Ex-GOP strategist slams Trump for 'assassination instructions' against McConnell: 'It's beyond the pale.

aubiefifty

INSIDER

Ex-GOP strategist slams Trump for 'assassination instructions' against McConnell: 'It's beyond the pale. Every Republican ought to be able to say so.'

Cheryl Teh
Mon, October 3, 2022 at 1:23 AM

Former President Donald Trump, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Former President Donald Trump, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.Drew Angerer/Getty Images, Joe Maiorana/AP Photo
  • Conservative pundit Scott Jennings said Trump had sent "assassination instructions" about McConnell.

• Jennings said "every Republican ought to be able to say" that Trump's post was "beyond the pale."

• "This is bad for the party," Jennings said.

Conservative pundit Scott Jennings said "every Republican" should be able to disavow former President Donald Trump's "assassination instructions" against Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Jennings, a former GOP advisor and McConnell aide, was referring to a Truth Social post from October 1, in which Trump escalated his long-standing feud with the Kentucky senator. Trump accused McConnell of opposing him because he has a "death wish." Trump also leveled a racially charged insult at McConnell's wife, Elaine Chao, the transportation secretary for the Trump administration, calling her McConnell's "China loving wife, Coco Chow."

Trump's salvo came after McConnell voiced support for changing the way Congress counts electoral votes.

In an appearance on CNN on Sunday, Jennings said Trump's post contained "assassination instructions" directed at McConnell and "blatant racism" against Chao.

"I mean, if you read that whole thing out loud, if you were on the street, and you heard someone muttering that on a street corner, you wouldn't say, 'Hmm, let's hand this person the presidency or the Republican nomination for president,'" Jennings said. "You would say, 'Call 911.' Because it sounds like an unhinged, deranged person has gotten loose and is out on the street and may be a danger to themselves and others."

He added that the insults against McConnell were "beyond the pale" and that "every Republican ought to be able to say so."

"This is not good for the party. It's not good for him," Jennings said, referring to Trump.

Jennings also weighed in on Sen. Rick Scott's hesitation to condemn Trump for writing the post, saying Scott was likely "unprepared" for the question. During an appearance on CNN's "State of the Union" on Sunday, host Dana Bash asked Scott if Trump's comments were acceptable — to which Scott said it is "never, ever okay to be a racist," but stopped short of slamming Trump.

"But there's something very easy about this. And what's easy is to say: 'This is not good. It's not helpful. It's not good politically. It's not good personally. This is bad for the party, bad for the country,'" Jennings said. "And it's not becoming of a former president and somebody who wants to have the job again."

Representatives for McConnell and a spokesman at Trump's post-presidential press office did not immediately respond to Insider's requests for comment.

Read the original article on Business Insider

• Like 1

see you cats get mad as hell at me but i will keep calling this kind of crap out. there is no need for it. none. but lets hear those same ol lame excuses you guys have been throwing up almost a decade now. trump is scum and yet you folks love him. that is one hell of an indictment.

• Like 1

Once again, Trump is not the President and, hopefully, never will be again.  What hate will your heart have if Trump is no longer a threat to you?  Where will that hate find a place?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Once again, Trump is not the President and, hopefully, never will be again.  What hate will your heart have if Trump is no longer a threat to you?  Where will that hate find a place?

uhh.. Trump is still considered one of the leading candidates to win the Republican 2024 nomination. 

You continue to try and pretend that Trump is no longer relevent and isn't supported by Republicans anymore, but that is simply not true. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

uhh.. Trump is still considered one of the leading candidates to win the Republican 2024 nomination. 

You continue to try and pretend that Trump is no longer relevent and isn't supported by Republicans anymore, but that is simply not true. 

Then wait until he is the Republican nominee.  It is interesting that Biden’s DOJ is going after Trump if he is a leading candidate. I believe Trump was accused, in his first impeachment, of going after his chief rival in asking the President of Ukraine for dirt on Hunter.  Can the Dems be more disingenuous?

I know, I know, but Trump is guilty, we just haven’t found the crime yet.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Then wait until he is the Republican nominee.  It is interesting that Biden’s DOJ is going after Trump if he is a leading candidate. I believe Trump was accused, in his first impeachment, of going after his chief rival in asking the President of Ukraine for dirt on Hunter.  Can the Dems be more disingenuous?

I know, I know, but Trump is guilty, we just haven’t found the crime yet.

Man, that's the best example of extreme denial I've seen. :no:

Do you really not believe Trump asked Zelensky to find dirt on Hunter Biden?  Even after the conversation was made public?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/25/trump-ukraine-phone-call-transcript-text-pdf-1510770

Guess you believe the 2020 election was stolen too.  :laugh:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Man, that's the best example of extreme denial I've seen. :no:

Do you really not believe Trump asked Zelensky to find dirt on Hunter Biden?  Even after the conversation was made public?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/25/trump-ukraine-phone-call-transcript-text-pdf-1510770

Guess you believe the 2020 election was stolen too.  :laugh:

I’m sure Trump did ask, which is why he was impeached.  Do you think Biden doing the same thing Trump did is now permissible?

Edited by I_M4_AU

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m sure Trump did ask, which is why he was impeached.  Do you think Biden doing the same thing Trump did is now permissible?

There's a difference between the President directly commanding someone to find dirt on their opponent, and the US justice department opening a real investigation on real evidence it's collected in a real raid. 

