why are people racist?

aubiefifty

i just do not get it and never have. i think the idea that there are all kinds of different people in the world is really fun and makes the earth a better place to be. here is the thing. i could care less what you look like or who you worship. if you are good to me i am good to you. it is just that simple. so why do we keep struggling with all this? i remember a step dad taking the family to a friend of his that had just come home after serving in the service and getting wounded while over there. i will never forget he talked about getting shot all to hell and he was trapped in a field of fire with very little cover and he could not walk or run. so he tells about how this black kid in his company jumped up from nowhere and ran in heavy fire and picked him up, slung him over his shoulder, and ran/jogged for about a fourth of a mile to safety basically saving his life. while telling the story i remember he called the kid the N word a couple of times and i do not remember if he ever called him by his real name. but why would you do that? this man risked his life for you. where did this hate come from? what can we do to stop it? i know this is a touchy subject but we will never get past this if we do not discuss it with open hearts and open minds. i know there is a long way to go.

31 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i just do not get it and never have. i think the idea that there are all kinds of different people in the world is really fun and makes the earth a better place to be. here is the thing. i could care less what you look like or who you worship. if you are good to me i am good to you. it is just that simple. so why do we keep struggling with all this? i remember a step dad taking the family to a friend of his that had just come home after serving in the service and getting wounded while over there. i will never forget he talked about getting shot all to hell and he was trapped in a field of fire with very little cover and he could not walk or run. so he tells about how this black kid in his company jumped up from nowhere and ran in heavy fire and picked him up, slung him over his shoulder, and ran/jogged for about a fourth of a mile to safety basically saving his life. while telling the story i remember he called the kid the N word a couple of times and i do not remember if he ever called him by his real name. but why would you do that? this man risked his life for you. where did this hate come from? what can we do to stop it? i know this is a touchy subject but we will never get past this if we do not discuss it with open hearts and open minds. i know there is a long way to go.

It's the way some people are brought up. We are all creatures of our upbringing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Back in the day the N word was just a description not a pejorative like it is now.  Not excusing him but it was a different society back then.

The reason we have racist issues today is because democrats accuse everybody of being racists when they disagree about pretty much anything. They are keeping it alive to use as a tool to divide society along racial lines and then exploit those divisions for political gain. The truth is most of us republicans or MAGAs or both don’t care about a persons race.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

It's the way some people are brought up. We are all creatures of our upbringing.

many of my friends were racist. as well as friends parents. my mother was not but her and the ones not were in the minority. i guess race is something folks do not want to talk about much anymore but we will pay down the road.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

many of my friends were racist. as well as friends parents. my mother was not but her and the ones not were in the minority. i guess race is something folks do not want to talk about much anymore but we will pay down the road.

There is entirely too much talk about race. We need to concentrate on shared experiences, values and the overwhelming number of items that unites us, rather than the few that don’t.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

There’s a lot of money and power accumulated by people who use race to attain it. It’s hideous and appalling but to be fair humanity has a history of being evil at times. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

There’s a lot of money and power accumulated by people who use race to attain it. It’s hideous and appalling but to be fair humanity has a history of being evil at times. 

Such as Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and David Duke.

• Dislike 1

10 hours ago, autigeremt said:

oh i agree with you there. at one time in england depending where you were at if you went to the wrong church you got disemboweled among other very horrible things in the name of god. i read a lot of history and historical fiction. hell in american they took black soldiers in uniform after world war 1 and beat and or hung many of them. and these poor guys stood up to fight for their country.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i know this is a touchy subject but we will never get past this if we do not discuss it with open hearts and open minds.

Are you kidding, Fifty?

May I remind you of a conversation we had this week about an article you posted:

I posted:  This is all you need to know about the author of this opinion piece.  A bigoted victim that can only care about his/her/they situation.

you responded:  if you do not see racism is running rampant in your party and being taken over by facists and nut jobs i am not sure what to tell you.

I posted in response:  I do not see racism in every aspect of life.  I can’t say the same for you.

Then you responded:  and that right there is why racism is rampant in this country and little gets done about it.

The conversation goes on and on with other people chiming in explaining their points of view and one thing is evident.  No one wants to admit there is racism against whites.  Just by your responses, it doesn’t seem you really want a discussion about racism, it appears you want your views upheld without rebuttal.  This is how the left shuts down conversations with people that disagree with them.  There are many words they use, homophobe, racist, transphobe and the *discussion* ends right there.  Just as it did in the thread mentioned.

Standing by for the down vote from Ichy.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Are you kidding, Fifty?

May I remind you of a conversation we had this week about an article you posted:

I posted:  This is all you need to know about the author of this opinion piece.  A bigoted victim that can only care about his/her/they situation.

you responded:  if you do not see racism is running rampant in your party and being taken over by facists and nut jobs i am not sure what to tell you.

I posted in response:  I do not see racism in every aspect of life.  I can’t say the same for you.

Then you responded:  and that right there is why racism is rampant in this country and little gets done about it.

The conversation goes on and on with other people chiming in explaining their points of view and one thing is evident.  No one wants to admit there is racism against whites.  Just by your responses, it doesn’t seem you really want a discussion about racism, it appears you want your views upheld without rebuttal.  This is how the left shuts down conversations with people that disagree with them.  There are many words they use, homophobe, racist, transphobe and the *discussion* ends right there.  Just as it did in the thread mentioned.

