new two deep for penn state...one change

aubiefifty

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

Fresno lost to Boise NINE weeks after Oregon.

Oregon also gave up exactly 38 to Utah…twice. It happened. 

They are who Utah thought they were.

So Fresno State should have been vastly improved by week nine but instead lost by 26.

Maybe Oregon was looking ahead to Ohio State last year. And maybe SJSU was looking ahead to us the week before last and just maybe we were looking ahead to PSU. 

Either way, you said earlier our 2018 8-5 season that included a 31 point loss to bama was above average. But now saying Oregon's 10-4 season last year was not good because they lost to Utah twice. So is 8-5 above average or is 10-4 unacceptable because we have to go undefeated? I am just trying to follow the logic.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

Bottom line is AU struggled to beat a 5-7 Mountain West Conference team, who struggled to beat Portland St, by single digits.

No objective. That’s the facts.

If that’s not alarming, just wait a few games…you too will be disgracing Harsin. As if no one else has. *eyeroll*

I look at things a little more rational and having one year and 2 games isn’t long enough to turn around the dumpster fire that was left. The only thing that’s disappointing is the lack of support from select fans and boosters that Harsin has gotten. This discussion in 100 different threads has taken beating a dead horse to a different level.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

If anybody thought we wouldn't suck loudly this year, you weren't paying attention 'round about February of this year.

Funny…I was the ONLY one saying it loudly here in early November…three months before the S hit the fan in February. 

And NO ONE here shared the same belief. Funny eh?

I get it…sometimes things just have to obliterate before their eyes in order to see it. And even then, some of those folks are still standing outside their mangled, totaled car asking if it can be fixed.

• Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

Funny…I was the ONLY one saying it loudly here in early November…three months before the S hit the fan in February. 

And NO ONE here shared the same belief. Funny eh?

I get it…sometimes things just have to obliterate before their eyes in order to see it. And even then, some of those folks are still standing outside their mangled, totaled car asking if it can be fixed.

I’m not blind.  I see that the car needs fixed.   But AU gave the last guy 8 years to fix the car.   According to you, you didn’t even give this guy one.   And by the way, 8-4 is an average season to me.   

6 hours ago, nurbis said:

So Fresno State should have been vastly improved by week nine but instead lost by 26.

Maybe Oregon was looking ahead to Ohio State last year. And maybe SJSU was looking ahead to us the week before last and just maybe we were looking ahead to PSU. 

Either way, you said earlier our 2018 8-5 season that included a 31 point loss to bama was above average. But now saying Oregon's 10-4 season last year was not good because they lost to Utah twice. So is 8-5 above average or is 10-4 unacceptable because we have to go undefeated? I am just trying to follow the logic.  

9 weeks is 8 weeks longer than 1 week. A team can vastly improve or worsen in 9 weeks more than a 1-week stretch. Multiple factors at play, injuries, etc.

8 wins is 2 wins more than 6 wins. 6-6 is an average season. 8 wins is…you guessed it…above average.

You demonstrated how teams can vastly differ throughout the season. I demonstrated how Oregon allowed Utah to score the exact same points on them twice. To boot…Oregon scored 7, then 10 on Utah. 

So you came here to argue stats, facts and probabilities. If so, you picked the wrong guy to do so. You will die a slow Sarlacc stomach death. God be with you.

Edited by Viper

2 hours ago, e808 said:

I disagree because the San Jose State game probably didn’t go as planned. He threw that one pick and didn’t really a chance to make up for it . TJ has more turnovers than him justified or not it’s still a turnover. IDK how CBH gonna handle it but the teams run average is significantly higher when Robby is in the game

If you can’t do Step 1, I’m not sure how you get trusted to do Step 2. Not much reason for TJ and Rob to be playing with exactly the same expectations, if TJ has been the leader from day 1 like CBH has stated 

Rob had to do extra to get what he wanted, and he unfortunately didn’t 

28 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If you can’t do Step 1, I’m not sure how you get trusted to do Step 2. Not much reason for TJ and Rob to be playing with exactly the same expectations, if TJ has been the leader from day 1 like CBH has stated 

Rob had to do extra to get what he wanted, and he unfortunately didn’t 

That maybe true but his contribution were pretty significant outside of the pick.  Like I said it’s unfortunate the last game was so close that he didn’t get a chance to atone for his mistake. The oline has been decent in pass pro but poor in run blocking. Either the oline gonna get nasty and start blocking or u gonna chance TJ running some. Otherwise Robby helps open up the run the game. I guess we will have the answers Saturday