I know that in your fairytale that Biden absolutely commanded the DOJ to investigate Trump and that all the evidence is likely planted, but its not about what you think happened...its what you can prove. 

We had a phone call and multiple witnesses of Trump doing what he was accused of. 

Your accusation against Biden is based on nothing. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2

If you can hang the VP,,, why can't you assassinate the Senate minority leader?

Back to the Capitol !!!

Now I understand why the unborn are the only ones worthy of life,,, they can't disagree with you.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

There's a difference between the President directly commanding someone to find dirt on their opponent, and the US justice department opening a real investigation on real evidence it's collected in a real raid. 

I know that in your fairytale that Biden absolutely commanded the DOJ to investigate Trump and that all the evidence is likely planted, but its not about what you think happened...its what you can prove. 

We had a phone call and multiple witnesses of Trump doing what he was accused of. 

Your accusation against Biden is based on nothing. 

Weak.  Garland acted on his own?  Really?  Are parents being investigated for speaking up at school board meetings because Jill’s buddies wrote a letter to Biden citing incidents around the country?

That is your fairytale.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Weak.  Garland acted on his own?  Really?  Are parents being investigated for speaking up at school board meetings because Jill’s buddies wrote a letter to Biden citing incidents around the country?

That is your fairytale.

Are school board members being threatened?

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Weak.  Garland acted on his own?  Really?  

Again....a real investigation...with real evidence.

It's not the same...not even close. 

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

\Are parents being investigated for speaking up at school board meetings because Jill’s buddies wrote a letter to Biden citing incidents around the country?

That is your fairytale.

Nope. There are a few instances where mentally unstable parents who are throwing death threats around left and right to school administrators are being investigated, but regular parents are not. That's a myth that exists in your head. 

I know that  Republican Rep. Gym "Rape em" Jordan says he has evidence from a whistleblower that it happened, but he hasn't provided any proof of that other than "trust me bro."

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Are school board members being threatened?

Nothing that the local authorities couldn’t handle.  Why did Joe ask the DOJ to step in?

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Again....a real investigation...with real evidence.

It's not the same...not even close

It’s going after his chief rival.  Exactly the same.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No...

If Trump had actual EVIDENCE that Biden and Hunter was doing something illegal in Ukraine then he should have got the DOJ to investigate. He would have been in the right to do that....he didn't..because he didn't have any evidence....he was trying to get people to dig up/make up evidence for him. 

Trump wouldn't have been impeached if his DoJ had done a proper investigation into Biden/Hunter. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Can you cite evidence that Biden ordered the DOJ to investigate Trump?

16 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

No...

If Trump had actual EVIDENCE that Biden and Hunter was doing something illegal in Ukraine then he should have got the DOJ to investigate. He would have been in the right to do that....he didn't..because he didn't have any evidence....he was trying to get people to dig up/make up evidence for him. 

Trump wouldn't have been impeached if his DoJ had done a proper investigation into Biden/Hunter. 

Thank you. 

8 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

hell when it comes to you guys i am sure i will have a wide verity to choose from.

20 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

No. 

Got an example of Biden doing so?

Edited by homersapien

20 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Nothing that the local authorities couldn’t handle.  Why did Joe ask the DOJ to step in?

Domestic terrorism falls under the FBI's jurisdiction.

20 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Can you cite evidence that Biden ordered the DOJ to investigate Trump?

We may never know.  It appears Garland has threatened FBI whistleblowers with suspensions for coming forward.

In a blistering letter accusing FBI leadership of retaliating against a protected whistleblower, the ranking members of two powerful Senate committees have warned Attorney General Merrick Garland and FBI Director Christopher Wray to step in immediately to shield suspended Special Agent Steve Friend from unlawful reprisals after he filed a complaint with the inspector general last week alleging FBI wrongdoing in domestic terrorism cases.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/26/gop-senators-demand-wray-ag-garland-end-fbi-whistleblowers-suspension/

Can you imagine what Garland would do to a whistleblower that dared to inform on Garland’s activities in the Mar A Lago raid?

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

We may never know.  It appears Garland has threatened FBI whistleblowers with suspensions for coming forward.

In a blistering letter accusing FBI leadership of retaliating against a protected whistleblower, the ranking members of two powerful Senate committees have warned Attorney General Merrick Garland and FBI Director Christopher Wray to step in immediately to shield suspended Special Agent Steve Friend from unlawful reprisals after he filed a complaint with the inspector general last week alleging FBI wrongdoing in domestic terrorism cases.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/26/gop-senators-demand-wray-ag-garland-end-fbi-whistleblowers-suspension/

Can you imagine what Garland would do to a whistleblower that dared to inform on Garland’s activities in the Mar A Lago raid?

So, in short, no.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Beat me to it.

Garland, as any other appointee, serves at the pleasure of the President.  If the President is displeased, he/she will be replaced.  Bill Barr had enough and was man enough to quit in December as he didn’t go along with Trump’s election agenda.  I doubt we will see anything like that from Garland, because he serves at the pleasure of the President.

Joe will not fire anyone that is doing exactly what he wants.  Case in point DHS Mayorkas.  He is doing exactly what Joe wants on the border.  DHH Secretary Becerra, a lawyer put in charge of health to ram the vaccine mandate through OSHA.

Biden (Garland) knows how to play the game.