when you die................

aubiefifty

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

God created Adam and Eve. They subsequently sinned in the Garden of Eden. Everyone born to Adam and Eve was born into a sinful world. Satan has been attacking humanity ever since. This is why some people born male or female have chosen to fornicate with same sex individuals. They don’t have to. They can choose not to. There is no “gay” gene. They don’t need to be shot as you suggest. They need to be witnessed to and introduced to the Bible and the very clear message the Bible has for homosexuals. The power of Jesus can be victorious over any sin committed by anyone. All the person has to do is repent, turn away from their sinful life, and not re-enter into that life. Gays who claim to be Christians are “practicing sin” actively in rebellion to God’s clear message regarding homosexuality. Sin can be forgiven. Practicing sin is different.

Do you not "practice sin"?  Do you not commit the same sins over and over and over again?

I know I do.

Where does Jesus limit his grace and mercy in the way you are describing?

The law, as interpreted by man, has never been congruent with Jesus.  Please, do not let prejudice affect your heart.

What if there was a religious text that said that people who are Christians are a sin? Should we be allowed to discriminate against Christians? Because that’s what some of you are describing here. The opportunity to practice hate and discrimination just because a religious book says so?

Jesus is kindness. Jesus is caring. Most of the all, Jesus is love. That’s the society I believe we can accomplish. We will never prosper if we let prejudice and hate cloud us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Satan has been attacking humanity ever since. This is why some people born male or female have chosen to fornicate with same sex individuals. They don’t have to. They can choose not to.

How old were you when you chose to be heterosexual? Was there a ceremony?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

First, the original texts in ancient language do not support the translations.

Second, if you follow the words directly attributed to Jesus, his commandment to love is in direct conflict.  I will go with Jesus.

Third, I talk to Jesus, He talks to me.  He has never once said a word about persecuting homosexuals.

First - that’s your interpretation

Second - who is advocating not to love people despite their preferences?  Gluttony is a sun, but I still love my big friends.

Third - I’m grateful you have a relationship with Jesus Christ

5 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

Second - who is advocating not to love people despite their preferences?  Gluttony is a sun, but I still love my big friends.

A couple of posts up said homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to be married. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

God created Adam and Eve. They subsequently sinned in the Garden of Eden. Everyone born to Adam and Eve was born into a sinful world. Satan has been attacking humanity ever since. This is why some people born male or female have chosen to fornicate with same sex individuals. They don’t have to. They can choose not to. There is no “gay” gene. They don’t need to be shot as you suggest. They need to be witnessed to and introduced to the Bible and the very clear message the Bible has for homosexuals. The power of Jesus can be victorious over any sin committed by anyone. All the person has to do is repent, turn away from their sinful life, and not re-enter into that life. Gays who claim to be Christians are “practicing sin” actively in rebellion to God’s clear message regarding homosexuality. Sin can be forgiven. Practicing sin is different.

So is gluttony, pride, avarice, lust, envy, laziness, anger, hate, and a thousand other issues. They are all actively practiced everyday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

So is gluttony, pride, avarice, lust, envy, laziness, anger, hate, and a thousand other issues. They are all actively practiced everyday.

Yes they are.

17 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

I have never passed judgement on anyone. That is not for me to do. Pointing out what is clearly stated in the Bible is not passing judgement. God will pass judgement on all of us.  I would harm no one and have never done so. You baseless accusations fall uselessly to the ground. Having you accuse me of being evil is laughable. And I would say your knowledge of the taliban is also simpleton level.  I did not cite Jesus in my post. More accusatory lies from you homer. Pathetic.

Well, I will admit that since you opposed the rights of gay people to get married, I assumed you would actively support legislation to prohibit it with your vote.  So was I right or not?

To me, such opposition is inherently judgemental (gays are not entitled to such a right because of who they are). 

And it certainly imposes harm on them (by actively denying them advantages of legal marriage).

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, I will admit that since you opposed the rights of gay people to get married, I assumed you would actively support legislation to prohibit it with your vote.  So was I right or not?

To me, such opposition is inherently judgemental (gays are not entitled to such a right because of who they are). 

And it certainly imposes harm on them (by actively denying them advantages of legal marriage).

