why are people racist?

aubiefifty

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Wow, bro, this did not age well...You hands down win the BS Award today.

Thank you. Sounds like you were clueless back in the day. Just like today.

I will give you the Virtue signal award for your subsequent post. You fit in perfectly. Well done. Bro.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Thank you. Sounds like you were clueless back in the day. Just like today.

I will give you the Virtue signal award for your subsequent post. You fit in perfectly. Well done. Bro.

Why thank you Sir...

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

There is some racism in every aspect of life and in many decisions. 

Dr King said that he wanted to see people judged and awarded based on the content of their character and not the color of their skin. I have tried to lead my life based on Dr King's humble request. I have been called "N-Word Lover" most of my life. My second son openly calls me Pops. He is Latino. My third son, my Timothy if you know what that means, is Mulatto, in his own words. Kim and i have supported a Guatemalan family and a Eswatini Family. Their son is Nkosingphile Mfetswa he writes us several times a year. If he comes to America to study we will sponsor him too.

When I was in the Nuclear Navy i learned that everyone is blue. It's why they treat us all the same. It does teach you to be more impartial and more open minded. We were also taught to watch gay shipmates to see if they exhibited any signs of being black-mailed when they handled classified documents. Never were asked o report them nor hurt them. They were shipmates just the same. I say Nuclear Navy because my average ship mate was likely college educated or would be by the time they were 25. I understand that others in the service did not have the same experience.

Navy IDs 56 Ways to Fix Inequality in the Ranks in the Wake of George  Floyd's Death | Military.com

great response to jj.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

4/100

4 a day is gonna take a while................lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

4 a day is gonna take a while................lol

Yes it will.  I’m now 6/100

ETA:  post more for awhile.

Edited by I_M4_AU

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes it will.  I’m now 6/100

ETA:  post more for awhile.

this could be over if you were not so cheap.

• Like 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

A dollar a like, not bad.

7/100

you missed one.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you missed one.

3 in the *not so hidden* thread

1 in the *CNN Purge* thread, and

4 in this thread.  You’re right its up to 8/100

ol fiddy is the sexiest man alive and brings love and joy to aufam.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

ol fiddy is the sexiest man alive and brings love and joy to aufam.

Better. 9/100

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Better. 9/100

ok you finally liked something for a laugh so you are off the hook. thanx for being a good sport but i have always sensed that about you. but i am also a pothead................grins

• Like 1

Back on topic, if America is such a racist country; why do people have a need to perpetuate racial hoaxes?  It should be apparent without making stuff up if in fact there were daily examples of racism.  The BYU/UNC volleyball incident is the latest example of this.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/media-go-all-in-on-apparent-volleyball-racism-hoax-at-byu

And then there is the Oberlin College law suit against a local bakery that was found in the favor of the bakery.  This was not necessarily a hoax, but a frivolous lawsuit based on racial discrimination that wasn’t.

Racism isn’t an American only evil. Neither is slavery. However this country is held hostage by both and a lot of it comes from people who work their entire lives to perpetuate it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Racism isn’t an American only evil. Neither is slavery. However this country is held hostage by both and a lot of it comes from people who work their entire lives to perpetuate it. 

With ridiculous statues, flags, celebrations and worst of all,,, the desire to keep it institutionalized.  There was nothing good about the confederacy. 

27 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

With ridiculous statues, flags, celebrations and worst of all,,, the desire to keep it institutionalized.  There was nothing good about the confederacy. 

All of that changing. Robert E Lee BLVD in New Orleans was renamed Allen Toussaint. Parts of it where it’s still advised to treat a red light as stop sign. Best to run the thing at night. Why are people still angry?

16 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Why are people still angry?

On one side, the answer is anger, fear, hate, political manipulation.

On the other,,, it should not require explanation if you have any empathy, sympathy, any ability to identify with others.

20 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

On one side, the answer is anger, fear, hate, political manipulation.

On the other,,, it should not require explanation if you have any empathy, sympathy, any ability to identify with others.

So first side is the “car jackers” ? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

These folks didn't just suddenly materialize out of a cultural vacuum.

??