For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Or we get Deion, win 4 NCs, Saban retires in humiliation, and Harvard renames it self Auburn North. 

Let's just say we should all be big FSU fans for the rest of the regular season.

16 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Let's just say we should all be big FSU fans for the rest of the regular season.

It’s a fair concern (always will be).  It’s a baked in problem. But if he’s all all about competition - ACC, SEC. FSU is a yawner, and while they’re playing wake Forrest, duke, and Pitt - we’re playing….. weekly hyped nightmares on national television. I like our chances

Edited by auburnatl1

15 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s a fair concern (always will be).  It’s a baked in problem. But if he’s all all about competition - ACC, SEC. FSU is a yawner, and while they’re playing wake Forrest, duke, and Pitt - we’re playing….. weekly hyped nightmares on national television. I like our chances

Having (almost) the entire conference to himself? He'd be insane not to take that.

Seriously though, especially with not having an AD yet, we'd better be prepared to go with an "emergency option." Obviously Monken would be my pick in that case especially if he can bring along Dell and Boom.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Haha, I wish I had that kind of pull. I will say that I know for a fact that some prominent people are backing Deion. As I’ve said before though, there’s no official list because we have no AD. Dr. Roberts has a process. Harsin will get fired first, then we’ll hire an AD, who will be the one who hires our next coach. That’s why I don’t take any of these lists you read seriously. No one knows who we will interview or even be a candidate because we haven’t even hired our AD…

U think Harsin is fired b4 we get an AD?

• Dislike 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Because we can't prevent him from having a cell phone and his best recruiting at Ole Miss involved NCAA violations.

Maybe we can add Cricket to our NIL coalition?

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Because we can't prevent him from having a cell phone and his best recruiting at Ole Miss involved NCAA violations.

NCAA is a joke. No such thing as impermissible benefits anymore. Just ask Tennessee

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

NCAA is a joke. No such thing as impermissible benefits anymore. Just ask Tennessee

You are correct. Now everybody can buy players. How will Freeze fare when everybody else can pay just like he was doing at Ole Miss? Now he'll have to deal with a level playing field when it comes to recruiting.

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You are correct. Now everybody can buy players. How will Freeze fare when everybody else can pay just like he was doing at Ole Miss? Now he'll have to deal with a level playing field when it comes to recruiting.

Everybody has been paying players for a long time. 

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Everybody has been paying players for a long time. 

Except for players like Caddy, Carlos Rogers, Ronnie Brown and so forth. Auburn didn't buy them, that was apparent from looking at what those guys didn't have while at AU. Auburn didn't buy Cam Newton, the most intensive investigation in NCAA history proved that. So who, exactly, did Auburn buy? The water boy?

36 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Except for players like Caddy, Carlos Rogers, Ronnie Brown and so forth. Auburn didn't buy them, that was apparent from looking at what those guys didn't have while at AU. Auburn didn't buy Cam Newton, the most intensive investigation in NCAA history proved that. So who, exactly, did Auburn buy? The water boy?

Yeah, your right. AU is the only school that  has never given any $ to players. "AINT NO PROGRAM OUT THERE LILLY WHITE". Pat Dye. So go argue with him.  BTW paying players is more rampant at some schools than others.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mikey said:

How exactly do you know we didn't pay Caddy and them? You don't know for sure. Don't act like you do know our school isn't lily white like you are making it out to be bro. Auburn has been on probation enough to know we aren't lily white. 😂

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

People who think he's just a pushover or just play with the kids, isn't tough, or the salesman I've read that a bunch on here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

People who think he's just a pushover or just play with the kids, isn't tough, or the salesman I've read that a bunch on here.

If Auburn hires Deion would you expect a lot of players leaving as usually happens when a new coach comes on board?

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If Auburn hires Deion would you expect a lot of players leaving as usually happens when a new coach comes on board?

Nope I don't. I expect majority will stay.

But unfortunately it won't be Deion it's gonna be Grimes we all know it because Auburn won't roll the dice and actually do something like that. ( I hope I'm wrong)

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

They will want to stay... but he'll run some off, too.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

But unfortunately it won't be Deion it's gonna be Grimes we all know it because Auburn won't roll the dice and actually do something like that. 

Yep, exactly. It’ll be safe hire and who the Auburn brass will be “comfortable “ with, if you know what I mean. And then we’ll be back here 4 years later wondering what went wrong while Deion is at FSU competing for championships…

• Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yea, I don’t get where people have this notion he’s just in it for himself and doesn’t take coaching seriously. It has more to do with people’s bias towards him than actually doing research and understanding how he has changed his life in the past few years for the better and wants to not only compete at the highest level of college football, but to also mold these players into men…

6 minutes ago, The Freak said:

They will want to stay... but he'll run some off, too.

Yeah but that wasn't the question 😂 I just answered that I think most will want to stay. 

4 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Yep, exactly. It’ll be safe hire and who the Auburn brass will be “comfortable “ with, if you know what I mean. And then we’ll be back here 4 years later wondering what went wrong while Deion is at FSU competing for championships…

I hate to agree becuase I was hoping it would be different but...

16 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

It's hard for me to keep up with all the innuendo on this boards, but are you implying that the Auburn brass is only "comfortable" with white coaches?

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

It's hard for me to keep up with all the innuendo on this boards, but are you implying that the Auburn brass is only "comfortable" with white coaches?

Somewhat. More about Deion’s personality. He brings a lot of social media and attention and Auburn does not like that for their football program. We always have some guy who toes the company line and follows orders and is buddy buddy most of the time with Auburn administration. Deion wouldn’t be like that. They know that they would not be able to control him and that he’s bigger than the program. Deion would laugh in their face when they try to tell him to do something. So, that’s what I mean by being comfortable. Grimes is a JABA and good ole boy hire who they would be comfortable with, someone who wouldn’t be bigger than them…

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think the players would be so happy and excited. I think there would be a few guys we don't have hope for attack football with a new fervor and show some stuff we didn't know they had. If anybody left I think it would be for losing spots or something like that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Yep, exactly. It’ll be safe hire and who the Auburn brass will be “comfortable “

If safe means continuing to piddle around the middle of the pack, having the fan base go nuts after getting spanked by the elite teams year after year, and writing a check for $25m every 3 years because “we’re AU, we’re capable of more”  (I love patterns).Then yes, let’s hire yet another carbohydrate type coach and enjoy being…. comfortable. I sincerely see this as a fork in the road and the options clear - will be interesting to see just how stupid we’re capable of being and for how long.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Somewhat. More about Deion’s personality. He brings a lot of social media and attention and Auburn does not like that for their football program. We always have some guy who toes the company line and follows orders and is buddy buddy most of the time with Auburn administration. Deion wouldn’t be like that. They know that they would not be able to control him and that he’s bigger than the program. Deion would laugh in their face when they try to tell him to do something. So, that’s what I mean by being comfortable. Grimes is a JABA and good ole boy hire who they would be comfortable with, someone who wouldn’t be bigger than them…

I would love to have Deion as our HC I think it's the only way to get out of the rut we're in.  We have to have someone that has flash and personality.  I agree it's probably not something AU would do, it's a shame.

• Like 1