SJSU at Auburn Score Prediction

Zeek

401403870.png

Who? San Jose State University @ Auburn University

What? Game 2 of the 2022-23 season. Both teams head into this evening game (1-0).

When? 6:30 PM CST

Where? Jordan Hare Stadium. Streaming on ESPNU.

Why watch? Auburn had an up-and-down season opener against Mercer. There's a quarterback controversy and a lot yet to be seen. SJSU barely pulled out their home opener against Portland State, but they flashed potential at various times last season. The Tigers can't afford to get caught looking ahead to Penn State.

Betting Line: Auburn -22.5

Personally, I'm taking Auburn to cover.

Auburn 45 - SJSU 10

• Like 1

A cleaned up version of the O we showed Mercer scores 55 on San Jose State. SJS scores b/c sounds like Harsin & co feel gap b/w our 1st & 2d string D is b/c 2d string needs playing time.

Still waiting for that 60 yarder from Carlson 

55 - 21

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

A cleaned up version of the O we showed Mercer scores 55 on San Jose State. SJS scores b/c sounds like Harsin & co feel gap b/w our 1st & 2d string D is b/c 2d string needs playing time.

Still waiting for that 60 yarder from Carlson 

55 - 21

I'd be a little upset giving up 21 but love the guys getting playing time.

• Like 2

No prediction but our play better improve. This week will probably bring a better competition but still not really test us but we need to use this game improving on things. Biggest thing I see is for TJ to do a better job reading the field and leaning to throw the ball where only an Auburn receiver can catch it.   No 50/50 balls where you “ hope” our receiver gets it. Also Harsin needs to make it known failure to make good throw and good judgement will have consequences . Players always need to know that mistakes come with a price. I do feel comfortable with Roby and I would like us to use the SJ game to give Matt some playing time. Doesn’t hurt to have reliable backup, so use all the backups if we get a big lead even if it makes the game a little closer. 🤔

52-10

Offense is cleaned up a little, start throwing in a little more plays/more scheme.  Turnovers fixed.  We see heavy rotation at QB early and often.
TJ 16-20 200yds and 3 TDs
Ashford 4-8 65yds passing, 80yds rushing 1TD

Tank over 100 2TD out early
Hunter 80 1TD
Alston gets his 1st TD

Defense pretty much shuts down SJSU.  They were pretty bad week 1 vs Portland State.

Easy Cover

• Like 1

Auburn 53

SJSU 13

Need to get at least 300 on the ground. TJ (or whoever the hell can) needs to take total control of the game and do work. This is the last warm up game. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Little faith in the Spartans, eh?

3 scores is all the respect I'm willing to give. 😁

• Love 1