Orange -Out Game Against PSU

toddc

41 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Semi controversial opinion, our cheers kinda suck anyway. Track em is dumb. Bodda Getta is the best and im cool with it. Two pence is just there as the forgotten stepchild.

Cheerleaders... AWESOME. Our cheers, not so much 

I'll double down one more with you:

The band's in-between play songs are also tired.  We've played the same little 10-20 second things for 25+ years and its predictable as hell.  Would love a little variety.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Semi controversial opinion, our cheers kinda suck anyway. Track em is dumb. Bodda Getta is the best and im cool with it. Two pence is just there as the forgotten stepchild.

Cheerleaders... AWESOME. Our cheers, not so much 

I believe it's two bits. Two bits is equivalent to twenty five cents so that explains the escalation through the cheer. Agree with your assessment though, Track em is a bit lame. 

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I believe it's two bits. Two bits is equivalent to twenty five cents so that explains the escalation through the cheer. Agree with your assessment though, Track em is a bit lame. 

You're 100% right. Remember kids, never type and talk at the same time or you'll mess up 😅😅

16 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'll double down one more with you:

The band's in-between play songs are also tired.  We've played the same little 10-20 second things for 25+ years and its predictable as hell.  Would love a little variety.

Also kinda true

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

D. Hall feeds off of these orange games. I can’t wait to see him hit em with the archery!

BEFBCA56-F894-427F-B2EE-F53E4A2B14E3.jpeg

You can look, but you can't touch!

War Damn Hall!

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You can look, but you can't touch!

War Damn Hall!

I still curse you every day for taking my hero. But it’s all good. My crush is only  *checks notes* number 2 on Auburn’s all time scoring list.

image.gif.dba8af0ccd56f3dace009e30a685e226.gif

• Love 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I still curse you every day for taking my hero. But it’s all good. My crush is only  *checks notes* number 2 on Auburn’s all time scoring list.

image.gif.dba8af0ccd56f3dace009e30a685e226.gif

My gut said Scott. I knew he was gonna ball out. Kid is special, But My heart is with Hall!

1 minute ago, ElkRiver said:

I live on Elk River

I live in Athens and my parents lived on Elk just upstream from Anderson Creek on the east side.

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

My gut said Scott. I knew he was gonna ball out. Kid is special, But My heart is with Hall!

Hall looks like he was created in NCAA Football 2014. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My opinions, as if anyone cares. 😂

I think it’s more important that the fans wear the orange than the team does, to show support. I don’t care if you don’t want to wear orange, that’s fine.  Just don’t come to the stadium. 😁

I agree with the cheers.  I hate 2 bits, but it’s been around forever, so I guess it’s tradition.  It’s got to be the first cheer that little kids are taught, so I guess it perpetuates the family atmosphere? 🤷‍♀️

I’m not upset with the band playing the same tunes.  It’s just background noise. 

It’s just comforting for everything to be the same, especially if you’ve been around as long as I have, 45 years going to games.  I understand the desire to change it up from the younger people though.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I was both a player and cheerleader figure that one out.....................

"...and the two shall become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one flesh." 

Am I heading in the right direction?

• Love 1

STULTZ: It's time to bring out the orange

1641570019268-1965.jpg

Before we begin, let me say to the traditionalists: I'm with you. I understand. I love the fact that Auburn keeps its jerseys the same and doesn't have 1,041 or so combinations like Oregon and other schools. I get it.

But imagine this scenario. In its navy blue tops, Auburn goes through warmups on Saturday as usual. The crowd, waiting for the Tigers to take on No. 22 Penn State, is already amped up. Then, the smoke comes up and out of the tunnel in the south end zone emerges a team wearing orange tops. The crowd, already at a 10 and with all due respect to This is Spinal Tap, takes it to 11. 

How amazing would that be? If that doesn't give you chills, you are either a Penn State fan or dead. Possibly both.

Aubie performs in front of the band.
Aubie performs in front of the band. (Robin Conn/AuburnSports.com)

We all are fans of the traditional uniforms Auburn wears. But this game, with a Big Ten team visiting Jordan-Hare Stadium for the first time and a chance to show that this Auburn team should be taken seriously, is crucial. It is critical for a coaching regime looking to make a statement and a program looking for the respectability it is usually given. 

While old-timers might not like the idea, some important people do: the players. Oh, you forgot about the players that put their butt on the line for the program and university every day? Listen to what they say when asked about coming out in orange jerseys.

"That's definitely something that I would like to see," Derick Hall said.

"It would be sweet if that happens," Owen Pappoe stated.

There have only been a couple of moments over the years that the Tigers went away from uniform protocol. In the 2019 Outback Bowl, Auburn sported gray face masks and a No. 7 on one side of a helmet to celebrate the life of Pat Sullivan. Last year, against Penn State, white face masks were worn with the all-white uniforms. Against Ole Miss, the Tigers went with orange face masks.

Those are simple changes. And yes, I understand the history of Auburn wearing orange tops. Forget that. That's another team. That's another decade. That's another coach. And I get that the last time Auburn sported these jerseys, Doug Barfield, the football equivalent of Tony Barbee for Auburn fans, was the coach. 

