Some Fun

Rednilla

Movie Time  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What movie should I watch with my daughter before we head to Auburn on Saturday?

• Encanto
    • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    • The Iron Giant
    • The Incredibles 2
    • Frozen 2

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/2022 at 05:01 AM

On 8/30/2022 at 8:57 PM, AuburnEagle79 said:

The Incredibles and Frozen sequels were let downs for me. 

Frozen 2 is better than Frozen 1. Incredibles 2 was good, but maybe not quite as good as the original.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/30/2022 at 8:38 PM, bigbird said:

Stripes, Ghostbusters, and What about bob rival groundhog day in my book, but if I see it on, I always watch a little bit 

Haven't seen What About Bob. Didn't care for Ghostbusters too much, but Stripes is definitely up there.

too bad she cannot watch deadpool. it is the only movie that ever made me really laugh in twenty years. but hey get her an electric barbie car to scoot around in and she might not care what movie you watch. keep it at your place so she wants to come over more. and maybe get it painted orange and blue. of course i have never had children so i might be off a tad.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

too bad she cannot watch deadpool. it is the only movie that ever made me really laugh in twenty years. but hey get her an electric barbie car to scoot around in and she might not care what movie you watch. keep it at your place so she wants to come over more. and maybe get it painted orange and blue. of course i have never had children so i might be off a tad.

Both Deadpool movies are spectacular, and Ryan Reynolds was born to play that role. Not exactly for younger eyes, though, you're right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

Both Deadpool movies are spectacular, and Ryan Reynolds was born to play that role. Not exactly for younger eyes, though, you're right.

the first one where he is hiding behind the car on the bridge and he gets show or something and screams like a little byatch cracks me up every single time i watch it. venom is close...............

• Like 1

The Iron Giant has the smallest of edges over Encanto right now, and I'm picking my little girl up in a couple of hours from her mom's house so time is winding down. Think I'll see if I can't set the poll to end at midnight so I can get up in the morning and find out if The Iron Giant held onto its lead.

18 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

The Iron Giant has the smallest of edges over Encanto right now, and I'm picking my little girl up in a couple of hours from her mom's house so time is winding down. Think I'll see if I can't set the poll to end at midnight so I can get up in the morning and find out if The Iron Giant held onto its lead.

So the majority of a mostly male, college football football fan forum think The Iron Giant and your instincts are leading you to go with their pick?  Knowing most of the guys on here for a while, you should pick whichever movie is polar opposite of The Iron Giant.  I'm just saying... 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So the majority of a mostly male, college football football fan forum think The Iron Giant and your instincts are leading you to go with their pick?  Knowing most of the guys on here for a while, you should pick whichever movie is polar opposite of The Iron Giant.  I'm just saying... 

we must be smart enough to know who and who not to take advice from (especially in the realm of relationship guidance).

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I want to reiterate that my daughter, not the members of the college football forum, is a big fan of all 5 of these movies. Also, that this is just going to be a suggestion; if she says, "No, Daddy, I really want to watch Tinkerbelle Barbie" (or whatever the Tinkerbelle movie she has is), then in spite of the fact that it is literally my least favorite of her movies, I'll say, "Well, okay then, baby, that's what we'll watch." Now, unlike one of these movies, I won't actually watch that one with her, rather being on my laptop with it on in the background (and her playing with her stuffed animals/Barbies/the dog/etc. on the couch and not really watching, because she's seen it a thousand times and can recite it from memory by now). . . but still, the decision will ultimately be hers.

6 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I want to reiterate that my daughter, not the members of the college football forum, is a big fan of all 5 of these movies. Also, that this is just going to be a suggestion; if she says, "No, Daddy, I really want to watch Tinkerbelle Barbie" (or whatever the Tinkerbelle movie she has is), then in spite of the fact that it is literally my least favorite of her movies, I'll say, "Well, okay then, baby, that's what we'll watch." Now, unlike one of these movies, I won't actually watch that one with her, rather being on my laptop with it on in the background (and her playing with her stuffed animals/Barbies/the dog/etc. on the couch and not really watching, because she's seen it a thousand times and can recite it from memory by now). . . but still, the decision will ultimately be hers.

Great “daddy” plan. Stick to it.

7 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

that-was-sarcasm-anti.gif

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Still talking about kids movies.

Soft as Charmin, ever one of ya.

What's worse, not one mention of Minions.

I don't have Minions to be able to watch it. Sorry.

Thanks everybody for your participation. She was excited to hear about it, and she's happy to watch The Iron Giant, which we've not watched together for a while. Of course, we'll probably have time to watch that and Encanto, but one must do what one must do.

And no, I'm not going to talk about it. :)

• Haha 1