SEC in Week 1

AURex

So Oregon is annihilated by UGA. Of course, we expected that from the defending national champions.

Then Florida beats up on the PAC12 champion Utah.

The Hogs take care of business against last year playoff team Cincinnati.

These are all quality teams. I'm not interested in SEC teams vs powderpuffs. Just the strong match-ups.

So the PAC12 and Power5 teams can fight it out against each other, but it is like kids playing against each other in backyard ball. Fun to watch, yes! But not going to make it into the big league.

When the playoff expands to 12 teams, maybe one of these teams will be included just to assure inclusion of minor-leaguers. But really, today, they didn't earn a spot on the radar.

15 hours ago, AURex said:

So Oregon is annihilated by UGA. Of course, we expected that from the defending national champions.

Then Florida beats up on the PAC12 champion Utah.

The Hogs take care of business against last year playoff team Cincinnati.

These are all quality teams. I'm not interested in SEC teams vs powderpuffs. Just the strong match-ups.

So the PAC12 and Power5 teams can fight it out against each other, but it is like kids playing against each other in backyard ball. Fun to watch, yes! But not going to make it into the big league.

When the playoff expands to 12 teams, maybe one of these teams will be included just to assure inclusion of minor-leaguers. But really, today, they didn't earn a spot on the radar.

I watched some of most of theses games, mainly because I was unable to watch the AU game.  Re UGA:  no drop-off from last year - dayum they looked great.  Oregon was pitiful in tackling but nothing they did couldn't change the fact that they didn't have near the athletes that UGA had.  Utah vs UF:  UF hung in there, but I felt that Utah gave them that win.  Utah QB made a terrible interception on 2nd & goal at the end with a few seconds left.  Had he thrown it away instead of trying to force a throw to his receiver on the ground(!) then Utah could have easily kicked a FG to send the game into OT.  The win should help UF's confidence.  

There are 2 teams in the entire country that are better than everyone else … and they are our biggest rivals. 

after that I think TN and FL are good, there a bunch of teams that are ok (like us). 

Edited by gr82b4au

LSU just lost a mistake riddled game to Florida State. Now watch, when LSU comes to Jordan Hare, they will play a mistake free football game.

15 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

There are 2 teams in the entire country that are better than everyone else … and they are our biggest rivals. 

after that I think TN and FL are good, there a bunch of teams that are ok (like us). 

FL is very beatable.  Spy AR and they're toast.

As my high school football coach used to always say: "There's the best, and then there's all the rest".

The Best: UA,UGA.

The rest: everybody else. 

I don't think any team in the country can truly compete with either UA or UGA, outside of rivalry games.  Which gives us a chance.  IMHO.

Edited by MaxCohen216