2 hours ago, nurbis said:

There ain't no logic

2 hours ago, e808 said:

That maybe true but his contribution were pretty significant outside of the pick.  Like I said it’s unfortunate the last game was so close that he didn’t get a chance to atone for his mistake. The oline has been decent in pass pro but poor in run blocking. Either the oline gonna get nasty and start blocking or u gonna chance TJ running some. Otherwise Robby helps open up the run the game. I guess we will have the answers Saturday

I don’t know if having a guy that is as limited in playbook knowledge and pass ability, just bc he can help the running game. If TJ can be as stellar in the intermediate as he was last game (unlikely), that’d help the running game itself. And the good run fronts are just going to play press cover, bring up multiple LBs near the line and force Robby to throw anyway.

Weve seen Robby’s style work against one weak opponent and we’ve seen TJ work in another. Essentially, we’re back where we were before week 1 in terms of where Robby stacks against TJ

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 6:02 PM, gr82be said:

This is awesome. 

Thanks for pointing this out. Nice to see something important amongst all the meaningless chatter (myself included). 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I’m not blind.  I see that the car needs fixed.   But AU gave the last guy 8 years to fix the car.   According to you, you didn’t even give this guy one.   And by the way, 8-4 is an average season to me.   

Nope I didn't. When a guy comes from 2000 miles away reciting the creed anyone from Persia can recite via a google search, color him a fraud.

10 minutes ago, Viper said:

I wonder WHO will be the last one to jump off the ledge

The OP started a thread about the 2 deep for the Penn St game. And once again, u hijack the thread talking about your hate for Harsin. Everyone on here knows you won't be satisfied till he is run off. You despise the man. We all get it

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Dude,everyone on here knows you despise Harsin and want him gone at all costs. You want be satisfied until he is gone. We get it.

And YOU will be WRONG when it happens.

18 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I won't run off in exile IF it happens

I have been on the interwebz posting positively for the Auburn Tigers for the last 23 years.

IF Harsin wins 8+ games this season, you will be the first person I will admit I was wrong.

I GUARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-FKNNNNNNNNNNNNN-TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED ($1 to Chuck Barkley) you won't admit a DAMN thing if he is FIRED.

You will never be heard from again. So just go ahead and admit you were WRONG.

6 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

I look at things a little more rational and having one year and 2 games isn’t long enough to turn around the dumpster fire that was left. The only thing that’s disappointing is the lack of support from select fans and boosters that Harsin has gotten. This discussion in 100 different threads has taken beating a dead horse to a different level.

The only dumpster fire left was the OL. Harsin refused to recruit it, either via recruiting or through the portal. There's a reason Tank only rushed for only 51 yards. It ain't because he's a scrub.

Edited by Viper

30 minutes ago, Viper said:

I have been on the interwebz posting positively for the Auburn Tigers for the last 23 years.

IF Harsin wins 8+ games this season, you will be the first person I will admit I was wrong.

I GUARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-FKNNNNNNNNNNNNN-TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED ($1 to Chuck Barkley) you won't admit a DAMN thing if he is FIRED.

You will never be heard from again. So just go ahead and admit you were wrong

K.

Edited by NWALA Tiger

1 hour ago, cbo said:

Thanks for pointing this out. Nice to see something important amongst all the meaningless chatter (myself included). 

57 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

C07BD141-CB82-4E9E-A6E5-59AD49EE4C53.gif

Band name 😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Dude, what do u want me to admit? I have no control if he is fired or not. Unless the wheels fall off I don't  think he should be. But it's not all consuming to me like it is to you. If he is fired, he is fired. If he is not, he is not. Sometimes I think you have chased one too many parked cars.. I'm moving on from this conversation. 

No. You will never move on from this conversation until Harsin is fired. You get more silent the more AU under-performs. Just do us all a favor and tap out.

5 hours ago, Viper said:

9 weeks is 8 weeks longer than 1 week. A team can vastly improve or worsen in 9 weeks more than a 1-week stretch. Multiple factors at play, injuries, etc.

8 wins is 2 wins more than 6 wins. 6-6 is an average season. 8 wins is…you guessed it…above average.

You demonstrated how teams can vastly differ throughout the season. I demonstrated how Oregon allowed Utah to score the exact same points on them twice. To boot…Oregon scored 7, then 10 on Utah. 

You have to know the team to know what is average for them. 6-6 is equal in wins/losses but not average.

• Like 1