info on streaming

aubiefifty

folks i went to youtube yesterday and typed in the auburn mercer game and it just popped up. no download or special app set up was required. all i had to do was hit the skip the ads button. i am not sure if i got lucky or if that is their set up but it is worth remembering just in case. if anyone has more info let us know. i missed the first half and then when the weather delay hit i passed out and missed most of it.lol

10 minutes ago, lala said:

How do you listen the football game on a AU radio station in Atlanta  and on what app?   

google auburn radio in atlanta i guess. when you stream and use the radio at the same time it is out of sync or so i have been told. um you can bring up auburn radio online as well i just never do it. sorry i cannot help you more.

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 1

https://auburntigers.com/sports/2018/6/15/auburn-sports-network-listen.aspx

Select the "computer" link. You can stream the live radio broadcast (or replays) direct from the Auburn Network source.

Many years ago Radioio and iheartradio used to be decent, but are now exercises in frustration to find local affiliates and actually stream what you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

folks i went to youtube yesterday and typed in the auburn mercer game and it just popped up. no download or special app set up was required. all i had to do was hit the skip the ads button. i am not sure if i got lucky or if that is their set up but it is worth remembering just in case. if anyone has more info let us know. i missed the first half and then when the weather delay hit i passed out and missed most of it.lol

I've gotten lucky like that before - someone is just live streaming and they may or may not catch it and shut it down.  

• Like 1

What's the deal with the live streams with a homebrew commentator? Too numerous to count for every team out there. They'll be one of the links you find on youtube labeled "live stream" for any current sports event. It's just some weird dude with team memorabelia in the back ground of his basement, a video switch, webcam, studio mic, and game audio. Most seem to be pounding one liquor or another. Mildly amusing for 5 minutes. I guess they make a few bucks through stream donations. I found one for AU v Mercer that looked like Morning Joe. Very uncomfortable to only have that virtual buddy to stare at (and stare at me), have no game video,  and have him talking over the audio. Would rather just listen to the AU audio feed or watch ESPN gamecast without audio.

Here's to Auburn getting back to major TV broadcast status vs being buried in the HAM radio airwaves.

24 minutes ago, AUx said:

https://auburntigers.com/sports/2018/6/15/auburn-sports-network-listen.aspx

Select the "computer" link. You can stream the live radio broadcast (or replays) direct from the Auburn Network source.

Many years ago Radioio and iheartradio used to be decent, but are now exercises in frustration to find local affiliates and actually stream what you want.

Needed this last night when driving back to ATL after the weather delay.  Once you get past the LaGrange exits the Columbus AU station starts to fade.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Needed this last night when driving back to ATL after the weather delay.  Once you get past the LaGrange exits the Columbus AU station starts to fade.

Your chauffeured Escalade doesn't have mobile Starlink for video??