AU v Tenn - Twitter Poll Results

RunInRed

Tennessee had a far worse situation than auburn.. no tank bigsby, no real qb, constant ncaa infraction issues, horrible culture, revolving door of coaches and a God awful defense.. it's not even comparable to be honest

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Like 5

The fact that is is even a discussion is pathetic.

Harsin inherited a viable SEC starting QB, Tank Bigsby, and a GOOD defense. He inherited a roster that never even put up a losing season.

Heupel inherited literal dogshit, and an NCAA penalty. Oh yeah, and any of their actual "good" players transferred out.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Last I checked and I could be wrong but Pruitt didn’t have an issue recruiting the trenches. Gus recruited gadget players, that don’t equate to SEC wins.

Most of their roster transferred out, BRO. Their best OL transferred to Oklahoma. So GTFO with this utter nonsense and stop trying to deflect and make excuses for the loser we have coaching this team.

Heupel got the worst deal and its not even close.  

Its also numbing to see what he has done compared to  Harsin in the same time period.

Its also why I am sick and tired of everyone blaming Harsin’s issues on Malzahn.  Heupel had to practically rebuild UT through the portal since most of their good players transferred out. 

• Like 8

1000% Tennessee and Heupel. Had been a dumpster fire for decades. Very little to no talent and what talent they did have is now starting at Oklahoma, Bama or somewhere else. This isn't even a comparison.

Edited by tigers23

41 minutes ago, metafour said:

Most of their roster transferred out, BRO. Their best OL transferred to Oklahoma. So GTFO with this utter nonsense and stop trying to deflect and make excuses for the loser we have coaching this team.

It’s delusional thinking that the reason we are in this situation is because of Harsin. The water came on this boat under Gus. This ship is sinking and you can replace Harsin with two head coaches (to get your false hope) if you want but it’s going to take a long time to recover from the damage caused under Gus. I’m not a Harsin fan, I’m not a Gus fan, I’m an Auburn fan. I know what our history is at replacing coaches and at best we’ll get another underwhelming hire. Saban isn’t winning with this team. 

Pruitt wasn’t the best head coach but he did understand recruiting and he did understand games are won in the trenches. I’m sure their oline is more talented than ours. You always have a chance to win if you can win upfront. You can win with solid trenches and average skill players. It’s harder to win consistently with weak trenches and above average skill players.

*** BTW a good deal of our roster transferred out of left to. 

Edited by sevenlee36
  • Dislike 1

Tennessee had some solid recruiting classes under Pruitt. The guy was a buffoon but he knew the process. They were not without talent just like we were not when Harsin took over.

I think the difference is Heupel has done a better job filling gaps and developing players.

21 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

It’s delusional thinking that the reason we are in this situation is because of Harsin. The water came on this boat under Gus. This ship is sinking and you can replace Harsin with two head coaches (to get your false hope) if you want but it’s going to take a long time to recover from the damage caused under Gus. I’m not a Harsin fan, I’m not a Gus fan, I’m an Auburn fan. I know what our history is at replacing coaches and at best we’ll get another underwhelming hire. Saban isn’t winning with this team. 

Pruitt wasn’t the best head coach but he did understand recruiting and he did understand games are won in the trenches. I’m sure their oline is more talented than ours. You always have a chance to win if you can win upfront. You can win with solid trenches and average skill players. It’s harder to win consistently with weak trenches and above average skill players.

*** BTW a good deal of our roster transferred out of left to. 

Bro read the room 🤦🤣

2 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

There is no question that Gus left a huge mess. 

He absolutely didn't. Any HC worth a s*** could have came in here, hit the transfer portal hard for OL, and won ~8-9 games in year 1. The defense was good. Also, Bo Nix is clearly showing that he could have been above-average with a competent coach/offense in place.

• Like 5

Interesting but I wish we could get over Bo and Gus. Bo Nix is playing much better. Bo is also playing and a much weaker conference against weaker competition weekly. Gus is still Gus. CBH has regressed this team. IMO all three is valid.

• Like 2