FBI reportedly found nuclear info at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate

aubiefifty

FBI reportedly found nuclear info at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate

Published: Sep. 07, 2022, 6:56 a.m.
2-3 minutes

Donald Trump

Former President Donald Trump speaks at a rally in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., Saturday, Sept. 3, 2022. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)

The Federal Bureau of Investigation found a document with nuclear information during its search at former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate, according to a new report.

Sources told The Washington Post that FBI agents found papers detailing a foreign government’s nuclear capabilities and other military defenses during the Aug. 8 search at Trump’s Florida home that was authorized by an FBI affidavit. The foreign government was not identified by the publication’s sources.

Roughly 11,000 documents and 1,800 other items were seized from Mar-a-Lago as part of a criminal investigation into Trump’s handling of national defense information. About 100 of the documents contained classification markings, according to the Associated Press.

A search warrant showed the Justice Department was investigating the potential unlawful retention of classified records as well as obstruction of justice. The National Archives recovered 100 documents with classified markings, totaling more than 700 pages, from an initial batch of 15 boxes retrieved from Mar-a-Lago.

On Monday, U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon authorized an outside legal expert known as a “special master” to review the records taken during the Aug. 8 search at Mar-a-Lago. The expert would have power to weed out any material that might be protected by claims of attorney-client privilege or executive privilege.

Cannon, who was appointed by Trump in 2020, has faced criticism over her decision that could delay the investigation. Trump’s former attorney general, William Barr, told Fox News on Tuesday that the opinion was “deeply flawed in a number of ways.”

The Justice Department said it objected to Cannon’s order because officials had already completed their review of potentially privileged documents, but has not said whether it will appeal the decision.

so they wanted to lock hill up. i call firing squad or prison for trump.

• Facepalm 1

waiting on JJ to do a drive by and tell us it is ok for trump to do that or it is fake news.................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 things here:

1, Who is leaking all of this stuff?  I thought investigations were held tight to the vest. And

2, The nuclear information had was on a foreign government not US secrets?  How is this earth shattering news?  Was this the only information about this foreign government and the DOD didn’t have a copy?

Nice misleading headline, but what do you expect from this *democracy dies in darkness* media outlet.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

2 things here:

1, Who is leaking all of this stuff?  I thought investigations were held tight to the vest. And

2, The nuclear information had was on a foreign government not US secrets?  How is this earth shattering news?  Was this the only information about this foreign government and the DOD didn’t have a copy?

Nice misleading headline, but what do you expect from this *democracy dies in darkness* media outlet.

When he said he could shoot a guy and his supporters wouldn’t mind, he was thinking about guys like you.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

When he said he could shoot a guy and his supporters wouldn’t mind, he was thinking about guys like you.

I’m not giving the guy a pass, I just would like to know how the game is played.  The raid has been executed and the leaks are strategic to keep this story in the headlines.  This isn’t how investigation are suppose to work is it?

Its the same playbook used by the press during the Russia Hoax.  Can you see this?  Its weaponizing the DOJ.  If you’re going to indict him (please do) make it appear on the up and up.  This is just a witch hunt for public opinion.

• Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Are you seriously suggesting that having a foreign government's defense secrets unsecured isn't a major issue? What if it's a friendly government? If that information fell into the wrong hands it would be unforgivable. Best case situation is that information is never utilized, but how could allies trust us after that?

What if it's Israel? The entire world knows they have nukes, but their full defense capability has always been a closely guarded secret. That information would be worth an insane amount to hostile nations and terrorists.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Are you seriously suggesting that having a foreign government's defense secrets unsecured isn't a major issue? What if it's a friendly government? If that information fell into the wrong hands it would be unforgivable. Best case situation is that information is never utilized, but how could allies trust us after that?

What if it's Israel? The entire world knows they have nukes, but their full defense capability has always been a closely guarded secret. That information would be worth an insane amount to hostile nations and terrorists.

He’ll ultimately excuse anything by Trump.

• Like 1

Trump was protecting the country.  These secrets needed to be kept from the Biden regime.  Trump had to take these files to protect America.

Trump has proven his character and integrity time after time.  The man is the very benchmark of ethical behavior.

The FBI and the DOJ are corrupt.  This is Mark Felt all over again.  Just a witch hunt to hurt the GOP and our greatest president in history.  The DOJ and the press are the shadow government, the deep state.  Pompeo broke up the communists in the state department.  Unfortunately, the communists in the DOJ are still entrenched.

Trump was ordained president by God.  How can anyone but an atheistic commie doubt Trump.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m not giving the guy a pass, I just would like to know how the game is played.  The raid has been executed and the leaks are strategic to keep this story in the headlines.  This isn’t how investigation are suppose to work is it?

Its the same playbook used by the press during the Russia Hoax.  Can you see this?  Its weaponizing the DOJ.  If you’re going to indict him (please do) make it appear on the up and up.  This is just a witch hunt for public opinion.

how many times have you guys looked into biden jr and hillary? you are smarter than that. they all do it. i will say this it is all over the news so it is not fake. i spent four years in the pentagon with a top secret security clearnce and if i did what trump did i would die in prison. that is fact. it will be interesting how this plays out because it is most definitely against the law. but they will come up with some crap and not make an ex pres go to jail but if they did do it it would sure wake folks up. this stuff also does not seem like much to you but the people that provided this info could be at risk among other things.......

