fiddys observations ....add if ya got one

aubiefifty

if we start out sloppy do not panic. we are 23 point favs and i would bet my house they have been working on penn state while playing these cupcakes. i still think we will dominate easily. anyone got anything?

try not to panic when you realize that our foe today has beaten our coach before.

i am risking a timeout here fellows and no response?

It looks like SJSU plays right into our hands.  Run game isn’t good, susceptible to the pass rush and not good on D.    If we play a strong game we could double-cover the spread.   

• Love 1

52 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

It looks like SJSU plays right into our hands.  Run game isn’t good, susceptible to the pass rush and not good on D.    If we play a strong game we could double-cover the spread.   

i like the way you roll. i think you might be right. i believe i read where those guys have no one over a threehundred pounds

i say it is so bad the student section leaves early. um with an auburn win.lol

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

if we start out sloppy do not panic. we are 23 point favs and i would bet my house they have been working on penn state while playing these cupcakes. i still think we will dominate easily. anyone got anything?

I'm picking a close game, hopefully not as close as the Georgia State game.  It is still too early to see Harsin trends but until that time I'm going with a 27-20 Auburn win.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, pod said:

I'm picking a close game, hopefully not as close as the Georgia State game.  It is still too early to see Harsin trends but until that time I'm going with a 27-20 Auburn win.  

I'll add if Ashford could come out throwing accurately it would be very beneficial. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pod said:

If this happens it’s going to be a long year! On the flip side I’ll be bass fishing a lot.

Edited by toddc
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Harsin can motor. Went for a walk this morning. Coach out for a run at Grand National, said good morning and ran on past. The man can move and doesn’t blink at a hill.

3BB71B4C-C503-4A1E-A260-833E5E08DDDE.jpeg

5 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Harsin can motor. Went for a walk this morning. Coach out for a run at Grand National, said good morning and ran on past. The man can move and doesn’t blink at a hill.

he was afraid you were gonna try and slip him the tongue or something probably.....grins

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i like the way you roll. i think you might be right. i believe i read where those guys have no one over a threehundred pounds

Which describes our center!!

• Like 1

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Which describes our center!!

this is true hank but harsin said he makes up for it with his playing attitude. i think these days they say a great player has to have some dawg in em. i guess we will find out. hars could have been just throwing coach speak out there.

I like your positive attitude fifty!!! I think we will do well, but this SJSU should be better than Mercer.  Given the close games today, I hope we can crack the top 25 with a win.  But one game at a time, guys.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

That's funny. I think it was on Tiger Talk last week he was asked about his game-day routine and he said he makes it a point to go for a run on game-days. Sometimes he'll work out as well.

22 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I like your positive attitude fifty!!! I think we will do well, but this SJSU should be better than Mercer.  Given the close games today, I hope we can crack the top 25 with a win.  But one game at a time, guys.  

The so-called experts in the media have no respect for us this year.   I think we’re going to have to beat someone with a pulse before we get any respect.   Maybe we crack the top 25 next week after we beat PSU.   But if we continue to take care of business, the respect will eventually come.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

i think espn has us at 27 so maybe we do some cracking.................

• Like 1

Just now, AUinMS9528 said:

The so-called experts in the media have no respect for us this year.   I think we’re going to have to beat someone with a pulse before we get any respect.   Maybe we crack the top 25 next week after we beat PSU.   But if we continue to take care of business, the respect will eventually come.  

people still think there is trouble at auburn is my guess. i also think they do not realize we got some great players in the portal either. all that gloom and doom last year hurt us but i think we will move beyond it. we control our own destiny. it is all about winning games and if we do everything will take care of itself. that is my honest opnon. we start in an fpi at 42 and i readif i understood it right it is now 27 so that shows some kind of love from someone. and i think mercer might be one of the better cupcakes we have played.

6 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

He's in phenomenally good shape. There's a reason he can get out there and do the drills with the players still.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I'm not worried about getting in the top 25 this week. I'm worried about taking care of business so that a win next week puts us there regardless. I'd almost rather that we not vault into the rankings even if we do win handily, though in truth I don't think it really matters.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

He's in phenomenally good shape. There's a reason he can get out there and do the drills with the players still.

something tells me he is not the one you would want to pick a fight with either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I'm not worried about getting in the top 25 this week. I'm worried about taking care of business so that a win next week puts us there regardless. I'd almost rather that we not vault into the rankings even if we do win handily, though in truth I don't think it really matters.

the flip side my friend is if they make it it should give them more confidence maybe? this is why i would want to see it.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

something tells me he is not the one you would want to pick a fight with either.

Yeah, he seems like the scrappy type that would take your best shot and just smile at you maniacally. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

the flip side my friend is if they make it it should give them more confidence maybe? this is why i would want to see it.

Well, it just feels like we haven't earned our way into the rankings yet. Beating Mercer and San Jose St (assuming we do) isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

• Like 2