Ex-GOP strategist slams Trump for 'assassination instructions' against McConnell: 'It's beyond the pale.

aubiefifty

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Garland, as any other appointee, serves at the pleasure of the President.  If the President is displeased, he/she will be replaced.  Bill Barr had enough and was man enough to quit in December as he didn’t go along with Trump’s election agenda.  I doubt we will see anything like that from Garland, because he serves at the pleasure of the President.

Joe will not fire anyone that is doing exactly what he wants.  Case in point DHS Mayorkas.  He is doing exactly what Joe wants on the border.  DHH Secretary Becerra, a lawyer put in charge of health to ram the vaccine mandate through OSHA.

Biden (Garland) knows how to play the game.

Your mental gymnastics are both hilarious and exhausting to watch.

First of all, how about waiting until the other side of the story comes out on the FBI? That article barely mentioned anything other than what the whistleblower said. If the FBI is doing something wrong, then I absolutely want that to come out. However, at this point we've got no idea if there was a legitimate reason the whistleblower was suspended. Yet you, Mr. "If they've got something on him then convict" are ready to condemn the FBI before any investigation is even started, because it fits what you want. 

I'll also point out that not every executive is ready to fire someone immediately if something's not going well, unless something egregious has been done. Most reasonable people will actually give a person a chance to correct their mistakes and learn from them, rather than throw them to the wolves. 

You're the King (or maybe, Queen?) of obsfucation.

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Your mental gymnastics are both hilarious and exhausting to watch.

First of all, how about waiting until the other side of the story comes out on the FBI? That article barely mentioned anything other than what the whistleblower said. If the FBI is doing something wrong, then I absolutely want that to come out. However, at this point we've got no idea if there was a legitimate reason the whistleblower was suspended. Yet you, Mr. "If they've got something on him then convict" are ready to condemn the FBI before any investigation is even started, because it fits what you want. 

I'll also point out that not every executive is ready to fire someone immediately if something's not going well, unless something egregious has been done. Most reasonable people will actually give a person a chance to correct their mistakes and learn from them, rather than throw them to the wolves. 

You're the King (or maybe, Queen?) of obsfucation.

Thank you, I’ll wear the badge proudly.  It really isn’t nice to try to misgender anyone.  To the point of firing someone.  Mayorkas has gotten the border in such a mess even Democrats are complaining this close to the midterms.

I’m willing to wait for the facts to come in about the FBI as long as the left is will to do the same about Jan. 6th.  I know that’s not going to happen.

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m willing to wait for the facts to come in about the FBI as long as the left is will to do the same about Jan. 6th.  I know that’s not going to happen.

Might that be because most of what happened on January 6 is already known (due in no small part to the fact that, you know, you could watch it live), whereas the whistleblower situation just came out and we've only heard one side?

And it's not just people on the left that think Trump's a criminal.

• Haha 1

This will be interesting to watch what Garland and his DOJ does.

BOSTON (AP) — Three major medical associations have asked Attorney General Merrick Garland to investigate and prosecute people who are threatening violence against children’s hospitals and physicians that provide gender-affirming health care.

The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Medical Association and the Children’s Hospital Association wrote to Garland on Monday. Their demands come amid a spate of threats against doctors and institutions that provide medical care for transgender kids, sometimes including hormones or surgery for older teens.

Children’s hospitals nationwide have substantially increased security and are working with law enforcement, while some providers now need constant security, the associations said.

Garland did not immediately comment publicly, and a spokesperson did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment Tuesday. Massachusetts U.S. Attorney Rachael Rollins said this summer that the Department of Justice will ensure equal protection of transgender people under the law.

https://apnews.com/article/health-boston-massachusetts-merrick-garland-9a9398aee35db3c6b8b0acb67a4ff7f5?taid=633c8f1d5486240001a2bad5&utm_campaign=TrueAnthem&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter

On 10/3/2022 at 10:14 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Once again, Trump is not the President and, hopefully, never will be again.  What hate will your heart have if Trump is no longer a threat to you?  Where will that hate find a place?