Standing by for the down vote from Ichy.

oh stop. i asked for folks opinions and yours is just one on a whole board. i do not need anyone to agree with me because racism does exist and it is running rampant. i wanted a discussion and i have no idea where you get this i expect no rebuttal.you just made that up. but what would one expect out of a trump supporter? not much. the only thing trump ever wanted to make great again is him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

oh stop. i asked for folks opinions and yours is just one on a whole board. i do not need anyone to agree with me because racism does exist and it is running rampant. i wanted a discussion and i have no idea where you get this i expect no rebuttal.you just made that up. but what would one expect out of a trump supporter? not much. the only thing trump ever wanted to make great again is him.

Yeah, you want an honest conversation, I can tell.  Revert to a *Trump* supporter as a rebuttal which has NOTHING to do with racism.

Do you believe there is daily comments made by media that are racist comments against white people?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yeah, you want an honest conversation, I can tell.  Revert to a *Trump* supporter as a rebuttal which has NOTHING to do with racism.

Do you believe there is daily comments made by media that are racist comments against white people?

ok now we are cooking. so give me some examples...........

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

ok now we are cooking. so give me some examples...........

The biggest one is *white privilege*, everybody has some privilege in life and it is racist to add the word white.

Asian Americans are being discriminated against in college admissions, although not white, they are discriminated against.

Minnesota white teachers will be laid off before POC teachers with less seniority.

Anything Ibram X Kendi says, the 1619 project, this list is endless.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

The biggest one is *white privilege*, everybody has some privilege in life and it is racist to add the word white.

Asian Americans are being discriminated against in college admissions, although not white, they are discriminated against.

Minnesota white teachers will be laid off before POC teachers with less seniority.

Anything Ibram X Kendi says, the 1619 project, this list is endless.

i have not heard half of that. and for the record i have never said whites have not faced racism. this country treated the irish bad. we treated the chinese bad. and we have been treating blacks pretty bad since they set foot in this country. we hate and or fear muslims even tho the vast majority of them are peaceful. lets not forget the gays either. this thread was to think of ways to change the narrative and let go of the negative. how do we end racism?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i have not heard half of that. and for the record i have never said whites have not faced racism. this country treated the irish bad. we treated the chinese bad. and we have been treating blacks pretty bad since they set foot in this country. we hate and or fear muslims even tho the vast majority of them are peaceful. lets not forget the gays either. this thread was to think of ways to change the narrative and let go of the negative. how do we end racism?

The best way to do it is to not see racism in everything that happens.  Identity politics has enhanced racial divisions as well as other identities that want equal publicity for their cause. 

I see very few examples of racism in my everyday life.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Are you in a minority group?

Why would it matter?  I am not predisposed looking for racism.

Just now, Leftfield said:

That is almost verbatim what I figured you'd say.

Good for you, so why would it matter?

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

oh i agree with you there. at one time in england depending where you were at if you went to the wrong church you got disemboweled among other very horrible things in the name of god. i read a lot of history and historical fiction. hell in american they took black soldiers in uniform after world war 1 and beat and or hung many of them. and these poor guys stood up to fight for their country.

Appalling. We haven’t progressed much in the time we’ve roamed this planet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, autigeremt said:

ICHY you don’t believe what I said? It’s true and you know it! 

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Maybe you should try and discern the difference between history and fiction.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Maybe you should try and discern the difference between history and fiction.

judge me all you want buster i come on here to have fun and give the right hell. i do know history. slavery was a thing. racism is alive and thriving regardless of you folks say. custer had it coming altho he was a very brave man.in the civil war at gettysburg custer charged into the teeth of the rebel lines four times. and when he died he was out scouting locations for a new army fort close in the area. altho he was pretty fearless he also was on murdering women and children. study hard jj because i will be giving a pop test next week.

On 9/2/2022 at 4:34 PM, jj3jordan said:

Back in the day the N word was just a description not a pejorative like it is now.  Not excusing him but it was a different society back then.

The reason we have racist issues today is because democrats accuse everybody of being racists when they disagree about pretty much anything. They are keeping it alive to use as a tool to divide society along racial lines and then exploit those divisions for political gain. The truth is most of us republicans or MAGAs or both don’t care about a persons race.

Wow, bro, this did not age well...You hands down win the BS Award today.

There is some racism in every aspect of life and in many decisions. 

Dr King said that he wanted to see people judged and awarded based on the content of their character and not the color of their skin. I have tried to lead my life based on Dr King's humble request. I have been called "N-Word Lover" most of my life. My second son openly calls me Pops. He is Latino. My third son, my Timothy if you know what that means, is Mulatto, in his own words. Kim and i have supported a Guatemalan family and a Eswatini Family. Their son is Nkosingphile Mfetswa he writes us several times a year. If he comes to America to study we will sponsor him too.

When I was in the Nuclear Navy i learned that everyone is blue. It's why they treat us all the same. It does teach you to be more impartial and more open minded. We were also taught to watch gay shipmates to see if they exhibited any signs of being black-mailed when they handled classified documents. Never were asked o report them nor hurt them. They were shipmates just the same. I say Nuclear Navy because my average ship mate was likely college educated or would be by the time they were 25. I understand that others in the service did not have the same experience.

Navy IDs 56 Ways to Fix Inequality in the Ranks in the Wake of George  Floyd's Death | Military.com

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1