Pro-death Republicans

TexasTiger

59 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Where does science say anything about "animate" regarding a diploid cell (and up)?

Not sure you understand the role of science.

Lol - follow the science until it denies liberal thought

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You make a great Pharisee!

Now - given the power - what would you do with all these heretics who don't think exactly as you do?

Best thing I can do is to point the risk out to ICHY as a brother in Christ.  We live in America so I wouldn’t dare legislate how he worships

28 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Lol - follow the science until it denies liberal thought

That's not an answer.  That's evasion. 

(Which doesn't surprise me because most of what you post is total BS.)

31 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Best thing I can do is to point the risk out to ICHY as a brother in Christ.  We live in America so I wouldn’t dare legislate how he worships

Nice weaseling.

I wasn't talking about ICHY. I was talking about everyone else of whatever religious beliefs.

And (obviously) I was not talking about how anyone "worships".  I was talking about forcing your religious beliefs on those who don't have the same beliefs.

(But of course you already knew that.)

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Nice weaseling.

I wasn't talking about ICHY. I was talking about everyone else of whatever religious beliefs.

And (obviously) I was not talking about how anyone "worships".  I was talking about forcing your religious beliefs on those who don't have the same beliefs.

(But of course you already knew that.)

Nobody is doing that. Except maybe Muslims with the join or die membership plan. Maybe ask ilhan.

58 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I'm fine with "Witnessing".

It's the support of religiously justified legislation I have a problem with.

And it was an excellent analogy:

Phar·i·see

/ˈferəˌsē/

noun
noun: Pharisee; plural noun: Pharisees
  1. a member of an ancient Jewish sect, distinguished by strict observance of the traditional and written law, and commonly held to have pretensions to superior sanctity.
    • a self-righteous person; a hypocrite.

And also denied that Jesus was their Messiah. Don’t forget that.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I'm fine with "Witnessing".

It's the support of religiously justified legislation I have a problem with.

And it was an excellent analogy:

Phar·i·see

/ˈferəˌsē/

noun
noun: Pharisee; plural noun: Pharisees
  1. a member of an ancient Jewish sect, distinguished by strict observance of the traditional and written law, and commonly held to have pretensions to superior sanctity.
    • a self-righteous person; a hypocrite.

8 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Irrelevant.  Besides, you'd deny Jesus if he showed up tomorrow.  Way too liberal.

And if you talk like a pharisee, act like a pharisee and think like a pharisee.....guess what?  You are one.

Edited by homersapien

Irrelevant.  Besides, you'd deny Jesus if he showed up tomorrow.  Way too liberal.

And if you talk like a pharisee, act like a pharisee and think like a pharisee.....guess what?  You are one.

Not likely as a rapturee. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, homersapien said:

What is the "liberal thought" that science has denied?

One of the feeble attempts of the left was to dispute actual life being taken during a 1st trimester abortion (see fat ass abram’s recent remarks for a humorous example)

but the science says……

https://www.stanfordchildrens.org/en/topic/default?id=first-trimester-85-P01218

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

One of the feeble attempts of the left was to dispute actual life being taken during a 1st trimester abortion (see fat ass abram’s recent remarks for a humorous example)

but the science says……

https://www.stanfordchildrens.org/en/topic/default?id=first-trimester-85-P01218

I didn't see any statements regarding life - or more precisely - "personhood". (At what point in the process a zygote becomes a person with individual rights.) 

In fact, that's not the sort of question that science is designed to address in the first place.

Science can neither prove or disprove your opinion on that (nor mine for that matter).

The closest science can come to addressing "life" as you mean it, is by quantifying brain activity, which is the measure we commonly apply to when death occurs. 

And even then, a "brain dead" person typically exhibits some brain activity in the form of autonomic functions. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

I didn't see any statements regarding life - or more precisely - "personhood". (At what point in the process a zygote becomes a person with individual rights.) 

In fact, that's not the sort of question that science is designed to address in the first place.

Science can neither prove or disprove your opinion on that (nor mine for that matter).

The closest science can come to addressing "life" as you mean it, is by quantifying brain activity, which is the measure we commonly apply to when death occurs. 

And even then, a "brain dead" person typically exhibits some brain activity in the form of autonomic functions. 

But they are not actually totally seriously dead until the heart is stopped. Thus the start of life, the heartbeat.

4 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

But they are not actually totally seriously dead until the heart is stopped. Thus the start of life, the heartbeat.

"Totally seriously dead"???  That's hilarious.  :laugh: :ucrazy:

Are you are suggesting harvesting organs from a brain dead person is murder. 

Is that what you are suggesting? 

How about heart transplant patients?   Did they die when their heart was removed?  Did  they suddenly come back to life when their donors heart was implanted and started?

Is the heart recipient are who they were before their heart was stopped,  or are they reincarnated as the donor, since their (now beating) heart is actually the donors?

While a beating heart - or mechanical equivalent - may be necessary for life, it certainly - and obviously - doesn't define life.   The brain does.  When your brain is dead, you are dead. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Is the heart recipient are who they were before their heart was stopped,  or are they reincarnated as the donor, since their (now beating) heart is actually the donors? 

The anti-abortion version of the Ship of Theseus? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Saying Ship of Theseus makes me sound smarter. I really need that.

To be honest, I had to look it up to know what you were talking about.  ;D

"Totally seriously dead"???  That's hilarious.  :laugh: :ucrazy:

Are you are suggesting harvesting organs from a brain dead person is murder. 

Is that what you are suggesting? 

How about heart transplant patients?   Did they die when their heart was removed?  Did  they suddenly come back to life when their donors heart was implanted and started?

While a beating heart - or mechanical equivalent - may be necessary for life, it certainly - and obviously - doesn't define life.   The brain does.  When your brain is dead, you are dead. 

How you could go there is beyond bizarre. My comment was clear, concise and relevant to the previous comment.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

I’ll give you a hint, a patient is in the hospital struggling for their life, doctor’s declare the patient dead when………..

I’ll even let you finish the sentence.  You see, the left doesn’t get to play the spiritual side of this topic because you arguing for a destructive act against an innocent child.  So look at the science, when is the patient dead?  I mean, if you’re for murder of children, just nut up and come out with it

4 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

I’ll give you a hint, a patient is in the hospital struggling for their life, doctor’s declare the patient dead when………..

I’ll even let you finish the sentence.  You see, the left doesn’t get to play the spiritual side of this topic because you arguing for a destructive act against an innocent child.  So look at the science, when is the patient dead?  I mean, if you’re for murder of children, just nut up and come out with it

when they have no brain function.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

Just like Fifty said, when the brain is dead.

Of course, the brain dies pretty soon after the heart stops, so the heart stopping long enough kills the brain. 

But a stopped heart per se' does not indicate death.  Examples of a stopped heart being re-started are common.  But if too much time lapses, the person is "brain dead" - i.e:  dead - even if the heart is re-started.

You know squat about medicine or science in general.  So keep your ******* religion to yourself and quit trying to force it on others.

Edited by homersapien

21 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

when they have no brain function.

Nope. That’s why they have to pull the plug to achieve death. People live for years with no brain function if their heart is beating and a respirator is operating. Only when the doctor listens for a heartbeat and finds none can the patient be declared dead.  Time recorded and certificate issued. 

• Like 1