Auburn launches collaborative NIL program with Dyehard Sports

aubiefifty

Auburn launches collaborative NIL program with Dyehard Sports

Published: Sep. 07, 2022, 7:20 p.m.
3-4 minutes

Auburn is rolling out a new way for alums, boosters, and friends to support their favorite Tiger athlete with their partnership with Dyehard Sports. The university announced the collaborative initiative to bring a broad-based name, image, and likeness Wednesday via press release.

“This partnership between Auburn Athletics and Dyehard Fan Supply represents a victory for Auburn student-athletes and fans,” Auburn Executive Associate Athletic Director Djenane Paul said. “The Auburn Family will be able to purchase apparel, jerseys, and merchandise of their favorite players with a portion of the revenue directly benefiting the student-athlete whose name, image, and likeness is portrayed.”

That’s right; if you want to buy a jersey of your favorite Tiger now, it’ll be a lot easier. Fans can now create custom Auburn apparel using the preferred student-athlete name and number, Auburn logos, and more. Many fans would likely want jerseys for running back Tank Bigsby, linebacker Owen Pappoe, or EDGE rusher Derick Hall.

Read More Auburn Football: Bryan Harsin believes in 12-team College Football Playoff model

Jarquez Hunter is ready for more touches after scoring 3 TDs

What we learned from Auburn’s 42-16 win against Mercer

Recently medically retired center Nick Brahms chose a different teammate for the jersey he’d buy. Not so shockingly, he picked a fellow offensive lineman.

“I think it’s great. They came in here and talked with us as a team, and I think it’s a great idea. Really I think the jersey I’m going to buy is an Austin Troxell jersey,” Brahms said. “Selling the most; I hope Trox sells the most because that’s my dog. But I think probably Tank, OP, all those guys who have been here a while and had a lot of success.”

Brahms entered college before NIL became the new law of the land. However, he got to see the benefits firsthand last season.

“I’ve been able to build a little nest egg of money and really just kind of try to set myself up for the future in investments and stuff, Brahms said. “I think that’s a positive.”

Brahms also hopes the program can help athletes learn more about finances.

“Financial literacy is big, especially for guys who make it to the NFL. You know you want to start that probably as early as you can,” Brahms said. “Because once you get the NFL, if you’re a first-round draft, you’ve got millions of dollars, right? Some guys don’t know how to handle that, so maybe if they get a little bit of money in college, they get a little bit of experience with that.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1