I also recognize the fact that the chances of this happening are about as good as me winning the US Open. There are long odds, and then there is Auburn going this much against tradition. But, in my opinion, this would send Jordan-Hare Stadium over the top.

Derick Hall said that the White Out at Penn State last year was great, but there is nothing like the atmosphere in Jordan-Hare. Auburn fans are ready to show out, as is the team. Add in another level to that, and it becomes Iron Bowl electric.

And it's not like Auburn fans haven't seen the impact of one of these types of games. The infamous Black Out in Athens is still resting in the memory of everyone who watched that game, along with the Bulldogs – not to mention Verne Lundquist – dancing to Soulja Boy. We saw what that did to Georgia the night Mark Richt finally got a hair up his butt to do something different.

No, the color of Auburn's jerseys on Saturday won't be the final determination of the game's result. As Hall also said, "We're just ready to line up and play ball." However, let's stray from the traditional ol' Auburn for one game.

An All Auburn, All Orange complete with orange jerseys? It's time.

Auburn players hyped about 'Orange Out' planned for Penn State game

Ellie Oldham

Photo by Erik Rank/Auburn Live

AUBURN– The uniform combination for the Auburn football team for Saturday’s “Orange Out” against Penn State remains somewhat of a mystery thanks to Tigers’ players and the official football Twitter account.

As soon as Auburn announced that the Penn State game was an “Orange Out” in the offseason, fans have been wondering how the Tigers were going to tie this into their uniforms.

Many people have been wanting to see orange jerseys in Jordan-Hare, but captain Derick Hall broke the news that the orange face masks will make their return when asked if he would want the new jerseys.

“That’s definitely something that I would like to see, just a little bit of change up- things like that,” Hall said. “I know we’ll have the orange face masks and the other accessories, so we can’t complain. We’re just ready to line up and play ball.”

Auburn switched up the traditional face masks for the first time in a while when they wore white masks at Penn State last year during the infamous “White Out.” For Halloween this past year, Auburn switched it up again with orange face masks during the 31-20 win against Ole Miss. They only made an appearance one other time, though, during the 24-22 loss against Alabama in November.

When Hall and Owen Pappoe were asked if they think orange jerseys will make an appearance, they both responded by talking about the “tradition” that Auburn has with their jerseys. This makes it seem like they don’t really think it will happen, but are holding out hope for the chances.

“That’d be nice, but Auburn is very traditional so I don’t think that’s going to happen,” Pappoe said. “It would be sweet if that happened, though… I mentioned it to them a couple of times, even last year, but I don’t know. We’re going to see.”

Could Auburn wear orange jerseys? It seems unlikely, but that hasn’t stopped Auburn Football on Twitter from stirring the pot.

We’ll see what happens on Saturday, but if players are hyped up about the uniform combination, maybe that’s all that matters.

Edited by toddc

14 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

My opinions, as if anyone cares. 😂

I think it’s more important that the fans wear the orange than the team does, to show support. I don’t care if you don’t want to wear orange, that’s fine.  Just don’t come to the stadium. 😁

I agree with the cheers.  I hate 2 bits, but it’s been around forever, so I guess it’s tradition.  It’s got to be the first cheer that little kids are taught, so I guess it perpetuates the family atmosphere? 🤷‍♀️

I’m not upset with the band playing the same tunes.  It’s just background noise. 

It’s just comforting for everything to be the same, especially if you’ve been around as long as I have, 45 years going to games.  I understand the desire to change it up from the younger people though.  

The trend toward a booming sound system playing hip hop between every play and an LED light show during every TV time out is making cheerleaders and marching bands irrelevant and obsolete  

21 hours ago, Win4AU said:

All Orange has always looked the best in my opinion.  Never really dug the blue outs.  White outs just don't make sense to me since our primary colors are orange and blue.  stripe the stadium never really stands out with the blue for whatever reason.  The big question is this when the orange unis come out?  Might as well pull that band aid off and see how AUful or AUsome they look.

The stadium stripes don't work so well because the people in the stands don't adhere to it stringently. If you see any of the photos of the stadium interior during the game, there are enough folks wearing blue in the orange sections and vice versa that the contrast is dulled. Not to mention, there's a wide variety in the shades of each color that fans sport to the games. 

All this does is make me want b-ball season to hurry up and get here. 😆 

3 hours ago, ElkRiver said:

The trend toward a booming sound system playing hip hop between every play and an LED light show during every TV time out is making cheerleaders and marching bands irrelevant and obsolete  

I agree with you to a certain extent.  We lost our “Waaaaaaar Eagle, hey!” at kickoffs, too. Music drowns that out.  But I love being in the stadium and I think it’s probably the same in other stadiums, as well.  

21 hours ago, jptiger said:

Ugg. I don’t know about this. 

This is Harsin's program.  He needs a gimmick.  Unless he knows we are going to absolutely win this game, he shouldn't do it.  I don't care at this point.  This is not a traditional Auburn team with talent so orange is okay.  

Edited by Auburn93