when you die................

aubiefifty

2 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Clearly to me those pastors are being misled.  I will loudly proclaim that I completely disagree with their positions as you have described. To me they are not representative of how Christians should act.

well thank you jj. that was not so hard was it? i had lunch with my preacher friend today and he dislikes what he sees happening. is is also huge on the constitution and he said he would never want to see this country turned into a theocracy because he liked the rights afforded to people in this country.

On 10/3/2022 at 12:54 PM, aubiefifty said:

i know his followers shall little to no love on here for the left. you really gonna go there? you guys would throw me under a bus if you could and probably hold me down while the bus backed up for another hit. i wonder if he would ask you the same thing? hell i am trying to help some of you before jesus gets here. that is no joke. gay? he probably likes i try to how them love and treat them like human beings. athiest? i got non believer friends that laugh because i profess love for a "skydaddy". but they are not mean about it. abortion? he know i do not like it but would put a womans life above a babies if it has no brain function. and that does not include late term unless the womans life is threatened somehow. and he will not be upset at me for hating trans and their parents because i do not. but this is a political board and if i see something wrong i have the right to call anyone out as anyone here does. i mean how do you people even know the trans thing is wrong? you get on here and bash folks just like i do but i own up to it and most of you do not.

I would go under the bus to go get you man. You know that.

• Love 1

And fiddy, this is why I am a profound NO PARTY guy. The reason we are in this situation is that people have forgotten What God looks at. he looks at people. I guarantee you that he cares nothing for parties, govts, NGO, etc He chooses leaders based on needs of the people.

Some, like trump, carter, etc are put in positions of leadership to show people what not to vote for ever again. Some leaders are so bad that they are lessons for the rest of us. I honestly believe that. Call it the Caligula Idea. He shows us what bad leadership looks like so that we clearly get the point. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

And fiddy, this is why I am a profound NO PARTY guy. The reason we are in this situation is that people have forgotten What God looks at. he looks at people. I guarantee you that he cares nothing for parties, govts, NGO, etc He chooses leaders based on needs of the people.

Some, like trump, carter, etc are put in positions of leadership to show people what not to vote for ever again. Some leaders are so bad that they are lessons for the rest of us. I honestly believe that. Call it the Caligula Idea. He shows us what bad leadership looks like so that we clearly get the point. 

You believe God chooses our leaders?

You believe Jimmy Carter is a bad example, a bad leader, a bad christian?

Edited by icanthearyou

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

You believe God chooses our leaders?

You believe Jimmy Carter is a bad example, a bad leader, a bad christian?

I was in the USN under Carter. 

• Love 1

36 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Okay?  I do not know how that defines Carter but,,, okay.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Okay?  I do not know how that defines Carter but,,, okay.

First hand knowledge. He may be a great guy, honorable man. He is not a leader tho imho. He cares little to nothing for enlisteds. 

Edited by DKW 86

51 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

First hand knowledge. He may be a great guy, honorable man. He is not a leader tho imho. He cares little to nothing for enlisteds. 

How do you know that?  He never sent them into a conflict.

7 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

How do you know that?  He never sent them into a conflict.

No, I guess sending them into the desert unarmed and underfunded with the Iran Hostage Rescue Team Failure wasnt combat huh?

A leader cares for his men. Carter was no leader.

8 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

No, I guess sending them into the desert unarmed and underfunded with the Iran Hostage Rescue Team Failure wasnt combat huh?

A leader cares for his men. Carter was no leader.

I didn't know you were a part of the rescue effort.  It was an extremely risky operation with a very low chance of succeeding.  Carter took complete blame.

He is a leader.  I think you are in error.

23 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

i am sure i have seen this before but hell i was as well. then raygun i believe. i used to smoke a joint in honor of rons war on drugs.

24 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I didn't know you were a part of the rescue effort.  It was an extremely risky operation with a very low chance of succeeding.  Carter took complete blame.

I actually got to see the enlisteds under Carter that were on food stamps, couldnt afford decent apartments, etc. I know, saw, lived with, actually had some rooming with me. Carter didnt give a **** about us. We got the pay raise from Reagan and every man and woman in the enlisted ranks back then remembers that day. Carter had four years and didnt do s*** for us. Reagan got it handled in a couple of months.

