Hypothetical Weather Question

JMassie11

As of now weather doesn’t look great. With the scheduled start time being late you think there’s a possibility of the start time changing?

I bought tickets and am bringing my family to this game, haven't been to one in years, but I am wondering about weather also.  Doesn't look good.  😟

Edited by Macoland
word

Start time is usually up to the TV schedule. I rather doubt they're going to move it to earlier to avoid weather. . . much as I wish they would.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Start time is usually up to the TV schedule. I rather doubt they're going to move it to earlier to avoid weather. . . much as I wish they would.

Oh I understand the TV reasons. Only reason I even ask is it’s saying thunderstorms meaning lightning again which could possibly push the game past midnight 

• Like 1

Just now, JMassie11 said:

Oh I understand the TV reasons. Only reason I even ask is it’s saying thunderstorms meaning lightning again which could possibly push the game past midnight 

I don't think they adjust game times for things like that. I mean, it would make sense, but then the TV schedule would be all messed up. TPTB care more about the TV schedule than the possibility of a delay in a game that will *hopefully* not be competitive.

Looks like I will be getting home at 2:30 AM again this weekend.  Let's get our bad weather games out of the way now.  The bright side is it cools the temperature down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Looks like I will be getting home at 2:30 AM again this weekend.  Let's get our bad weather games out of the way now.  The bright side is it cools the temperature down.

Getting home that late is what I’m trying to avoid lol and I snagged good seats for Saturday too

Lightning delays are a staple every season.

The only weather instances in which a game has been moved up or moved elsewhere is due to a tropical storm, hurricane or fire.

Edited by Viper

3 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

As of now weather doesn’t look great. With the scheduled start time being late you think there’s a possibility of the start time changing?

ESPN won't reschedule their televised game due to the possibility of thunderstorms. 

I'm more annoyed about weather/thunderstorms effecting play and the ability for our team get a good "dry-run" in before Penn State

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I'm more annoyed about weather/thunderstorms effecting play and the ability for our team get a good "dry-run" in before Penn State

Maybe it will rain for the PSU game.  Advantage Auburn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Maybe it will rain for the PSU game.  Advantage Auburn.

We'll be experts on rain/lightening delays

• Like 1

If they delay, and the crowd leaves, move the game into the indoor facility.  Not really.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

On the bright side this will help my plan to butter myself up and streak the field.  I will be impossible to catch.  It will be like a bunch of kids in a pool trying to catch a watermelon.  Not to mention I run like a Cheetah.

Edited by abw0004
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

On the bright side this will help my plan to butter myself up and streak the field.  I will be impossible to catch.  It will be like a bunch of kids in a pool trying to catch a watermelon.  Not to mention I run like a Cheetah.

Bet it makes ESPN (at least the follies).

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I’m in . What gate are we going through? I too can run like a spooked deer my friend . 

Well I can’t run so I’ll be run defense for y’all! 😝 

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

@JerryAUalways there to thumbdown the fun stuff.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I’m in . What gate are we going through? I too can run like a spooked deer my friend . 

So I am in section three so I will go from there.  I am trying to convince my lady-friend to tackle the nearest event security guard so I can get through.  I have also paid off the concession stand workers that are working right under section three to let me use the popcorn butter.  This way I don't even need to smuggle in Country Crock.  Besides, popcorn butter is better for your skin and makes you look like the Toga flag bearer at the olympics.

illegal-olympic-gif.gif.3890c3f11b35ce4b26663f8142bb5559.gif

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

We will get a weather delay and ESPN will replay the Turds vs UGA title game fir the 1000 time. 

Split screen, Saban-cam on the left