As Florida’s DeSantis roars ‘Onward, Christian soldiers!’ Democrats must get real about religion | Editorial

aubiefifty

15 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

The same people that advocated for defunding the police want open borders.  Blue/red glasses aside, how does that make sense?

lets not forget jan 6 and all your wonderful right wing christians beating police and trying to steal an election by a conman and his enablers? sorry but maybe you need to work on YOUR people more.

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

So you welcome the immigrants?

You support programs to feed the poor, shelter the homeless?

I welcome legal immigrants, they are part of what’s made this country great.

yes - we Christians do this fun thing called tithing, helping others to honor God.  I enjoy supporting food pantry organizations in multiple counties

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

again. i do not know one lib that does not want something on the border. you got a link for that?

I don’t know how to respond to this.  The whole building the wall thing was framed as being racist by the left.  And the simpleton’s ran with it.  Despite Obama lobbying to build a wall just a few short years ago🤣

43 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

lets not forget jan 6 and all your wonderful right wing christians beating police and trying to steal an election by a conman and his enablers? sorry but maybe you need to work on YOUR people more.

You’re looking at things as left vs right only.  I don’t claim all of the people on the right or the left.  I just recommended aligning your religious beliefs with political beliefs to give you some peace

1 minute ago, pensacolatiger said:

You’re looking at things as left vs right only.  I don’t claim all of the people on the right or the left.  I just recommended aligning your religious beliefs with political beliefs to give you some peace

fair game because you mentioned defund the police. my problem is your side will not shut down the stolen election crap and people have died already because of that crap. you sure seem to post a lot of blame on the left and tend to give the right a pass.

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

fair game because you mentioned defund the police. my problem is your side will not shut down the stolen election crap and people have died already because of that crap. you sure seem to post a lot of blame on the left and tend to give the right a pass.

We haven’t had a clean election in years.  See Hillary’s complaints about the 16 election.  Just no one liked her enough to get riled up🤣

1 hour ago, pensacolatiger said:

I welcome legal immigrants, they are part of what’s made this country great.

yes - we Christians do this fun thing called tithing, helping others to honor God.  I enjoy supporting food pantry organizations in multiple counties

Do you think Jesus looks at humans as legal/illegal?

Do you support the government's effort to mitigate poverty?

8 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Do you think Jesus looks at humans as legal/illegal?

Do you support the government's effort to mitigate poverty?

I think there are numerous examples in the Bible of securing borders.  It’s irresponsible of leaders to allow anyone to enter their country unchecked, leaders have a responsibility to protect their citizens.

it’s not the government’s job to mitigate poverty.  It’s the church’s responsibility to support the poor.  Personally, it brings me great joy.  I wish I could do more

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

I think there are numerous examples in the Bible of securing borders

Like when Joshua had the Israelites march around the walls of Jericho for 7 days until the walls collapsed?

I'm pretty sure Jesus preached inclusion and love for all, not exclusion and hate.

10 hours ago, arein0 said:

Like when Joshua had the Israelites march around the walls of Jericho for 7 days until the walls collapsed?

I'm pretty sure Jesus preached inclusion and love for all, not exclusion and hate.

It’s not hateful to secure your border when you’re $31T in debt and can’t afford to provide resources your existing population is clamoring for.  Not to mention, you’re ok w the criminals that come in unchecked?

how are people this bad at math?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 9/28/2022 at 12:39 PM, I_M4_AU said:

If he was only the Governor of Virginia he would have been forgiven.

