Tua Gets Knocked Out on Thursday Night football

Didba

There's talks that an investigation is going to take place over this. Ain't no way he should have played after last week. 

Man, I hope he has a full recovery from that. 

Edited by AUFightingSoldiers

On 9/30/2022 at 10:11 AM, abw0004 said:

Thats the hit he took against the bills? Lol no one would suspect that to be of any lasting significance even with a little stumble after getting up. I am beginning to think he just has a predisposition for non significant hits and brain shaking that most dont seem to have issues with.. Looks like the dolphins staff were on top of it too pretty quickly there.

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Thats the hit he took against the bills? Lol no one would suspect that to be of any lasting significance even with a little stumble after getting up. I am beginning to think he just has a predisposition for non significant hits and brain shaking that most dont seem to have issues with.. Looks like the dolphins staff were on top of it too pretty quickly there.

He hit his HEAD pretty hard....it bounced on the ground It's not the hit itself from the player that did the damage. The brain injury occured when Tua's head hit the ground so hard. That makes the brain rattle around inside of the skull. The fact that Tua was having difficulty when he got up is a huge red flag. I have a friend who was in a car acident and barely hit her head. She never lost consciousness.  But she was diagnosed with a concussion and has had significant neurological problems since then. It's not always some big huge hit in the head. My concussion was from a garage door falling and I dodged it pretty quickly. It just barely hit me but it was enough to do damage.

Tua should never play again. He's a text book candidate for CTE. 

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

He hit his HEAD pretty hard....it bounced on the ground It's not the hit itself from the player that did the damage. The brain injury occured when Tua's head hit the ground so hard. That makes the brain rattle around inside of the skull. The fact that Tua was having difficulty when he got up is a huge red flag. I have a friend who was in a car acident and barely hit her head. She never lost consciousness.  But she was diagnosed with a concussion and has had significant neurological problems since then. It's not always some big huge hit in the head. My concussion was from a garage door falling and I dodged it pretty quickly. It just barely hit me but it was enough to do damage.

Tua should never play again. He's a text book candidate for CTE. 

Yeah i get it. Tua should never play again because neither hit was of any real significance in the scheme of football hits. I actually feel bad now for the dolphins doctor who got skewered over this as theres not an nfl doctor in the world who would have made a different judgment. Im honestly shocked people are freaking out over this.

• Facepalm 1

Not a good week for Bama QBs. Tua, Jones, and now Young. I’m sure Texas fans aren’t upset about it. 

The Miami Dolphins HC Mike McDaniels is still saying that Tua was wobbly and stumbling sunday against the Bills due to his back and that it had nothing to do with his head. That really pisses me off. Tua's head bounces off the turf, he stands and immediately starts shaking the cobwebs out and the he tries to jog and dang near falls on his face. That's not because of a back injury!!! McDaniels keeps sticking to his guns and telling the media that Tua passed concussion protocols after he went to the locker room in the 1st half sunday. He said that Tua really wanted to get back out there so McDaniels put him back in for the 2nd half and they won. 4 days later we see what happened again to Tua. 

You take the players helmet and tell him he is out!!!! McDaniels knows good and well that a player is gonna play regardless if they're concussed or not. It's up to YOU as a head coach to grow a set and tell him to have a seat on the bench or go to the locker room. 

McNabb cost his Eagles team a possible Super Bowl win by not coming out of the game. He was wobbly, vomiting in the huddle and barely making any sense to his teammates but wouldn't come out. He had a concussion. Favre always stayed in when concussed. They all will because they're Warriors. It's the medical staff and HC job to bench them and tell them no. McDaniels, as well as the team doctor, failed Tua twice in 4 days.

8 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Tua passed concussion protocols after he went to the locker room in the 1st half sunday. 

Well there you go, he passed medical protocols that are league wise. All 30+ coaches would have made the same decision. I agree w tigerbelle that Tua needs to hang it up after this because the two hits he took (if you can call them hits particularly the first one) pale in comparison to what he can and will see as a football player and the guy probably has a predispostion that is atypical. 

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi

On 10/1/2022 at 5:12 PM, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Yeah i get it. Tua should never play again because neither hit was of any real significance in the scheme of football hits. I actually feel bad now for the dolphins doctor who got skewered over this as theres not an nfl doctor in the world who would have made a different judgment. Im honestly shocked people are freaking out over this.

This aged very poorly. 

On 10/2/2022 at 9:11 AM, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Well there you go, he passed medical protocols that are league wise. All 30+ coaches would have made the same decision. I agree w tigerbelle that Tua needs to hang it up after this because the two hits he took (if you can call them hits particularly the first one) pale in comparison to what he can and will see as a football player and the guy probably has a predispostion that is atypical. 

This is laughable. It’s so easy to get concussed even from a hit that doesn’t appear to be that hard. Happened just the other day with a RB too. 

Literally, coaches have come out and said they held players out in similar circumstances. I know Tomlin, and the Bills coach spoke to this as well as their players.

