What's your predictions for the CFB season?

autiger88

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Can y’all understand then why I’m high on Dell and Travis if we have to make a search soon?

Good lord

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Despite the talent that UGA has accumulated, I expect them to come back to earth this season.

Texas A&M will lose multiple games this year including to Arkansas and we will laugh at them for it all.

Baylor coming out party this season to be the king of the hill in the big 12.

tOSU will win the NC 

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to What's your predictions for CFB season?
2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Baylor coming out party this season to be the king of the hill in the big 12.

I really like that one 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No. IMO, neither have the pedigree that SB had.

I respectfully disagree but who would be of equivalent pedigree then (that we’d have a shot at)?

Edited by AUwent

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I really like that one 

Besides Marcus Freeman, I am really rooting for Coach Aranda. Wish both their teams success.

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

Besides Marcus Freeman, I am really rooting for Coach Aranda. Wish both their teams success.

Not when we have to play them in a few years. 

• Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Not when we have to play them in a few years. 

who cares?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

I respectfully disagree but who would be of equivalent pedigree then?

As a young up and comer? There weren't any like his.  Seriously, look at it again...

George O'Leary

Philip Fulmer 

Sylvester Croom 

Steve Spurrier 

Frank Beamer

Kirby Smart 

Lincoln Riley 

Seriously, who can you compare that to?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Aranda is one of my favorites.  He is one of the most detailed DCs Ive seen. He was always ready for everything.  There wasn't a single scenario not thought of or scripted for.  He has always been on my short list.

• Love 2

Just now, bigbird said:

Aranda is one of my favorites.  He is one of the most detailed DCs Ive seen. He was always ready for everything.  There wasn't a single scenario not thought of or scripted for.  He has always been on my short list.

Yep mine too! Would've loved to have him. But I also have a penchant for defensive minded coaches too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep mine too! Would've loved to have him. But I also have a penchant for defensive minded coaches too.

What I liked about Beamer is he had such a well rounded grooming. He came up under great offensive and defensive coaches, as well as learning ST under his dad.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

Despite the talent that UGA has accumulated, I expect them to come back to earth this season.

Texas A&M will lose multiple games this year including to Arkansas and we will laugh at them for it all.

These two I agree with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

What I liked about Beamer is he had such a well rounded grooming. He came up under great offensive and defensive coaches, as well as learning ST under his dad.

Beamer, if he keeps going, will be the poster boy for "coaching fits matter." You don't always need a huge name.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If and I mean if at the end of the season we are looking for a new coach I want him on the list as a hopeful. 

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

As a young up and comer? There weren't any like his.  Seriously, look at it again...

George O'Leary

Philip Fulmer 

Sylvester Croom 

Steve Spurrier 

Frank Beamer

Kirby Smart 

Lincoln Riley 

Seriously, who can you compare that to?

And I respectfully disagree that Dell doesn’t fit that profile.

https://www.on3.com/teams/georgia-bulldogs/news/georgia-assistants-show-promise-as-potential-head-coaches-dell-mcgee-glenn-schumann/

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/dell-mcgee-georgia-head-coach/

“Other than perhaps Sam Pittman, no Georgia position coach has been more integral to the Bulldogs’ success than McGee.”

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

And I respectfully disagree that Dell doesn’t fit that profile.

https://www.on3.com/teams/georgia-bulldogs/news/georgia-assistants-show-promise-as-potential-head-coaches-dell-mcgee-glenn-schumann/

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/dell-mcgee-georgia-head-coach/

“Other than perhaps Sam Pittman, no Georgia position coach has been more integral to the Bulldogs’ success than McGee.”

So he's learned and coaches under...

Willie Fritz 

Gus Malzahn 

Kirby Smart 

I'm sorry, that is in no way comparable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

So he's learned and coaches under...

Willie Fritz 

Gus Malzahn 

Kirby Smart 

I'm sorry, that is in no way comparable.

K. Well, hopefully Harsin works out but if not I look forward to hearing your opinion on who to go after that we can realistically get.

As for the Baylor discussion, remind me in three years time if we’re not expecting to reach the eight win mark because we again have the nations toughest schedule. I'm honest to god starting to regret my support for firing Gus. Because I'm starting to feel like he was the best coach we can hope to get when having the toughest schedule in the nation every single damn year.

Edited by AUwent
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, AUwent said:

K. Well, hopefully Harsin works out but if not I look forward to hearing your opinion on who to go after.

I hope so too.  He has a similar pedigree.

If not, we all love a coaching search.

• autiger88 changed the title to What's your predictions for the CFB season?