Robert "KKK" Byrd say "What's up"

The Democrat party that formed the KKK says "What's up"

Edited by keywest
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

23 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

I don’t know how to respond to this.  The whole building the wall thing was framed as being racist by the left.  And the simpleton’s ran with it.  Despite Obama lobbying to build a wall just a few short years ago🤣

i never looked at it as racist as i just thought it was a waste of money. if you google the facts are most of anything illegal comes from one of three legal border crossings with tons of border patrol is they just cannot stop and search every single vehicle. the second largest is the special tunnels they have and there are supposedly hundreds of them. hell they have catapults to toss drugs over the wall. they are also using drones. i dare you to go read the power of the dog trilogy by winlsow. you will learn more from those three novels than just about anything concerning the border as well as the drug wars. as far as being racist yes when your side comes out and agrees with the president they are rapists and murderers and gangbangers when most are just people scared to death and trying to save their family. that is the bottom line. and i would bet my life is jesus was here he would welcome them with open arms. not his republicans for the most part i am afraid.

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i never looked at it as racist as i just thought it was a waste of money. if you google the facts are most of anything illegal comes from one of three legal border crossings with tons of border patrol is they just cannot stop and search every single vehicle. the second largest is the special tunnels they have and there are supposedly hundreds of them. hell they have catapults to toss drugs over the wall. they are also using drones. i dare you to go read the power of the dog trilogy by winlsow. you will learn more from those three novels than just about anything concerning the border as well as the drug wars. as far as being racist yes when your side comes out and agrees with the president they are rapists and murderers and gangbangers when most are just people scared to death and trying to save their family. that is the bottom line. and i would bet my life is jesus was here he would welcome them with open arms. not his republicans for the most part i am afraid.

Jesus could give them all of the bread and fish they need, so sure.  As for you, as long as you’re cool with losing that social security check in few years go ahead and clear the way

2 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Jesus could give them all of the bread and fish they need, so sure.  As for you, as long as you’re cool with losing that social security check in few years go ahead and clear the way

. you know repubs would end social security in a second if they could right? so which one is worse? it is sickening as it was made so elderly folks  and those not able to work maybe would not have to choose between food and meds. i remember when alpo was the fav among elderly and the homeless because it tasted the best. true story. as far as i am concerned i would just have to take the chance. jesus wants us to love the unfortunate and help them not sit around and bitch about money or how they are all thugs and rapist,etc. my view aligns more with helping jesus more than yours. you give yourself away pen. the church has gotten away from worshiping jesus which is the point to worshiping the bible. it has gotten bad and it getting worse.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

It’s not hateful to secure your border when you’re $31T in debt and can’t afford to provide resources your existing population is clamoring for.  Not to mention, you’re ok w the criminals that come in unchecked?

How can you be this bad at Jesus?

Your politics has compromised your religion.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

. you know repubs would end social security in a second if they could right? so which one is worse? it is sickening as it was made so elderly folks  and those not able to work maybe would not have to choose between food and meds. i remember when alpo was the fav among elderly and the homeless because it tasted the best. true story. as far as i am concerned i would just have to take the chance. jesus wants us to love the unfortunate and help them not sit around and bitch about money or how they are all thugs and rapist,etc. my view aligns more with helping jesus more than yours. you give yourself away pen. the church has gotten away from worshiping jesus which is the point to worshiping the bible. it has gotten bad and it getting worse.

You’re kind of making my point for me.  If we can’t help our elderly enough now, how do you think it will be when you add millions more w/ limited resources through illegal immigration.  Yeah, it’s nice to help everybody else……..but what about your neighbors here that need help?

6 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

If we can’t help our elderly enough now, how do you think it will be when you add millions more w/ limited resources through illegal immigration

We are the wealthiest society in the history of human civilization.  It is not that, we cannot.  It is that,,, we will not.

Our religion is capitalism.  Our god is money/power.