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

22 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i spent four years in the pentagon with a top secret security clearance and if i did what trump did i would die in prison

Come clean Fitty.  You were smart enough not to take the documents you stole to your Palm Beach estate.  Tell us about that secret mini storage unit you have rented in Pell City.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

No, I’m suggesting that the headline indicated Trump had nuclear information, that echoed what was said in an earlier leak, and now we find out it was not US secrets, but a foreign country.  If you believe Trump would have sold this information to another government, please prove it.  Please and let this end.

The DOJ should put up or shut up.

37 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i spent four years in the pentagon with a top secret security clearnce and if i did what trump did i would die in prison

You would spend the rest of your life in prison if you did what Hillary did also.  Yes, they all do it.  Prove something, y’all’s opinion doesn’t count in a court of law.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, I’m suggesting that the headline indicated Trump had nuclear information, that echoed what was said in an earlier leak, and now we find out it was not US secrets, but a foreign country.  

It was never specified whether the information was about us or a foreign country, and the articles I read and news reports I heard were quite clear about that. Did your news sources specifically state they were US secrets, or did you jump to that conclusion?

35 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What do you think they're trying to do? Good Lord, you act like if someone isn't convicted within a couple of weeks then there is clearly no case. The entire reason it's taken so long for this all to come to a head is because they made numerous attempts to end this quietly and amicably until they had to act, yet you were attacking everyone involved for jumping the gun and not trying any reasonable measures to recover the documents before the raid. Which way do you want it? Do you understand how ridiculous you sound?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

What do you think they're trying to do? Good Lord, you act like if someone isn't convicted within a couple of weeks then there is clearly no case. The entire reason it's taken so long for this all to come to a head is because they made numerous attempts to end this quietly and amicably until they had to act, yet you were attacking everyone involved for jumping the gun and not trying any reasonable measures to recover the documents before the raid. Which way do you want it? Do you understand how ridiculous you sound?

Good points. Perhaps the total of everything runs together. The very same people on this board have been telling us Trump was going to be convicted for six long years. And nada.

You should commend @I_M4_AU for offering an opposing viewpoint. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Leftfield said:
1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

It was never specified whether the information was about us or a foreign country, and the articles I read and news reports I heard were quite clear about that. Did your news sources specifically state they were US secrets, or did you jump to that conclusion?

No they didn’t specify, but most people ran with *giving away US nuclear secrets* in their narrative.  Just because they didn't clarify doesn’t mean people will assume facts not brought forward.

33 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

What I think they are doing is trying the case in the public by all the *leaks*.  The DOJ should just do their job and be quiet about it.  Of course, that won’t be advantageous for the mid terms would it?

To the bolded part:  No I don’t, but thank God you’re around to tell me.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No they didn’t specify, but most people ran with *giving away US nuclear secrets* in their narrative.  Just because they didn't clarify doesn’t mean people will assume facts not brought forward.

My point is they did clarify. Every report I saw stated that it was not known if the nuclear secrets belonged to the US or a foreign power. Does that guarantee that all news outlets pointed that out? No, but the major outlets did.

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What I think they are doing is trying the case in the public by all the *leaks*.  The DOJ should just do their job and be quiet about it.  Of course, that won’t be advantageous for the mid terms would it?

Laughable, since Trump has consistently done more to keep the case in the public eye than anything the DOJ has done. I personally prefer that their work be done quietly, as well, but I can't fault them for making sure Trump can't completely control the public narrative. 

And let's not pretend that leaks aren't part of any major investigation.

22 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

To the bolded part:  No I don’t, but thank God you’re around to tell me.

I'm sure you'll take it to heart.

• Facepalm 1

32 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Good points. Perhaps the total of everything runs together. The very same people on this board have been telling us Trump was going to be convicted for six long years. And nada.

Very same people as what?

33 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

You should commend @I_M4_AU for offering an opposing viewpoint. 

If it had any basis in logic, and was consistent at all, I might.

• Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Very same people as what?

If it had any basis in logic, and was consistent at all, I might.

Sorry if you are confused. To clarify I mean a few posters have repeatedly posted the message. You do a great job and thanks.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I'm sure you'll take it to heart.

Rest assured I will take your comment with as much seriousness as I do Homer’s.  You guys are a lot alike.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, I’m suggesting that the headline indicated Trump had nuclear information, that echoed what was said in an earlier leak, and now we find out it was not US secrets, but a foreign country.  If you believe Trump would have sold this information to another government, please prove it.  Please and let this end.

In case you hadn't noticed, one of Trump's judges just made a ruling that will essentially halt and delay their investigation for months.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/06/politics/bill-barr-special-master-doj-trump/index.html

Classical Trump tactics whenever he gets in legal trouble - delay delay, delay.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Rest assured I will take your comment with as much seriousness as I do Homer’s.  You guys are a lot alike.

Thanks for the compliment.  I wish I had his temperament.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Trump was protecting the country.  These secrets needed to be kept from the Biden regime.  Trump had to take these files to protect America.

Trump has proven his character and integrity time after time.  The man is the very benchmark of ethical behavior.

The FBI and the DOJ are corrupt.  This is Mark Felt all over again.  Just a witch hunt to hurt the GOP and our greatest president in history.  The DOJ and the press are the shadow government, the deep state.  Pompeo broke up the communists in the state department.  Unfortunately, the communists in the DOJ are still entrenched.

Trump was ordained president by God.  How can anyone but an atheistic commie doubt Trump.

JJ ?     Is that you?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Thanks for the compliment.  I wish I had his temperament.

He’s not as old as you, just wait.

• Haha 2