Daren Bates goes off on AU boosters & hilarious roast of Jimmy Rane/Yellawood

Tiger

you still have to wonder how much truth is in some statements about some folks. no one wants to put anything on rane but i remember when he was on the sideline with tubs showing his behind. so i say he interferes when he can. i do not think he is trying to hurt auburn but i guarantee you he has a say so and anyone that does not believe that needs to wake up. and who is it......tj jackson that has been reporting to bosses what he sees happening since dye and not one person has ever claimed that is not true. one person years ago said he was a paid tattletail. so who knows? and if rane is donating millions he deserves to know what is what at least. i felt i needed to throw the last sentence in there as i have no axe to grind with the man because i believe he has done a lot for us.

If I'm not mistaken Bates was on the Chizik teams that had Tim Jackson sitting in on defensive meetings so he has seen first hand the meddling that happens

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Did he really just start out by criticizing coaches for throwing the ball on 3rd and 10? 

I'm thinking he started to say "throw a 6-yard out on 3rd-and-10" but for some reason didn't complete the thought.

I dunno...guessing here. :big:

Bates ain't the only former player to call out our boosters. Cubelic did it too back in February. He says an AD gotta make compromises from the beginning with these boosters to avoid future power struggles. His examples...

"No booster I cannot allow you to call the plays, but I will get you a headset. It won't have a mic so you can't talk, but you'll hear everything the coaches are saying."

"No booster I cannot get you a locker in the players locker room, but I'll have a custom made replica sent to your office so that you can dress up and play the fight song before work"

"No booster I cannot have Coach Harsin have Sunday brunch after every game, but I'll make him go to Sunday brunch with you after 3 or so games this year."

"No booster I cannot have Coach Harsin send you a goodnight text every night of the week, but I'll have him send one 3 nights a week."

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Bates ain't the only former player to call out our boosters. Cubelic did it too back in February. He says an AD gotta make compromises from the beginning with these boosters to avoid future power struggles. His examples...

"No booster I cannot allow you to call the plays, but I will get you a headset. It won't have a mic so you can't talk, but you'll hear everything the coaches are saying."

"No booster I cannot get you a locker in the players locker room, but I'll have a custom made replica sent to your office so that you can dress up and play the fight song before work"

"No booster I cannot have Coach Harsin have Sunday brunch after every game, but I'll make him go to Sunday brunch with you after 3 or so games this year."

"No booster I cannot have Coach Harsin send you a goodnight text every night of the week, but I'll have him send one 3 nights a week."

Lmao if these are the things the boosters want it's no wonder we have had long standing issues

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If I'm not mistaken Bates was on the Chizik teams that had Tim Jackson sitting in on defensive meetings so he has seen first hand the meddling that happens

Nope. Bates can't know what he's talking about. He's just a former player

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That’s what Jay G said too. Wait a second? Big bird, how do you feel about bourbon?

Love some

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Love some

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Love some

Nah you’re not Jay G. Your answer was too simple. Jay G would have gone off on a tangent about how superior bourbon is to every drink, including water.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EagleEye67 said:

I'm thinking he started to say "throw a 6-yard out on 3rd-and-10" but for some reason didn't complete the thought.

I dunno...guessing here. :big:

You know, the idea that he legitimately might have been about to say that and switched directions makes me feel better. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you still have to wonder how much truth is in some statements about some folks. no one wants to put anything on rane but i remember when he was on the sideline with tubs showing his behind. so i say he interferes when he can. i do not think he is trying to hurt auburn but i guarantee you he has a say so and anyone that does not believe that needs to wake up. and who is it......tj jackson that has been reporting to bosses what he sees happening since dye and not one person has ever claimed that is not true. one person years ago said he was a paid tattletail. so who knows? and if rane is donating millions he deserves to know what is what at least. i felt i needed to throw the last sentence in there as i have no axe to grind with the man because i believe he has done a lot for us.

Boy do I vividly remember that, SCREAMING at Tubs while cameras were running.....

• Like 1

For a guy that seems to apparently control all of Auburn, when was the last time Jimmy Rane actually got what he supposedly wanted? 

His name has literally become synonymous to the Boogeyman. It's really idiotic. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, metafour said:

For a guy that seems to apparently control all of Auburn, when was the last time Jimmy Rane actually got what he supposedly wanted? 

His name has literally become synonymous to the Boogeyman. It's really idiotic. 

I guess just seeing Napier tonight and how things may or may not have went down makes people frustrated. I desperately hope you and Biscuits are right, as you both make our current problems sound very easily solvable.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

The way I see it, the big time boosters have always meddled in the football program at Auburn. I think that goes on at every SEC school though so it's interesting that it is seen as such a problem at Auburn. After attending Auburn and as a life long fan I will say there is no denying that the negative stuff that happens at AU frequently doesn't seem to happen at other schools though. Why that seems to be more of a problem at Auburn I will never understand. There are super rich boosters at every SEC school. 

• Like 1