Has there been legislation opposing the rights of gay people to get married? Did I miss a chance to actively vote? It seems you are the judgmental and one throwing accusations at me all the time. Disagreement = hate.  Not true ever. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, jj3jordan said:

Has there been legislation opposing the rights of gay people to get married? Did I miss a chance to actively vote? It seems you are the judgmental and one throwing accusations at me all the time. Disagreement = hate.  Not true ever. 

That’s Homer, always trying to direct the narrative.

25 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

You didn't answer his question.

You also never answered mine....when did you choose to be heterosexual? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You didn't answer his question.

You also never answered mine....when did you choose to be heterosexual? 

Fifth grade Gail Pannell showed me a school picture of her with our initials on it. I was now officially a boyfriend. Never occurred that a boy might have done the same thing to me. The male female connection is natural and normal. One who rejects it would have to “choose” to reject it and choose the unnatural and abnormal same sex relationship. So to help you understand, one does not need to “choose” to be normal heterosexual but one does have to “choose” to be homosexual.

Regarding homer if such legislation existed and had to be voted on ( it doesn’t so the question is moot) yes homer is right I would vote to have normal heterosexual Biblical marriage be the only one.  Homer is wrong in that I would be passing judgement on someone by voting for it. Homer likes to inject emotions such as hate into discussions and follow up with insults. No bother he can believe what he wants. Doesn’t make it right. Never will. He will find out the truth ultimately as will you and I.

• Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Fifth grade Gail Pannell showed me a school picture of her with our initials on it. I was now officially a boyfriend. Never occurred that a boy might have done the same thing to me. The male female connection is natural and normal. One who rejects it would have to “choose” to reject it and choose the unnatural and abnormal same sex relationship. So to help you understand, one does not need to “choose” to be normal heterosexual but one does have to “choose” to be homosexual.

Regarding homer if such legislation existed and had to be voted on ( it doesn’t so the question is moot) yes homer is right I would vote to have normal heterosexual Biblical marriage be the only one.  Homer is wrong in that I would be passing judgement on someone by voting for it. Homer likes to inject emotions such as hate into discussions and follow up with insults. No bother he can believe what he wants. Doesn’t make it right. Never will. He will find out the truth ultimately as will you and I.

Great hoppin' biscuits is this post just bonkers.

Your lack of awareness is nothing short of staggering. Someone who rejects something you deem "normal" would have to consciously reject it? Are you serious? Can you not see that homosexuality is "normal" for them? Do you really not understand that? It's despicable of you to say you don't have to choose but they do. That is the absolute height self-centeredness.

And as homer already pointed out, the very fact that you would vote to keep heterosexual marriage as the only option shows that you do pass judgment on homosexuals. If you left the judgement only to God, then you would not actively prevent homosexuals from living their lives in a way that has no impact on yours or receiving the same benefits you and I do.

14 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

No bother he can believe what he wants. Doesn’t make it right. Never will. He will find out the truth ultimately as will you and I.

The magnitude of the irony in this statement could tear a hole in the cosmos.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

So you're saying that it's not possible for gay people to be born with with a natural desire/attraction to same sex partners? 

The same  natural attraction you had to girls that you didn't have to think about, can't also be true for gay people feeling attraction towards their own sex?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

So you're saying that it's not possible for gay people to be born with with a natural desire/attraction to same sex partners? 

The same  natural attraction you had to girls that you didn't have to think about, can't also be true for gay people feeling attraction towards their own sex?  

Yeah, this dude either has never had a conversation about love with a gay individual or came from a place where open discrimination and harassment is perfectly suitable because he didn't know any better. Poor guy. Imagine being so blind to hate, fury, and anger about people who just want to enjoy the same rights and respect as he does as a "Christian".

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Yeah, this dude either has never had a conversation about love with a gay individual or came from a place where open discrimination and harassment is perfectly suitable because he didn't know any better. Poor guy. Imagine being so blind to hate, fury, and anger about people who just want to enjoy the same rights and respect as he does as a "Christian".

There are still people out there who legitimately believe that sexual orientation is 100% a choice. Usually, It seems to be from Religious people who refuse to accept that God would allow people to be 'born' in a way that they believe is inherently sinful.

To some...committing Sin has to always be a choice made with free will...and the fact that people can be born...from the womb with the genetic makeup that will help lead them to be sexually attracted to their own gender just isn't acceptable to them.

