Orange -Out Game Against PSU

toddc

On 9/12/2022 at 6:04 PM, aubiefifty said:

if i am not mistaken i believe we have just been killed every single time we wore orange jerseys. i am not even sure if you can google that so maybe one of the guys knows. i am afraid we jinx ourselves.

Well we've lost more in Blue than Orange 😉

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I agree with you to a certain extent.  We lost our “Waaaaaaar Eagle, hey!” at kickoffs, too. Music drowns that out.  But I love being in the stadium and I think it’s probably the same in other stadiums, as well.  

I can hear it on the radio loud and clear 

Waaaaaaaaaar Eagle 🦅 hey!

• Like 1

I hope the players don't know too if they go with Orange.  Get the players jacked up first, then they will send even more energy.  I want a dang Earthquake to measure on the seismograph.

Edited by AUBwins

1 hour ago, toddc said:

I can hear it on the radio loud and clear 

Waaaaaaaaaar Eagle 🦅 hey!

That’s good to hear.  They had started playing music on the big board right up until the kicker started approaching the ball.  It just seemed like it used to be a longer War Eagle.  No matter. We haven’t given up that tradition and that makes me happy.  😊

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I think when UGA did the blackout the players warmed up in their normal gear and when they came back into the locker room the black jerseys were waiting.  That’s the way to do it

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 5:04 PM, aubiefifty said:

if i am not mistaken i believe we have just been killed every single time we wore orange jerseys. i am not even sure if you can google that so maybe one of the guys knows. i am afraid we jinx ourselves.

We'll actually during the Barfield's tenure we were 2-1-1 in orange. Overall it's something like 41 wins and 42 losses, so basically .500 in orange. Yes, the blue or white jerseys were so much better for us last year...not. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I think when UGA did the blackout the players warmed up in their normal gear and when they came back into the locker room the black jerseys were waiting.  That’s the way to do it

And they lost badly. Not that it matters what they wore or what we are going to wear. The team on the other side is just better. 
I think it is just an orange face mask. 

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

And they lost badly. Not that it matters what they wore or what we are going to wear. The team on the other side is just better. 
I think it is just an orange face mask. 

I was talking about 2007 when they beat Auburn

https://youtu.be/rRJ-if-MBug

Edited by Win4AU

• CBH On orange jerseys: “Yeah, I might like it. I’ve seen the orange jerseys from the past and, yeah, I think that’s something that Auburn has done, so it’s not too far fetched… I also think that’s something that people would be excited about… You’re asking about a guy that came from a program that had probably 25 different combinations of uniforms, but I like the tradition, I really do.”
  • Love 1

Our orange jerseys (in any sport) are ugly as sin. And it just doesn't look like Auburn.

Keep the orange as an accent color and let's rely on traditional blue or white as the primary color (which always rate high in the best looking uniform polls).

Leave the "clown color" to schools like Clemson. (Course, their alternative is purple so they're gonna be ugly regardless.;D)

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

I’m pumped to see the Orange unis. I’ll just say this. It’s following a not-great pattern that other great programs have tried when in the doldrums lately.

Tennessee - started to suck, started to experiment with their unis.
Florida State - started to suck, started to experiment with their unis.
Florida - started to suck, started to experiment with their unis.
Nebraska - started to suck, started to experiment with their unis.
Michigan - started to suck, started to experiment with their unis.

I just wish we were doing this under better circumstances. Seems like it’s a desperate attempt to gain momentum.

Traditionalist can get over themselves. Bring the orange. Go watch baseball if you are that invested in tradition . Oops, even that organization is changing with the times. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Coincidence that it’s in Orange…

I don’t think so!

AF8226FD-7765-412E-B9EF-AA88B161E489.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I’m pumped to see the Orange unis. I’ll just say this. It’s following a not-great pattern that other great programs have tried when in the doldrums lately.

Tennessee - started to suck, started to experiment with their unis.
Florida State - started to suck, started to experiment with their unis.
Florida - started to suck, started to experiment with their unis.
Nebraska - started to suck, started to experiment with their unis.
Michigan - started to suck, started to experiment with their unis.

I just wish we were doing this under better circumstances. Seems like it’s a desperate attempt to gain momentum.

We’re as impotent since the 2020s began as we were from the back half of 2014 to 2016. We had 1 10 win season from 2014 to 2022. WHY would Auburn think this would “gain momentum” and why would they specifically try that act of desperation now during a 2-0 start instead of the myriad of much worse starts we’ve had??

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Traditionalist can get over themselves. Bring the orange. Go watch baseball if you are that invested in tradition . Oops, even that organization is changing with the times. 

See, you’re gonna lose me. People can’t just have a one-off. Now it’s “who cares about tradition”? Most Auburn fans do.

If you want to mention baseball, the Yankees, Dodgers, and most all the big MLB brands will have one-off uniforms every now and then. But their default uniforms have remained basically the same for 100+ years.

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We’re as impotent since the 2020s began as we were from the back half of 2014 to 2016. We had 1 10 win season from 2014 to 2022. WHY would Auburn think this would “gain momentum” and why would they specifically try that act of desperation now during a 2-0 start instead of the myriad of much worse starts we’ve had??

We’re not “impotent”. 2004: Perfect Season (a NC in actuality). 2006: 11 wins. 2010: Perfect and a NC. 2013: NC game. 2016: Big 6 Bowl. 2017: Game away from CFP. 

It’s been peaks and valleys but we haven’t had an extended period of irrelevance like those teams I mentioned. I hope we aren’t starting one now. 

(Also what “much worse” starts have we had?)

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

We’re not “impotent”. 2004: Perfect Season (a NC in actuality). 2006: 11 wins. 2010: Perfect and a NC. 2013: NC game. 2016: Big 6 Bowl. 2017: Game away from CFP. 

It’s been peaks and valleys but we haven’t had an extended period of irrelevance like those teams I mentioned. I hope we aren’t starting one now. 

(Also what “much worse” starts have we had?)

Why would you list a multitude of years that didn’t fit in the range I clearly listed? Yeah we look real bad right not compared to when we were consistently successful..we hadn’t been consistently successful in quite a while 

If you are saying that we are starting to show some noticeable downtrend, one that would require some desperate intervention, and I can provide you a span of time where we were just as average, then it doesn’t exactly make sense to say we’re in a noticeable down trend. If potentially 3 straight meager seasons is what you are calling a span of alarm, we already had that (in the time I listed). I don’t see how we are more irrelevant in the 2 1/6 years of football we’ve played in the 2020s, than how we were from 2014 to 2016. 

There were worse starts in 2015 (if you want to depict a 2-0 team that struggled mightily against a bad team) and in 2016 (1-2 out the gate, with one of the losses being the most embarrassing offensive display had by the then head coach at that point).

All in all, there’s no logical reason to believe that there’s more of a reason to do something desperate than there would’ve been at virtually any point from 2015 on 

• Like 1