We could have had Venables

meh130

Guy had the Sooners ranked #6 before last weeks Kansas State game. Now he has lost back to back games against unranked conference opponents. Meanwhile, Lincoln Riley seems to have USC rolling pretty good. I haven't watched much of USC but they put up alot of points. 

Surely the guys in Norman are smart enough to know this was going to happen. HUGE difference in philosophy and play style from Riley to Venables. It'll be a few years before it sticks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

It's gonna be a process for him but if OK can be patient I think he will do just fine there. 

OU big money won't cotton too well to 49-0 beatdowns to their archrival. If they go in the toilet the rest of the year, woof...

Ven might be done after one year. OU is completely uncompetitive in conference after only losing something like 11 conference games in the last 8 years.

2 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

OU big money won't cotton too well to 49-0 beatdowns to their archrival. If they go in the toilet the rest of the year, woof...

I typed that before I knew the score of the game.  That was my bad, I've been at work this morning and not being able to really pay attention. 

7 hours ago, hutchids said:

Ven might be done after one year. OU is completely uncompetitive in conference after only losing something like 11 conference games in the last 8 years.

Gave up 585 yards to Texas.

we could have had him.

If we had anyone at AU in an official capacity with balls right now.