9 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

You’re kind of making my point for me.  If we can’t help our elderly enough now, how do you think it will be when you add millions more w/ limited resources through illegal immigration.  Yeah, it’s nice to help everybody else……..but what about your neighbors here that need help?

look let me say this and i am done ok? we are not trying to help cats that want to come to america so they can hit a nice beach and get a good tan while drinking their cocktails. we are trying to help those feeling for their life. but what pisses me off is if you were a refugee and your family was in serious danger you would do every single thing you could to try and save them. so would most fathers or mothers who are legit parents. every single last one of you would seek help. these people have been abused. they are frightened. they rape children like it is nothing. so you rest easy with your stand. but i dare you to tell me you would not seek any means available to save your family and not someone else. you are not aligned with jesus in this so pardon me for not believing in your brand of christianity.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Lol - from the religious expert.  

see? now you are making fun of someone preaching the love of jesus. do you see what you did here? and for those of us struggling you do more to drive me away from christ than you do to draw me to it. love is the higher law. it is just that simple. it might shock you to know i pray to jesus regularly to help change things and get religion back to love instead of what it has become.

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

look let me say this and i am done ok? we are not trying to help cats that want to come to america so they can hit a nice beach and get a good tan while drinking their cocktails. we are trying to help those feeling for their life. but what pisses me off is if you were a refugee and your family was in serious danger you would do every single thing you could to try and save them. so would most fathers or mothers who are legit parents. every single last one of you would seek help. these people have been abused. they are frightened. they rape children like it is nothing. so you rest easy with your stand. but i dare you to tell me you would not seek any means available to save your family and not someone else. you are not aligned with jesus in this so pardon me for not believing in your brand of christianity.

You’re making slot of assumptions there bud.  I’ve sponsored people outside of this country, I have a heart for their needs.  But we have a responsibility to the people here that need help do they aren’t eatting alpo.  And we are not the only country people can immigrate too for safety

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

see? now you are making fun of someone preaching the love of jesus. do you see what you did here? and for those of us struggling you do more to drive me away from christ than you do to draw me to it. love is the higher law. it is just that simple. it might shock you to know i pray to jesus regularly to help change things and get religion back to love instead of what it has become.

Lol - that dude is not preaching Christianity.  He’s an angry little communist that wants to poke holes in anybody’s faith he can.  He’s easy to dismiss

Just now, pensacolatiger said:

Lol - that dude is not preaching Christianity.  He’s an angry little communist that wants to poke holes in anybody’s faith he can.  He’s easy to dismiss

lol i respect that "dude" because he gets it. and now you are slandering him. did he say christians did not have to work? did he tell you how to vote? hell he has not even told you how to live he is just pushing jesus and i have yet to see him take jesus out of context. and you making fun of him is pretty trashy considering the topic. and he is not angry either which i give you a small pass on because you do not know him well. you realize he is speaking of the love of jesus and you are calling him a commie? the point is the churches or many to most of them are failing jesus,period. i believe most of the same things he does. we worship greed when we should be taking care of others. and helping others does not mean a free ride. see how bitter you are? you need to try to get someone else to pile on with you because it is not happening with me. we both think love is the higher law. i have no idea what the hell you are but if you claim christianity you are doing it wrong.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

Did I post anything related to math? I'm pretty sure my post you referenced was only about Christianity?

27 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

lol i respect that "dude" because he gets it. and now you are slandering him. did he say christians did not have to work? did he tell you how to vote? hell he has not even told you how to live he is just pushing jesus and i have yet to see him take jesus out of context. and you making fun of him is pretty trashy considering the topic. and he is not angry either which i give you a small pass on because you do not know him well. you realize he is speaking of the love of jesus and you are calling him a commie? the point is the churches or many to most of them are failing jesus,period. i believe most of the same things he does. we worship greed when we should be taking care of others. and helping others does not mean a free ride. see how bitter you are? you need to try to get someone else to pile on with you because it is not happening with me. we both think love is the higher law. i have no idea what the hell you are but if you claim christianity you are doing it wrong.

You do you bud.  I haven’t seen him preach a thing, just a commie making snarky pokes at a Christian.  If that’s love to you, y’all do your thing.  

But hit me up if you ever want to talk about your faith.  I think some of this stuff you’ve been reading is making you very angry and that’s exactly what the communists want

• Facepalm 1