You do realize he's the leader in the clubhouse for the 2024 GOP nomination, right?  This dismissal because "he's not the president" thing is just lazy dodging.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You do realize he's the leader in the clubhouse for the 2024 GOP nomination, right?  This dismissal because "he's not the president" thing is just lazy dodging.

If he becomes the 2024 GOP nominee it will be something to be concerned about, until then there are other issues on the front burner.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If he becomes the 2024 GOP nominee it will be something to be concerned about, until then there are other issues on the front burner.

No, when he's still the most influential voice in the GOP and leading the polls among potential GOP presidential candidates, it's something to be concerned about.  Even the GOP candidates running for office this year get it.  Almost all their campaign ads trip over themselves to make clear they are "pro-Trump" or want to advance the "Trump agenda."  That's not the actions of a group of folks who perceive that what he says and thinks aren't relevant *right now.*

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m not concerned about Trump until the primaries.  He is what he is.  DeSantis is making a push and will be a factor.  If Garland can deliver what everybody wants, he won’t be a problem.  Are you not confident Garland is not going to pull it off?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Garland, as any other appointee, serves at the pleasure of the President.  If the President is displeased, he/she will be replaced.  Bill Barr had enough and was man enough to quit in December as he didn’t go along with Trump’s election agenda.  I doubt we will see anything like that from Garland, because he serves at the pleasure of the President.

Joe will not fire anyone that is doing exactly what he wants.  Case in point DHS Mayorkas.  He is doing exactly what Joe wants on the border.  DHH Secretary Becerra, a lawyer put in charge of health to ram the vaccine mandate through OSHA.

Biden (Garland) knows how to play the game.

What is it that Garland is pursuing that you consider a "game"?

Trump's illegal handling of classified documents?

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Thank you, I’ll wear the badge proudly.  It really isn’t nice to try to misgender anyone.  To the point of firing someone.  Mayorkas has gotten the border in such a mess even Democrats are complaining this close to the midterms.

I can assure you that there is nothing more the "left" wants regarding Jan. 6 than for the facts to come out.

In fact, many facts are coming out, thanks to the Jan. 6 committee, if only you would pay attention.  I know that's not going to happen. 

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

This will be interesting to watch what Garland and his DOJ does.

BOSTON (AP) — Three major medical associations have asked Attorney General Merrick Garland to investigate and prosecute people who are threatening violence against children’s hospitals and physicians that provide gender-affirming health care.

The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Medical Association and the Children’s Hospital Association wrote to Garland on Monday. Their demands come amid a spate of threats against doctors and institutions that provide medical care for transgender kids, sometimes including hormones or surgery for older teens.

Children’s hospitals nationwide have substantially increased security and are working with law enforcement, while some providers now need constant security, the associations said.

Garland did not immediately comment publicly, and a spokesperson did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment Tuesday. Massachusetts U.S. Attorney Rachael Rollins said this summer that the Department of Justice will ensure equal protection of transgender people under the law.

https://apnews.com/article/health-boston-massachusetts-merrick-garland-9a9398aee35db3c6b8b0acb67a4ff7f5?taid=633c8f1d5486240001a2bad5&utm_campaign=TrueAnthem&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter

You do not believe the DOJ should investigate those threatening violence?

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

It's ironic that they are threatening Children's Hospitals.

I believe Trump has some coocoo in him. I also believe most people on the right (not the first time around) and left are sensible and smart. If Trump is the nominee I will be suprised. IMO Trump plays to the crazies/radicals on both the right and left. It's how he stays relevant in the media. I didn't vote for him the first time. He doesn't take up space between my ears. He's bad for the country. 

11 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m not concerned about Trump until the primaries.  He is what he is.  DeSantis is making a push and will be a factor.  If Garland can deliver what everybody wants, he won’t be a problem.  Are you not confident Garland is not going to pull it off?

Well, you're welcome to not be concerned personally, but trying to act like other people are being weird or obsessive for recognizing the bleeding obvious here isn't a winning play.  It's deflection.

