gr82b4au

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Y'all can all suck it!

15-0, Baby!!!!!!

6rgew0.gif

This has got my vote!

• Like 1

I'm thinking 5-7.

We win the three gimme games, split with Mizzou/MSU and beat one other team who ends the season with a better record than Auburn.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I'm thinking 5-7.

We win the three gimme games, split with Mizzou/MSU and beat one other team who ends the season with a better record than Auburn.

skeptical-chris-carey.gif.30e522974a3ebcb324dd5602deec4a96.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Didba said:

Yes. Money not the issue. Unless its like Aggie/Texas money which is on another level. Oil money.

Yup. Our goal should be top 15 in recruiting perennially, with occasional top 10.

12 hours ago, Didba said:

5-0 to start the season. End at 8 wins. 

5-0 and several on here will be talking about playoffs after all off season saying this guy would be fired haha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

5-0 and several on here will be talking about playoffs after all off season saying this guy would be fired haha

You're probably not wrong.

• Like 1

Games we should win:

Mercer, SJSU, Mizzou, WKU

Toss Ups I think we win: Penn State, LSU, TAMU (overhyped as usual)

Toss Ups I think we lose: Ole Miss, MSU, Arkansas

Games I can’t see us winning: Georgia, Bama

7-5

Maybe 8-4 if the crowd shows out for Arky after back to back losses. 

8-4. Only game that really gets away from us is at Bama. 

We are gonna start this season hot with how the schedule lines up. 

I could see 10 wins if everything goes our way, and 6 if we still can't close out a game. 

21 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Ok winner wins… nothing.

I am going with 6-6. 
we will win: 

mercer (closer than we want as we work out the kinks)

sjs 

mizzou

Ark

miss st

western KY

I am 50-50 on swapping Arkansas and LSU. If we start out 3-0 we may win 7 or 8. If we lose one of the first two games then all bets are off. 

I think we play Iowa St in a bowl. Go 7-6 overall  

Full disclosure, I will never project Auburn to have a losing season or even a .500 one. No point in even watching the season if that is how I think it will finish.

Mercer - W

SJSU - W

Penn State - L

Mizzou - W

LSU - W

@ Georgia - L

@ Ole Miss - W

Arkansas - W

@ Mississippi State - W

Texas A&M - L

WKU - W

@ Alabama - L

(8-4) with a bowl win over UCF for (9-4) finish. Optimism is high but replacing the OL in 2023 is going to be a nightmare.

• Like 3

Truthfully, if I had to put money on how the season is going to go, I would say we go undefeated in Jordan-Hare, but win only one away from home. That puts us in a pretty good bowl game, so the win would be far less assured. So 9-3 with a chance to get to double digit wins in the bowl. . . but for some reason, I'm getting the feeling we'll lose the bowl game and finish 9-4.

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

but replacing the OL in 2023 is going to be a nightmare.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not entirely sure some of the younger players haven't progressed beyond the returning Super Seniors. Brandon Council is the only SS that I've heard about potentially stabilizing a starting spot on the OL. Of course, the O-line hasn't been getting a whole lot of good reports that I've heard, but. . . yeah.

Plus we're after some high profile JUCO linemen, as well as the high schoolers being brought in for development, and I'm sure we'll be in the market for one or two of the higher rated portal prospects next offseason when that all ramps up, so I'm not entirely sure we won't be better off on OL next year than we are this year. Time will tell, I suppose.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fredst said:

False alarm. Thought the six fingered man was in here posting for a minute there…..

Luckily, I’ve spent two years building up a tolerance to Iocaine.   So I’m prepared to best him in a battle of wits!

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Of course, the O-line hasn't been getting a whole lot of good reports that I've heard, but. . . yeah.

That's why I'm so down on this year.  I don't see how we win enough SEC games to make a bowl with a poor and thin OL. And I'm not sold TJ is disciplined and quick enough to overcome that disadvantage (or that Robbie is accurate enough).

9-3 and undefeated at home

Harsin has his staff (not Bobo or Mason) and he gets to fully run his program week in and week out. The offense and defense flow much better due to this. Moral is higher because the cancers have been removed from the locker room. There are some serious and experienced leaders on this roster (John Shanker). I think Auburn football will a cohesive unit similar to 2019.

War Damn Eagle.

• Like 2

Why is everyone so high on Arky, I know they had a good year but they looked pedestrian against our D last year.  I don't see them doing any better against our defense this year either unless KJ Jefferson has really taken massive steps forward with his accuracy.

36 minutes ago, Didba said:

Why is everyone so high on Arky, I know they had a good year but they looked pedestrian against our D last year.  I don't see them doing any better against our defense this year either unless KJ Jefferson has really taken massive steps forward with his accuracy.

For me, it's due to their top three coaches.  Pittman, Briles, and Odom are all great at their respective positions. 

They will be tough and prepared.  They are the hard nosed, nasty, chip on their shoulder type of team that you would expect to see from the golden triangle. 

Those two things lead me to believe they will be a very solid team.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

That's why I'm so down on this year.  I don't see how we win enough SEC games to make a bowl with a poor and thin OL. And I'm not sold TJ is disciplined and quick enough to overcome that disadvantage (or that Robbie is accurate enough).

We're actually not all that thin on the line this year since we had all the Super Seniors come back, but what I was saying is that they might be riding the bench because their backups might well have surpassed them. 

No, the concern about having enough bodies is for next season, but as long as we bring in a few high schoolers, a few good JUCO prospects, and one or two from the portal, we could very easily be better off next year than we are this year. The OL has reportedly not looked good, but then again, we have some studs on the defensive line, so that might have something to do with why the OL hasn't looked good.

Honestly, I can understand the concerns, but come on man, this is the preseason, the one time of year when hope springs eternal. Why not just try to be open to the possibility that we'll be formidable this season, huh? 

8-5 with a win in a bowl game.

We need to win 8 and be a couple breaks from winning 10. We DON’T need to win 6 and be a couple breaks from winning 10 (like last year).

Time to win some close ones and show some progress.

3 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Plus we're after some high profile JUCO linemen, as well as the high schoolers being brought in for development, and I'm sure we'll be in the market for one or two of the higher rated portal prospects next offseason when that all ramps up, so I'm not entirely sure we won't be better off on OL next year than we are this year. Time will tell, I suppose.

This is a massively optimistic prognosis, starting with the assumption that JUCO's are anything more than a complete unknown (check our own recent history, it's really not that great). It took Zierer what, 1.5, 2 seasons to start showing anything? Brandon Coffee from the same class can't even get on the field.

The transfer portal is the only place to find guys you can actually pencil in to start, but those guys are all going to be hot-commodity just like you saw this past winter. Even the best teams often need upgrades at OL.

• Like 3