Hars money

aubiefifty

this is a great point i borrowed from the rant. how much does hars make a year? 5 mil sound about right? ok lets jump to his buyout which i was told is roughly 15 million. that is 25 mil in TWO years with nothing to show for it. is that not more than kirby and saban and many other coaches make? and we have done this twice counting gus. so why not look at that and get a top quality coach that will get it done instead of paying guys that are getting more per year and leave us in and shape and having to start all over again. does this make sense to anyone? get a great coach and pay him and be done with this mediocrity.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

this is a great point i borrowed from the rant. how much does hars make a year? 5 mil sound about right? ok lets jump to his buyout which i was told is roughly 15 million. that is 25 mil in TWO years with nothing to show for it. is that not more than kirby and saban and many other coaches make? and we have done this twice counting gus. so why not look at that and get a top quality coach that will get it done instead of paying guys that are getting more per year and leave us in and shape and having to start all over again. does this make sense to anyone? get a great coach and pay him and be done with this mediocrity.

The problem is there are no sure-fire bets. The average team in our position goes through four to five head coaches before they find one who sticks. The people who were doing the hiring at Alabama, A&M, Florida, Tennessee and so forth thought they had found their guy every time too. Most of them were swings and missises.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Give us a name 50.

Tell is who to pursue and who should be thrown $10mill a year to get this program out of the ditch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Give us a name 50.

Tell is who to pursue and who should be thrown $10mill a year to get this program out of the ditch.

The really only  proven guys out there with the resume that would justify paying 10 million a year are guys that most on here aren’t willing to even entertain.    

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

The really only  proven guys out there with the resume that would justify paying 10 million a year are guys that most on here aren’t willing to even entertain.    

Agreed. So why bring “the rant” remarks here when no one on either forum brings forth a NAME that Auburn should pursue?

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

43 minutes ago, keesler said:

Agreed. So why bring “the rant” remarks here when no one on either forum brings forth a NAME that Auburn should pursue?

i try my best to help the fam with articles to read and discuss. what do you do besides bitch about what people to the fam? why the hate? do you use color by numbers when you paint artwork? rolls eyes

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

The problem is there are no sure-fire bets. The average team in our position goes through four to five head coaches before they find one who sticks. The people who were doing the hiring at Alabama, A&M, Florida, Tennessee and so forth thought they had found their guy every time too. Most of them were swings and missises.

And everyone forgets Bama kind of got lucky with Saban. They had Rich Rod all signed up and then he got back on the plane and changed his mind. If he doesn’t do that, the Saban dynasty at Bama likely never happens. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i try my best to help the fam with articles to read and discuss. what do you do besides bitch about what people to the fam? why the hate? do you use color by numbers when you paint artwork? rolls eyes

Help all you can man, this place is overrun with discussion after that circus yesterday.  I’m sure the Rant is ripe too.