Fox Anchors Deposed in Defamation Lawsuits

Didba

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I think most people received him like me. People like you great at taking a snip of what he said and twisting it. Had to understand the context. Overall he had a very good show. 

Never could tolerate Hannity.

Well, this is where I would normally start quoting his little "snips", but it's obvious it won't pierce your denial.

11 hours ago, auburn41 said:

I'm not trying to defend Limbaugh (he clearly said plenty of controversial things over his 30+ years on the radio) but you clearly have no idea what you are talking about (which is completely typical for you).  Just google his name along with philanthropic and charitable giving and you will see what kind of human being he was!  Since I know you won't do it here is some of what you will find:

https://altoday.com/archives/32591-the-case-beyond-his-commentary-for-giving-rush-limbaugh-the-medal-of-freedom

In 2008 Forbes named Rush one of the nations top philanthropic celebrity givers saying, “Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh ranked fourth on the Most Generous Celebrities List by donating $4.2 million, or approximately 13% of the $33 million he earned last year, to the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation, a charity that helps support the children of Marines or federal law enforcement officers who died in the line of duty.” 

Here are some key donations to note:

• As of April 2016: Over the past 26 years, Mr. Limbaugh and his audience have collectively raised more than $47 million for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, helping provide much-needed research and support for individuals and families affected by blood cancer diseases. 
  • “Every year I think it’s going to be the year that we finally have topped out and we’re not going to be able to beat the previous year. And I’ve never been right,” shared Limbaugh. “I and everybody at the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of America thank you from the bottom of our sizable beating hearts.” 
  • As of Dec. 2019: Raised over $5 million for the Tunnel to Towers Foundation which supports the loved ones of first responders killed in the line of duty. In July of 2019, the foundation paid off the mortgage of the house belonging to the family of a slain Auburn law enforcement officer for his wife and two children.
  • On Oct. 19, 2007: Rush auctioned off a letter he received from congressional Democrats who were upset with him for statements he made about soldiers who opposed the war and matched the winning bid. He gave the profits to The Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation at the time he said, “it’s now official, is going to get in excess of $4.2 million because I am matching Betty Casey’s bid on eBay — $4.2 million.”
  • In July 2018, Limbaugh and his wife donated $500,000 to the Dana Farber Cancer Clinic in Boston.

So I assume you'll agree that people like Bill Gates and George Soros are great human beings also because of the hundreds of millions/billions that they have given to charities? 

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

So I assume you'll agree that people like Bill Gates and George Soros are great human beings also

You're good at assuming stuff I never said.  Please go show me where I said Limbaugh was "great human being."  I was refuting the dumbass statement that he was a "total failure as a human being."  You know. the kind of blanket statements you guys always throw out there about conservatives.  I don't agree with Gates' or Soros' politics but I never called them "total failures as human beings."

And just for good measure, your statement from his show back in the day, is probably exactly what he said.  I would need to know the context however because he often used absurdity to point out the absurd.  It was very effective and he was very good at it!

13 hours ago, auburn41 said:

I'm not trying to defend Limbaugh (he clearly said plenty of controversial things over his 30+ years on the radio) but you clearly have no idea what you are talking about (which is completely typical for you).  Just google his name along with philanthropic and charitable giving and you will see what kind of human being he was!  Since I know you won't do it here is some of what you will find:

https://altoday.com/archives/32591-the-case-beyond-his-commentary-for-giving-rush-limbaugh-the-medal-of-freedom

In 2008 Forbes named Rush one of the nations top philanthropic celebrity givers saying, “Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh ranked fourth on the Most Generous Celebrities List by donating $4.2 million, or approximately 13% of the $33 million he earned last year, to the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation, a charity that helps support the children of Marines or federal law enforcement officers who died in the line of duty.” 

Here are some key donations to note:

• As of April 2016: Over the past 26 years, Mr. Limbaugh and his audience have collectively raised more than $47 million for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, helping provide much-needed research and support for individuals and families affected by blood cancer diseases. 
  • “Every year I think it’s going to be the year that we finally have topped out and we’re not going to be able to beat the previous year. And I’ve never been right,” shared Limbaugh. “I and everybody at the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of America thank you from the bottom of our sizable beating hearts.” 
  • As of Dec. 2019: Raised over $5 million for the Tunnel to Towers Foundation which supports the loved ones of first responders killed in the line of duty. In July of 2019, the foundation paid off the mortgage of the house belonging to the family of a slain Auburn law enforcement officer for his wife and two children.
  • On Oct. 19, 2007: Rush auctioned off a letter he received from congressional Democrats who were upset with him for statements he made about soldiers who opposed the war and matched the winning bid. He gave the profits to The Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation at the time he said, “it’s now official, is going to get in excess of $4.2 million because I am matching Betty Casey’s bid on eBay — $4.2 million.”
  • In July 2018, Limbaugh and his wife donated $500,000 to the Dana Farber Cancer Clinic in Boston.

Really?  Money equates to being a good human being.  Interesting.  I suppose heaven will be full of wealthy people.

• Dislike 1

22 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Really?  Money equates to being a good human being.  Interesting.  I suppose heaven will be full of wealthy people.

Well @icanthearyou I guess you can't hear me.  No response huh?  You know the comment above means that you are a LIAR!😇

Edited by auburn41
  • Facepalm 1

23 hours ago, auburn41 said:

You're good at assuming stuff I never said.  Please go show me where I said Limbaugh was "great human being."  I was refuting the dumbass statement that he was a "total failure as a human being."  You know. the kind of blanket statements you guys always throw out there about conservatives.  I don't agree with Gates' or Soros' politics but I never called them "total failures as human beings."

And just for good measure, your statement from his show back in the day, is probably exactly what he said.  I would need to know the context however because he often used absurdity to point out the absurd.  It was very effective and he was very good at it!

@CoffeeTiger there has never been a comment you wouldn't add your opinion to....except this one! 😂 

• Facepalm 1