Both hits were textbook hits to cause concussions and most people would be concussed after them. Tons of NFL players opining to this very fact since all this happened. Safe to say you are in the wrong here and don’t know what you are talking about. 

Concussions are nothing to joke about and as someone who had multiple undiagnosed concussions while I was playing and know many people that did, i really don’t appreciate you making light of the situation by saying Tua is “atypical”.

Edited by Didba

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

This is laughable. It’s so easy to get concussed even from a hit that doesn’t appear to be that hard. Happened just the other day with a RB too. 

Both hits were textbook hits to cause concussions and most people would be concussed after them. Tons of NFL players opining to this very fact since all this happened. Safe to say you are in the wrong here and don’t know what you are talking about. 

Safe to say the doctors that cleared him to play dont know what theyre talking about? Look, the hits werent even hits-- tua isnt going to get pummelled at somepoint.  Needs to retire

• Facepalm 1

Just now, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Safe to say the doctors that cleared him to play dont know what theyre talking about? Look, the hits werent even hits-- tua isnt going to get pummelled at somepoint.  Needs to retire

The NFL came out, fired that doctor and said it’s rewriting its protocols because they were too easy for a concussed player to pass it. Literally because of Tua’s injury  

The hits weren’t even hits? Lmao. Let me sling you into the ground like Tua was and you will be concussed. You literally are showing your ignorance with these comments.

Further, we have multiple NFL players/coaches saying the exact opposite of you. The first fall is a textbook way people can fall and get concussions. You are I could fall like that and get one. Many players as well have opined to this. The second hit is a perfect example of a whiplash motion that 99% of the time will give someone a concussion. 

hits don’t have to be big/hard, to give someone a concussion, any type of motion that causes the brain to whip around in the skull can do it.

I think you should do some actual research on the subject because you are very misinformed and sound like an old man yelling about something you know nothing about.  

• Facepalm 1

Would love to hear @bigbird opinion on this as he is a former coach and has some level of a medical degree. 

1 minute ago, Didba said:

The NFL came out, fired that doctor and said it’s rewriting its protocols because they were too easy for a concussed player to pass it. Literally because of Tua’s injury  

The hits weren’t even hits? Lmao. Let me sling you into the ground like Tua was and you will be concussed. You literally are showing your ignorance with these comments.

Further, we have multiple NFL players/coaches saying the exact opposite of you. The first fall is a textbook way people can fall and get concussions. You are I could fall like that and get one. Many players as well have opined to this. The second hit is a perfect example of a whiplash motion that 99% of the time will give someone a concussion. 

hits don’t have to be big/hard, to give someone a concussion, any type of motion that causes the brain to whip around in the skull can do it.

I think you should do some actual research on the subject because you are very misinformed and sound like an old man yelling about something you know nothing about.  

dont you have some actual legal law work to work on? My goodness these paragraphs.. Guy should hang it up. Nfl is in damage control mode but every coach would have put him back in after the bills game. 

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

Would love to hear @bigbird opinion on this as he is a former coach and has some level of a medical degree. 

Should not have been out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

dont you have some actual legal law work to work on? My goodness these paragraphs.. Guy should hang it up. Nfl is in damage control mode but every coach would have put him back in after the bills game. 

Yeah, you can’t refute what I am saying so you come at me with “go do your legal work” smh. Grow a pair dude. If Tua should hang it up after this than all QBs should. Every player. 

I’ve already proven you wrong about your every coach claim. Nice try though. 

50 minutes ago, Didba said:

Yeah, you can’t refute what I am saying so you come at me with “go do your legal work” smh. Grow a pair dude. If Tua should hang it up after this than all QBs should. Every player. 

I’ve already proven you wrong about your every coach claim. Nice try though. 

Haha every coach would have put him back in if cleared which he was..  Who cares what coaches are saying after the fact. It was a weak push down at buffalo and he is going to see a lot worse than that. He should hang it up. We disagree.. Big deal. Youre obviously triggered but oh well. 

Concussion protocol will keep a guy out for 1 or 2 weeks sometimes even more. No way Tua should have been cleared 4 days later for a game. 

A lot of people failed Tua here. There is a long chain of command when it comes to identifying, handling, and assessing concussions in the NFL spanning from the team level all the way to the league. Each game has spotters who will notify a ref that a player looks like he needs to be checked. How did they let him back in the game vs the Bills?? 

The old expression used to be “basketball is a contact sort, football is a collision sport”. It’s the genetics of the game. The “rug some dirt of it and shake it off” guys will diminish the Tua’s impact - it’s a Tuas issue, but it is a damn violent sport even with the new helmets and safety protocols. Concussions  probably happen in a 1/3 of the  games. I’ll be called a hypocrite and a wuss, but I heavily discouraged my sons from playing the sport.

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Radio................... now Ed Harris is who we should be talking about for HC

Nah, I think he was involved in a coup attempt at Alcatraz a few years ago.  Definitely went off the deep end.

• Haha 2