Half the surface Navy was stuck in port waiting on parts. Those ships were wore out and in desperate need of overhauls after Vietnam. Reagan built us back as he did other branches. Carter had the opportunity and didnt do anything. He signed up up for a Brit built defense platform for surface ships called Sea Sparrow. It was a turd. Most of the ships with Sea Sparrow had to keep live watches on the rockets due to corrosion firing them, even while in port. One false firing killed 5 Turkish Sailors. Raytheon rebuilt the entire system into a world class missile. Carters SS were literally lighting off from how poorly they were designed. We had developed a better missile ourselves, Carter killed it. Carter killed off the Nuclear Power industry as well. Came out of the USN, and there were literally no jobs anywhere. Carter killed the economy with high interest rates and high inflation. When Carter ran against Ford, he used what he called the Misery index: Inflation Rate and Interest Rates. THEY WERE EVEN WORSE UNDER CARTER. He didnt give a damn about the middle class and thats why he lost the 1980 Election 489-49. Reagan carried 44 states, including CA. Carter was that bad at leadership. The entire nation rejected him. 

Carter defined his own administration as a failure for the American People.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i am sure i have seen this before but hell i was as well. then raygun i believe. i used to smoke a joint in honor of rons war on drugs.

We need to celebrate the War on Drugs someday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I actually got to see the enlisteds under Carter that were on food stamps, couldnt afford decent apartments, etc. I know, saw, lived with, actually had some rooming with me. Carter didnt give a **** about us. We got the pay raise from Reagan and every man and woman in the enlisted ranks back then remembers that day. Carter had four years and didnt do s*** for us. Reagan got it handled in a couple of months.

I understand you feelings.  I do not know all of the circumstances.  Still, I have no doubts that Carter is a better human being, better leader than Reagan.

Any chance you are being unfair?

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

ronnie made it two terms i think? 73 to 77 was when i was in and i faied to mention we were brothers in arms i think at the same time. but i am also remembering he gave civil service workers one of the biggest raises ever but we ended up in the whole by forcing us to start paying for medicare. man my memory sucks. hell i take the best vitamins you can take which is gnc.

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

He had to take the blame. Maybe you should defer to someone with firsthand knowledge. I did not serve under Carter, but I did in his aftermath. It took years but Reagan was able to restore our military readiness. Under Carter the 1st Fighter Wing at Langley was unable to perform its mission. The military was on its rear. The number 1 job for the president and commander in chief. National defense. Failure of…Leadership.

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I understand you feelings.  I do not know all of the circumstances.  Still, I have no doubts that Carter is a better human being, better leader than Reagan.

https://www.nwestiowa.com/opinion/kuiper-welcome-back-president-carter-no-thank-you/article_5c38a98e-d07f-11eb-be4b-0f8786982da5.html

Even though most objective historians agree that Carter was a bad president, they opine he is a decent man. But I cannot agree with that. Carter has always been a dishonest person. Say what you want about Trump, but he never tried to pretend he was someone else. He was who he was, an arrogant, but successful businessman from Queens.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

44 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

He was who he was, an arrogant, but successful businessman from Queens.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/as-a-businessman-trump-was-the-biggest-loser-of-all

I dont know where the narrative that Trump was a successful businessman started, but Trump was not a successful businessman. The only thing business schools will teach about Trumps business is what not to do

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

i think ford caused a lot of that. i googled it and i only had a few months under carter but i can remember when ford was in office before him we were lining up around the block to get gas. this is a fact so i am pretty sure ford did not help any. david are you saying you liked ronnie?

22 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i think ford caused a lot of that. i googled it and i only had a few months under carter but i can remember when ford was in office before him we were lining up around the block to get gas. this is a fact so i am pretty sure ford did not help any. david are you saying you liked ronnie?

Yes the gas line was due to Carter not Ford. 

Edited by jj3jordan
  • Dislike 1

On 10/3/2022 at 1:55 PM, homersapien said:

You said:  "God created man and woman.  I don’t think he created any other sex."

That suggests he didn't create homosexuals and transsexuals, which necessarily excludes them as part of God's creation (or as I would put it, "nature").  Excluding them as (legitimate) humans can only follow.

(Furthermore, your suggestion that one's sexuality exists only in their genitalia is breathtakingly ignorant.) 

1FF3B1A2-57F7-4AAD-95E8-8A2B27A9A478.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Yes the gas line was due to Carter not Ford. 

no because i left in feb of 77 and the gas lines were terrible in the dc area before i left. they went around a corner or two and this was normal for a while.

3 hours ago, PUB78 said:

1FF3B1A2-57F7-4AAD-95E8-8A2B27A9A478.jpeg

Well, at least the cover of illogical rhetoric is off. 

You are worse than a Pharisee.  You are a theocrat, no different from the Taliban or the Mullahs in Iran.  

So, what would you do to homosexuals and transgenders? Force them back underground? Imprison them? Line them up against a wall and shoot them?

58 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, at least the cover of illogical rhetoric is off. 

You are worse than a Pharisee.  You are a theocrat, no different from the Taliban or the Mullahs in Iran.  

So, what would you do to homosexuals and transgenders? Force them back underground? Imprison them? Line them up against a wall and shoot them?

Homer, Homer , Homer! You only give me three options??