I think many religious people have switched to the view where they acknowledge that homosexuals can be born that way and that they can just blame Satan for corrupting the DNA or whatever, and its only a sin if the gay person ACTs on their homosexual thoughts or desires in their life. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Yes they are.

So what is so specifically bad about homosexualism? Sin is Sin my friend. There are no differing levels. All Sin is Sin and ALL of it counts the same.

44 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

So what is so specifically bad about homosexualism? Sin is Sin my friend. There are no differing levels. All Sin is Sin and ALL of it counts the same.

You are correct. Sin is sin. Homosexuality and other sex outside Biblical marriage is addressed specifically numerous times in the Bible. It is one thing to commit sin. It is another to deny God’s enumeration if a sin, reject His righteousness to judge that sin, and basically declare to God directly “You are wrong God. Homosexuality is not a sin. Not wrong. It is OK to be homosexual despite what You say in Your Book to us. I reject Your authority over me to identify right and wrong. I will continue to behave in the manner I choose over what You say”.  It would be the same if you chose to actively practice stealing, murder (including wishing people dead and hatred), or defying your parents authority over you by failing to honor them. It applies similarly to all the commandments. Trying to rationalize your behavior by saying the original text translation is wrong is one way Satan deceives us into rejecting clear messages from God. If we reject the Bible we reject it all, not just the parts we don’t like. Personally I believe the Bible is the true Word of God.

• Dislike 2

55 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

You are correct. Sin is sin. Homosexuality and other sex outside Biblical marriage is addressed specifically numerous times in the Bible. It is one thing to commit sin. It is another to deny God’s enumeration if a sin, reject His righteousness to judge that sin, and basically declare to God directly “You are wrong God. Homosexuality is not a sin. Not wrong. It is OK to be homosexual despite what You say in Your Book to us. I reject Your authority over me to identify right and wrong. I will continue to behave in the manner I choose over what You say”.  It would be the same if you chose to actively practice stealing, murder (including wishing people dead and hatred), or defying your parents authority over you by failing to honor them. It applies similarly to all the commandments. Trying to rationalize your behavior by saying the original text translation is wrong is one way Satan deceives us into rejecting clear messages from God. If we reject the Bible we reject it all, not just the parts we don’t like. Personally I believe the Bible is the true Word of God.

The bible was written by men, translated by men, edited by men, made "holy" by men.  There are, literally, more versions of the New Testament, than there are words in the New Testament.  The bible is not literal, not historical, not holy.  The bible reveals the spirit of Jesus.  To use the bible as you are, you are making the same mistake the children of Israel made with law and scripture.  The bible is not a weapon.  The bible is not to used to make some more righteous than others.  The bible is not to be used for judgement and division.

The bible is not Jesus.  The bible cannot be held up as equal to Jesus.  Salvation lies in the love of Jesus, not the text of the bible.  Knowledge of the bible is great.  However, it is no substitute for a real relationship with Jesus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The law of Jesus is love.

Jesus loves sinners.

Who did Jesus condemn?  It was not the homosexuals.  It was the insincere, the self righteous, the judgmental, the hypocrites.

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

The bible was written by men, translated by men, edited by men, made "holy" by men.  There are, literally, more versions of the New Testament, than there are words in the New Testament.  The bible is not literal, not historical, not holy.  The bible reveals the spirit of Jesus.  To use the bible as you are, you are making the same mistake the children of Israel made with law and scripture.  The bible is not a weapon.  The bible is not to used to make some more righteous than others.  The bible is not to be used for judgement and division.

The bible is not Jesus.  The bible cannot be held up as equal to Jesus.  Salvation lies in the love of Jesus, not the text of the bible.  Knowledge of the bible is great.  However, it is no substitute for a real relationship with Jesus.

We disagree on the truth and accuracy of the Bible. It appears you trust some of the Bible but not all the Bible. I do not make that distinction. Salvation is granted by the grace of Jesus but lies in the repentance of personal sin and acceptance of Jesus as Lord of your life.

20 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

You asked me about me, not somebody else.  I don't understand same sex sexual desires. I did not have to think about it because it is natural and normal.

No I do not believe there is a "gay" gene controlling gay desires.