority figures not associated with their family.

This really has little to do with religion, but the resistance has been mostly from the religious people including Muslims.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think you misinterpreted my stance as homer likes to change words and meanings in his responses to make his argument better than it is.

Having said that; I have stated more than once that if a person, whether LBGQ or T declares such when they are an adult, I have no issue with that.  It is their life.  My issue has always been teaching kids (K-3) gender studies and then keeping those same kid’s *gender identity* from the people responsible for the kid if they are influenced into thinking they are not the same gender that they were born.

The medical community has bought into this and has preformed irreversible procedures on minors, whether it be puberty blockers, cross sex hormones or top surgery (once the protocol is started the pressure to continue is immense), the child can not fully understand the consequences of these procedures and should by allowed to grow into their identity without undue pressure from authority figures not associated with their family.

This really has little to do with religion, but the resistance has been mostly from the religious people including Muslims.

so when do you guys start throwing gays off of buildings like the muslims did? evangelicals can blow all the smoke you want but you dislike gays and would prefer to do a number of bad things to them other than just let them alone and afford them the basic human rights everyone else gets.

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

so when do you guys start throwing gays off of buildings like the muslims did? evangelicals can blow all the smoke you want but you dislike gays and would prefer to do a number of bad things to them other than just let them alone and afford them the basic human rights everyone else gets.

You’re out of control.  Stop while you can and don’t assume my thoughts.  I have explained them, if you don’t agree that’s on you.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You’re out of control.  Stop while you can and don’t assume my thoughts.  I have explained them, if you don’t agree that’s on you.

you are going to call me out of control after kissing trumps ass for years?......get real. now you can say i got mean.

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you are going to call me out of control after kissing trumps ass for years?......get real. now you can say i got mean.

No, just plain ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, just plain ridiculous.

at the end of the day with your superior attitude i find comfort in the fact i never voted for trump becaue I KNEW BETTER!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Stop lying.  I certainly don't change words nor do I change meanings.

This is a written forum.  If you want to accuse someone of "changing words", then show the evidence when you do. 

As far as meaning, you have a pattern of making inferences  - or statements that can only lead to one conclusion - only to deny that's what you meant. If I point that out, I always specify the sentence in question.

I don't make unsupported charges. You do, as the above post demonstrates.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

My issue has always been teaching kids (K-3) gender studies and then keeping those same kid’s *gender identity* from the people responsible for the kid if they are influenced into thinking they are not the same gender that they were born.

The medical community has bought into this and has preformed irreversible procedures on minors, whether it be puberty blockers, cross sex hormones or top surgery (once the protocol is started the pressure to continue is immense),

Here's a good example of what I just said.

Provide us an example of the "medical community" performing "irreversible procedures" on K-3 kids.

That sounds like it came straight from QAnon.  :-\

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Here's a good example of what I just said.

Provide us an example of the "medical community" performing "irreversible procedures" on K-3 kids.

That sounds like it came straight from QAnon.  :-\

That was a great example, homer. I didn’t say they performed irreversible procedures on K-3.  I said they perform irreversible procedures on minors.  Minors as defined as someone under 18 not K-3.  Bravo.

34 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

That was a great example, homer. I didn’t say they performed irreversible procedures on K-3.  I said they perform irreversible procedures on minors.  Minors as defined as someone under 18 not K-3.  Bravo.

It was an excellent example.

You wrote:

My issue has always been teaching kids (K-3) gender studies and then keeping those same kid’s *gender identity* from the people responsible for the kid if they are influenced into thinking they are not the same gender that they were born.    then:

The medical community has bought into this and has preformed irreversible procedures on minors

(And I didn't change a word.  No need to.)

Again, it's not my fault your writing never seems to say what you meant to say.

But while I've got you, can you provide an example of a school actually convincing a kid to change his gender identity and then keeping it from his parents or is that just something you fear might happen?

Edited by homersapien

And while we're at it, do you have any scientific studies that demonstrate the age of 18 is somehow psychologically significant when it comes to establishing one's gender identity when the age 16-18 is not?  

After all, it is a medical issue, is it not?