why are people racist?

aubiefifty

On 9/10/2022 at 9:01 AM, DKW 86 said:

At the sound of being called crazy: I have military minded people, even true PhD professors that are obsessed with "Fighting even though you know it is over, even if it costs you your life" 

IE: The Confederates knew by April 1864 that the War was likely lost, By January 1865 it was a certainty and yet they fought on...FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS. Slavery, Wealthy Land Owners that cared nothing for the middle class but to exploit them. For horrible living conditions and wealth inequity. But still, they honored their oaths and fought on, knowing it was a lost cause.

IE The German Army/Navy/Luftwaffe in WWII. They fought on long since knowing they had no chance to win. 1944 and on the tide had long since turned against the GERMAN PEOPLE. But yet again they had TAKEN OATHS to Hitler. The good in people makes them want to honor oaths they take, even when reason tells them clearly that they have long since lost. 

I am very curious about this phenomenon. Why do people fight on against hopeless odds and follow people that are leading them into certain defeat? Why do I and many more care? We may be about to see this happen with the MAGA Right. 2022 is now looking like a certain loss. trump associated candidates are losing their asses. And yet they fight on.

"With all the ridiculous statues, flags, celebrations, meetings, and worst of all... the desire to make it institutionalized.  There was nothing good about MAGA Culture."

This is a very good post. Very thought provoking.

48 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

This is a very good post. Very thought provoking.

Not very original. Some have been comparing Nazi’s and Maga’s for a while. No great new phenomenon for people to continue fighting for a lost cause. Human nature in a way.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Not very original. Some have been comparing Nazi’s and Maga’s for a while. No great new phenomenon for people to continue fighting for a lost cause. Human nature in a way.

I didn't read that as his only purpose being to compare MAGA and Nazis.  He is correct about the phenomenon and I think he laid it out in a very thought provoking way.  That is all.