Time to guess our final record

gr82b4au

21 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Tennessee was a laughing stick for double digit years, and they're still not out of the woods.  Malzahn probably did not damage than Harsin could ever think of.  

Engrish , please!😂

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, metafour said:

This is a massively optimistic prognosis, starting with the assumption that JUCO's are anything more than a complete unknown (check our own recent history, it's really not that great). It took Zierer what, 1.5, 2 seasons to start showing anything? Brandon Coffee from the same class can't even get on the field.

The transfer portal is the only place to find guys you can actually pencil in to start, but those guys are all going to be hot-commodity just like you saw this past winter. Even the best teams often need upgrades at OL.

Yeah, I said elsewhere that I'm a bit leery of relying upon JUCOs, but that these guys we're pursuing are supposedly high caliber. I have no idea; even if I had watched the film on any of them, I wouldn't know how to judge a lineman's ability any more than any other high school wide receiver.

6 hours ago, DAG said:

5-0 and several on here will be talking about playoffs after all off season saying this guy would be fired haha

Schedule sets up nice for a hood start…I’m thinking 5-0 or 4-1 heading to Athens.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Schedule sets up nice for a hood start…I’m thinking 5-0 or 4-1 heading to Athens.

I think you are right and that’s would be amazing to say the least 

• Like 1

I’m going to say 7-5

We lose to bama, uga, Tamu.  I think we probably lose to Arky.   5th loss comes from PSU, LSU, or Ole Miss.  (I am personally hopeful we go undefeated in MS!)

I won't give a whole-season prediction, but I think we will win the first five games, and that will be critical for many reasons.  If we can do that, I think Harsin and our team are going to upset a lot of the national media's predictions of us.  I am excited for Saturday.  I only with Penn State was a night game like ours was last year for them.

Edited by abw0004

22 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Truthfully, if I had to put money on how the season is going to go, I would say we go undefeated in Jordan-Hare, but win only one away from home. That puts us in a pretty good bowl game, so the win would be far less assured. So 9-3 with a chance to get to double digit wins in the bowl. . . but for some reason, I'm getting the feeling we'll lose the bowl game and finish 9-4.

I would take that today. 

20 hours ago, Didba said:

Why is everyone so high on Arky, I know they had a good year but they looked pedestrian against our D last year.  I don't see them doing any better against our defense this year either unless KJ Jefferson has really taken massive steps forward with his accuracy.

They have a great coaching staff who coach well and their players fight hard & never give up.  The 180 degree attitude adjustment Pittman put in place compared to Chad Morris' was a noticeable difference on the field.  

Chad Morris is terrible and was miraculously able to run that program even further into the depths of hell than Burt Bielima took it.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The 2 guys that downvoted you on this post were sitting there last night like..

image.gif.1c0927aa27773dab1f302b9487ddab87.gif

1. We’re not good enough to just win by going through the motions

2. Classic looking ahead type game

3. SJS and the rest of that conference  know Harsin well and his tendencies.

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Did they know that he likes to sit on the sideline like😐the whole game.

Definite losses- Ark, Ga and UAT. If we improve weekly then the rest are winnable. If we struggle then add Penn St, LSU, Ole Miss and A&M to the loss column.

9-3 at best

4-8 at worse

7-5 is what I guess…

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

We are not a difficult team to scout and prepare for. I haven't seen an AU offense that vanilla since the post-Tony Franklin failure / Hugh Nall coached 2008 West Virginia game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

We are not a difficult team to scout and prepare for. I haven't seen an AU offense that vanilla since the post-Tony Franklin failure / Hugh Nall coached 2008 West Virginia game.

*whispers*

We were up 17-3 and blew that game.

4 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I hope you're right, but I have never seen an Auburn team this bad that played like they could just show up and the opponent would just roll over for them.

This team was voted LAST in the West.  The dawbers can't afford to that, and Harsin definitely can't

4-8 . Harsin takes reduced buyout at years end . I hope I eat drum of crow. I see zero so far that gives me faith in the football program. I wish I had a better attitude towards it. Next week could get rough. I’m all out of sunshine 2 games in. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I’m back from my own suspension. 

After last night I want to say 6-6. But can also see 4-8, 5-7. I think a lack of depth and reliable secondary pieces can be detrimental from the October-November stretch. Dline, RBs, and WRs look pretty solid so far. I do believe we can beat Penn State if Harsin & Co. allows the offense to get in a rhythm early. 

After two games, I now just can’t go better than 6/6. I had hoped to go 8/5 which would be a two game improvement, but this team just looks ill prepared in all three facets. The only other potential wins I see and I say potential with a huge question mark are: Mizzou, LSU, Western KY and one of the Mississippi schools. As I’ve always stated, Harsin deserves at least three years, but his recruiting has been abysmal thus far, so I have very little hope this staff is smart enough to ever win even 8 games. Hope I’m wrong, but I just don’t see it.