Finley steps up his play for win

aubiefifty

20 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Bo was 21 years old and in his 3rd year.   TJ has yet to make a calendar year as a QB 1.   No one is saying TJ has to progress.  My point is we looked past Bo's flaws as a veteran QB yet hold TJ to these unrealistic standards.   

TJ has been playing in the SEC for 3 years. Yes, he hasn’t played as many games but the years are there. Again Bo wasn’t the greatest but he does have some good wins on his resume to date TJ doesn’t have that. However, a win Saturday with him as a starter would go along way. 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

yet we are ready to kick him off the team.  

This is bull crap. Nobody said this.

People sure are quick to dump on the Auburn Family.  TJ is debateable. This sight has done a great job of debating these QB's diplomaticly. These pointless mischaracterizations just need to stop.

5 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

This is bull crap. Nobody said this.

People sure are quick to dump on the Auburn Family.  TJ is debateable. This sight has done a great job of debating these QB's diplomaticly. These pointless mischaracterizations just need to stop.

This is hilarious

22 minutes ago, e808 said:

TJ has been playing in the SEC for 3 years. Yes, he hasn’t played as many games but the years are there. Again Bo wasn’t the greatest but he does have some good wins on his resume to date TJ doesn’t have that. However, a win Saturday with him as a starter would go along way. 

Talking wins is hollow, just because we won and Bo was the QB....what does that mean? Bo played on teams with a much better defense as well.  Bo wasn't some general holding the team together. Bo had more opportunities, give TJ a bunch of opportunities it seems he'll get better too

32 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Talking wins is hollow, just because we won and Bo was the QB....what does that mean? Bo played on teams with a much better defense as well.  Bo wasn't some general holding the team together. Bo had more opportunities, give TJ a bunch of opportunities it seems he'll get better too

Hollow or not. If he get criticized for losses . He should get credit for wins. I get it some don’t care for Bo. He wasn’t the greatest but can’t act like he didn’t do anything to contribute to the team.

Unfortunately,  TJ is in a bad situation where Auburn is coming off a losing season and improvement in wins is needed. I don’t think CBH is in a position to have much patience if it isn’t resulting in wins. No insider just a guy on the board

Edited by e808

58 minutes ago, e808 said:

TJ was forced into starting in 2020 and 2021 due to injuries of the QB1.   This is his first season to get QB1 reps in preseason.  If you don't understand how big that is for development, I don't know what to tell you.   

3 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

TJ was forced into starting in 2020 and 2021 due to injuries of the QB1.   This is his first season to get QB1 reps in preseason.  If you don't understand how big that is for development, I don't know what to tell you.   

Forced or not he played in real games as a starter. Not just that but in SEC games. Was he at practice or doing something else. He was 2nd string backup and sure he got reps. If u do research  he probably has gotten a lot more starts than the usual back up turned starter.

For example Mac Jones played even less than TJ did before playing Auburn and dude played like he started all year.

Like I said above a win against Penn State would do wonders

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

His stats sure don’t agree. If I remember correctly JJ had a problem with watching the rush too much to go through QB reads. TJ doesn’t seem to have that problem. His stats are also about where we were last year with Bo and he is just beginning. He may not work out but I don’t see writing him off based first 2 game results.

I can see your point and do it without a silly ass thumbs down. Thanks for your feed back. That's how we learn from each other. 

36 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

I can see your point and do it without a silly ass thumbs down. Thanks for your feed back. That's how we learn from each other. 

Gotcha. Sorry about that. Posted the thumbs down then thought I should explain what I saw differently. Glad I didn’t use a face palm, you might have talked about my mama. lol

13 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Gotcha. Sorry about that. Posted the thumbs down then thought I should explain what I saw differently. Glad I didn’t use a face palm, you might have talked about my mama. lol

Dude I am just so happy to see someone with a sense of humor these days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That "talk about my momma " phrase reminds me of a line from Smokey and The Bandit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, e808 said:

Hollow or not. If he get criticized for losses . He should get credit for wins. I get it some don’t care for Bo. He wasn’t the greatest but can’t act like he didn’t do anything to contribute to the team.

Unfortunately,  TJ is in a bad situation where Auburn is coming off a losing season and improvement in wins is needed. I don’t think CBH is in a position to have much patience if it isn’t resulting in wins. No insider just a guy on the board

Absolutely if you get criticized you should get the credit, many didn't really give Bo the criticism though, the wr and o line received the bulk share of that. But that's neither here or there. And it's not a dislike for Bo as much as a dislike for the way his super fans would absolve him from anything and pass it on to the other players and then at the very end making him a martyr. He absolutely contributed the best he could. 

I don't disagree with the stuff you say in theory but I strongly disagree in you trying to make it that Finley have all this experience. 

• Like 1

If TJ’s stat line was 12/15, 158 yards, 1 rushing TD, and zero turnovers, would you be pleased?

That’s exactly what his stat line was after the INT.  

Edited by AUinMS9528
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

hank you can change that thumbs down. any in fact. click it again and you can start all over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

If TJ’s stat line was 12/15, 158 yards, 1 rushing TD, and zero turnovers, would you be pleased?

On the season, TJ is 22 of 34, 65% completion, with a 8.2 average. I'll take that all day. 

But 3 INT's on 34 attempts against this competition is worrisome. 

I think both sides are pretty fair at this point. Let's give him a chance, but there is cause for concern. 

2 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Exactly, not terrible. Just kinda ugly.