Defenseless Player Rule Change

aubiefifty

i got this off the rant.can anyone tell me if it is legit. i have no idea where to look. but good lord QB's might as well wear skirts and paint their fingernails. folks are not happy.

RULE 2-27-14-A Defenseless Player - Passer

ARTICLE 14. A defenseless player is one who because of their physical position and focus of concentration is especially vulnerable to injury. When in question, a player is defenseless. Examples of defenseless players include but are not limited to:

A.- A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass. This includes a player in a passing posture with focus downfield.

• Angry 1

ok someone said this is the same as the nfl rule? i always thought hitting a qb when he is passing leads to turnovers? i never pay attention a lot to pro ball to be honest.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

ok someone said this is the same as the nfl rule? i always thought hitting a qb when he is passing leads to turnovers? i never pay attention a lot to pro ball to be honest.

It's not the same as the NFL rule.

This does not affect roughing the passer. This simply expands the definition of a defenseless player related to targeting. This does not mean you can’t hit a player in a passing posture. It just means you can’t forcibly hit them in the head/neck.

Edited by Didba
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i got this off the rant.can anyone tell me if it is legit. i have no idea where to look. but good lord QB's might as well wear skirts and paint their fingernails. folks are not happy.

ARTICLE 14. A defenseless player is one who because of their physical position and focus of concentration is especially vulnerable to injury. When in question, a player is defenseless. Examples of defenseless players include but are not limited to:

A.- A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass. This includes a player in a passing posture with focus downfield.

RULE 2-27-14.1- Approved Tackling of a Passer

The only approved method of tackling a passer will be to pull the flags the passer is wearing on either side of his waist. Touching a passer will be penalized with an immediate ejection from the game. Making a passer cry will result in a disqualification for the remainder of the season.   

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Well dang this should work in Finley's favor.  He just needs to fall down after they hit him late.  

3 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Well dang this should work in Finley's favor.  He just needs to fall down after they hit him late.  

He will also have to actually stoop over in order to get hit in the neck/head area.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2