I don't know a ton about the DOJ's case vs Trump, but what I do know is that there's enough there regardless of legal levels of "beyond reasonable doubt" that ought to make him a pariah to thinking voters, yet he's still sitting atop the polls because the hardcore base is no longer a party, it's a cult.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Its the same with the school board issue.  It should be handled by the local authorities.  It was in Boston.  I guess now if some organization feels threatened they just write to Biden/Garland and get people labeled as terrorist.  What a system.

8 hours ago, arein0 said:

It's ironic that they are threatening Children's Hospitals.

The Children’s Hospitals are the one doing the *Gender Affirming Care*.  And to be honest, the people highlighted in the letter are bringing to light what the Children’s Hospitals have been saying in their own websites.

Gender affirming care consists of puberty blockers (chemical castration) and top surgery on minor girls as young as 14.

• Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't know a ton about the DOJ's case vs Trump, but what I do know is that there's enough there regardless of legal levels of "beyond reasonable doubt" that ought to make him a pariah to thinking voters, yet he's still sitting atop the polls because the hardcore base is no longer a party, it's a cult.

I have said before, if the DOJ doesn’t finish the job with a conviction, it just enables Trump and his base.  It makes him a martyr so to speak.  So finish the job and stop crying if you can’t.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The Children’s Hospitals are the one doing the *Gender Affirming Care*.  And to be honest, the people highlighted in the letter are bringing to light what the Children’s Hospitals have been saying in their own websites.

Gender affirming care consists of puberty blockers (chemical castration) and top surgery on minor girls as young as 14.

So that makes it okay to threaten the safety of the children that need care in that hospital? How does that make any sense? How have I heard from Republicans for years saying "think of the children" yet they are the ones to put bomb threats on Childrens Hospitals. You do realize that even if they are fake they have to move everyone out of the hospital to safety, preventing treatment for all children in the hospital, not just the "transed kids"

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Terrorism is defined as:

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

You are literally defending terrorism right now

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, arein0 said:

So that makes it okay to threaten the safety of the children that need care in that hospital? How does that make any sense? How have I heard from Republicans for years saying "think of the children" yet they are the ones to put bomb threats on Childrens Hospitals. You do realize that even if they are fake they have to move everyone out of the hospital to safety, preventing treatment for all children in the hospital, not just the "transed kids"

Where did I say it was OK?  You asked why the Children’s Hospitals and I told you why, I did not say it was correct.  When things like this are brought to light there are the fringe that overreact and that is what we are seeing now.  Do think *gender affirming care* is  thinking of the children?  It wouldn’t be so popular in the field of medicine if it wasn’t profitable.  They are basically sterilizing our children before they have the time to think for themselves.  Are you OK with that?

• Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Terrorism is defined as:

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

You are literally defending terrorism right now

It has been overused since the Patriot Act was instituted.  It is now being used against our own citizenry.  

35 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It has been overused since the Patriot Act was instituted.  It is now being used against our own citizenry.  

You're right that the Patriot Act is overused and gave too much power to the federal branches in some cases, but right now (outside of Russian nukes), US domestic terrorism IS the most pressing threat to the US and to individual citizens. 

21 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

You're right that the Patriot Act is overused and gave too much power to the federal branches in some cases, but right now (outside of Russian nukes), US domestic terrorism IS the most pressing threat to the US and to individual citizens. 

This is the Biden narrative.  Where was this thinking during the summer of discontent during Covid against BLM and Antifa?  There were more terrorism then than there is now.  Why wasn’t the DOJ under Trump mobilized for such things?  My thought is that it would tear the country apart like it is now.  Biden and his administration is not good for America.

• Dislike 1

That sure sounded like an excuse for their behavior.

So do you approve of threatening violence against these hospitals?

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

That sure sounded like an excuse for their behavior.

So do you approve of threatening violence against these hospitals?

Where did I say it was OK?  You asked why the Children’s Hospitals and I told you why, I did not say it was correct.  When things like this are brought to light there are the fringe that overreact and that is what we are seeing now.  Do think *gender affirming care* is  thinking of the children?  It wouldn’t be so popular in the field of medicine if it wasn’t profitable.  They are basically sterilizing our children before they have the time to think for themselves.  Are you OK with that?

• Facepalm 1