Time to guess our final record

gr82b4au

9-4

8 wins

But we actually are on our way to below TN. It's a pay for players league now and we just don't have the money to compete in that arena, including with TN.

So we better enjoy our 8 wins this year, might never get there again..

• Facepalm 1

Some of you guys have no idea of the definition of "fun". I suggest you approach a freaking game as that. It actually works, and I don't kick my dog. I'd say that about my wife , but she's already scaring me with that look.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CR said:

Were coming off a losing season and picked to finish last in the West. I think were there.

Tennessee was a laughing stick for double digit years, and they're still not out of the woods.  Malzahn probably did not damage than Harsin could ever think of.  

• Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

image.gif

No I’m pretty sure I used it right. Inconceivable means not capable of being imagined or grasped mentally. If something is NOT inconceivable, then it is capable of being imagined or grasped mentally. 

Or are you thinking it IS inconceivable that Auburn would lose to SJSU? If so that’s fine. But I definitely used to the word right. Big fan of that gif though.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

No I’m pretty sure I used it right. Inconceivable means not capable of being imagined or grasped mentally. If something is NOT inconceivable, then it is capable of being imagined or grasped mentally. 

Or are you thinking it IS inconceivable that Auburn would lose to SJSU? If so that’s fine. But I definitely used to the word right. Big fan of that gif though.

Lol.  Yes, you did.   Sorry, the gif was just a reference to the movie.   The little bald guy kept saying “inconceivable”.   And that’s when Inigo Montoya says “….I don’t think you know what that means”.  It’s what I think of any time I hear someone say something is inconceivable.    (just my immaturity, carry on 🤪)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:
1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Lol.  Yes, you did.   Sorry, the gif was just a reference to the movie.   The little bald guy kept saying “inconceivable”.   And that’s when Inigo Montoya says “….I don’t think you know what that means”.  It’s what I think of any time I hear someone say something is inconceivable.    (just my immaturity, carry on 🤪)

Need @Barnacle to weigh in here obviously….

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

No need to apologize for quoting one of the greatest movies ever…..

• Like 1
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Ahh. Jesus, I didn’t even put it together. That was a good one, I’m just too air headed to have caught on. Lol

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

You called?

False alarm. Thought the six fingered man was in here posting for a minute there…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7-5 is realistic given the Oline and QB concerns. Defense is the shining star again and keeps us in games. Special teams adds to the upside for this year as well. 

If Oline can run block just a little better and a QB can make limited mistakes and get the ball to our receivers then I think we could get up to 9 wins and really surprise folks. 

Just now, GreenTiger said:

7-5 is realistic given the Oline and QB concerns. Defense is the shining star again and keeps us in games. Special teams adds to the upside for this year as well. 

If Oline can run block just a little better and a QB can make limited mistakes and get the ball to our receivers then I think we could get up to 9 wins and really surprise folks. 

9 wins would be great. 10+ and Harsin needs his own statue next to Cam.

8-4 

Advanced metrics show that we underperformed by two wins last season.  Think we start 5-0 at home and then struggle a bit as the schedule kicks in late.

Losses at UGA, Bama, Ole Miss and home vs A&M

Defense is going to keep us in a bunch of games.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1

So, I'm a first-year Auburn fan. I arrived this year in the transfer portal from Georgia Tech.  I've spent the summer studying and learning about the program.  I actually really like Harsin and I think he has a great staff.  As a new fan, I fell like I can look at the team from unemotional point of view.

First Five Games: (4 - 1) Auburn wins 1 of Penn State, LSU but not both. Offensive personnel just isn't good enough to start 5-0 but all 5 games are winnable. 

Next 3 Games: (1 -2)I'm not high on Ole Miss and I think that is the one they get.  Got a shot at Arkansas too, that could get you to 8 wins.

Final 4: (2-2) Wins over MSU and WKU.

7-5 Record with a chance at 8-4 

The roster is was it is and probably will be worse in 2023.  I don't think you can blame Harsin for the current state of the program. He can carry some blame for the state of the QB depth chart but beyond that I think he deserves time to build the program the right way.  Doesn't matter who the coach is this is going to take some time to build the right way.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5-0 to start the season. End at 8 wins. 

5 hours ago, gabo4au said:

8 wins

But we actually are on our way to below TN. It's a pay for players league now and we just don't have the money to compete in that arena, including with TN.

So we better enjoy our 8 wins this year, might never get there again..

Ugh…hope someone can rebut this…

Edited by AUwent

Just now, AUwent said:

Ugh…hope someone can rebut this…

It's been refuted by several insiders in the Eagles Nest.

• Like 1

Just now, Didba said:

It's been refuted by several insiders in the Eagles Nest.

They say we have the $ needed? Because I do find it crazy to think we’re that poor.

Just now, AUwent said:

They say we have the $ needed? Because I do find it crazy to think we’re that poor.

Yes. Money not the issue. Unless its like Aggie/Texas money which is on another level. Oil money.

6 hours ago, gabo4au said:

This is just straight false. We most assuredly have the money people in place. The main problem that we've been running into is compliance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1